Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Oh MAN! Propaganda at it's worst! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Oh MAN! Propaganda at it's worst! by Mach10
Started on: 11-15-2001 08:13 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: Jaygee79 on 11-19-2001 10:27 PM
Mach10

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
WARNING: Do *NOT* read if you take yourself at all seriously. This might offend some of the more rabid parishners here. If you don't like it, then frig off

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

I played D&D... Does that mean I'm going to kill myself? Can I cast REAL spells?!? AM I EVIL!?!???!!!

SAVE ME JEBUS!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha..what a joke. Do people have any actual life of THEIR OWN?? Between the saps that believe this crap they read, and the weirdos making it....sheez...get a life people!

Jebus?! LOL...that brings some laughs on...haha!

Bryce
88 GT

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I like D&D, its fun and get to let my imagination roam.. Have I went romping around town with a sword? NO!! Its fun, the gmae doesnt corrupt people, there already corupt. Usind D&D as an excuse. Well mt .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 cents worth.

------------------

"All Fieros broke right now" :(

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Loki:
I like D&D, its fun and get to let my imagination roam.. Have I went romping around town with a sword? NO!! Its fun, the gmae doesnt corrupt people, there already corupt. Usind D&D as an excuse. Well mt .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 cents worth.

EVIL!!!! EEEEEEEVIL!!

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Others have said that same thing
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
THANKS TALIBAN you showed the evil nature
of all true BELIVERS. the FAIRY TALE does not matter just the idea of GOD ON YOUR SIDE is the same no matter what the BELIFE is and so is the LACK OF TOLERANCE of others way of life.
the SAME PEOPLE who want to ban music and films now fear games shows their true colors
are the same as talibans.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I just got back in from slaying some orcs with my magic sword, and read this.. uh oh, I'd better order that and save myself.

LMAO.. didn't I just post something earlier about christians having messed up ideas about wiccans?

(p.s. I don't play D&D.. but I did see the movie.. so I had to guess about the orc part.. hehe)

I'd say I feel sorry for people that believe this junk, but then again.. as long as they don't bother me with their delusions, I don't mind. hehe.. then again, I often do get bothered by religious nuts. ever been yelled at by a street preacher? d@mn annoying.. wouldn't leave me alone..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Does that mean that because I listen to Rob Zombie, Korn, Gwar, Metallica, and Marylin Manson, that I am going to go to hell .

------------------

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
THANKS TALIBAN you showed the evil nature
of all true BELIVERS. the FAIRY TALE does not matter just the idea of GOD ON YOUR SIDE is the same no matter what the BELIFE is and so is the LACK OF TOLERANCE of others way of life.
the SAME PEOPLE who want to ban music and films now fear games shows their true colors
are the same as talibans.

Well said

Who ARE you?!?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'll have to see if I can find some Pagan Tracts. They're great! There's one that says the Bible doesn't apply to them, and uses the Bible to prove it!

I'm not trying to take sides or bash anyone's faith. I believe all rivers lead to the sea. Your faith and the path you take is how each of us choose to get there. But the problem with the Bible is, there are enough contradictions and quotes in it that you can quote the Bible and make it mean almost anything you want.

Also, IMO, if you're not reading it out of the original Hebrew (I believe), then you're reading a translation that has been colored by the views of the translators.

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Bull. I am a christian. I play role playing games. Not specifically D&D for years but RPG's all the same. That cartoon was probably from the 80's when a few kids DID kill themselves with some knd of relationship to the D&D game. Only idiots thought the game caused this. You guys are looking for any idiots comments to bring down religion. Enough is enough. Your main point is that religous people are not tolerant. Bull. I am. Rayb you constantly attack it. Let it go. Practacie the tolerance you preach.
PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Chic comics have been around forever. All he writes is religious comics. Many of them our very good and our always backed by where you can find the passages in the bible to back them up! Unforunatly many of them our very anti jew,gay and any religion generally that isn't christian. That's why I believe in god but not religion. Some of his comics are really funny if you don't take them to serious.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Formula88: I agree.. I'm not religious, yet I am spiritual.. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming into a church (ok, maybe just grumbling under my breath.. hehe) but if you ask me if I belive in a god, an afterlife, etc.. the answer is yes. I'd love to get my hands on an original copy of the bible, in hebrew, but since that would cost a LOT more than probably any of us have, and since I don't speak hebrew, it wouldn't really matter anyways. But you're right, each time it was re-copied and translated, something was changed. Think of how many words have multiple meanings in our language.. what if someone didn't know what "bug" was often synonymous with "irritate" or "annoy"? Imagine the confusion that'd cause, and visions of people somehow using insects on other people (ie. "bugging" them..) or what about our slang terms.. "I got fired at work.." ouch!

NO current bible is totally accurate.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2001 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Oh dear Jebus! my Gigapet has just died of starvation and it's all my fault! Sob.. weep.. Life so cruel I can't take it anymore! My life is not hardy worth the waste of 38 cents of lead in a bullet. I shall starve myself then.... yeah yeah thats it thats what I'll do. sob sob. Jebus forgive me....

Gigapets: More than just a pet
Earl Schibe explains why

Should a weak minded idiot Own a Gigapet?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 11-16-2001).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

...and so is the LACK OF TOLERANCE of others way of life...

You'r the only people I see who are intollerant here.

I see more people bash Christianity here than any other belief/lifestyle/whatever.
Where's YOUR tolerance?

You will be judged by your own sword.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

I don't know what your's is, but mine's a Ginsu. Out of the OJ Simpson collector series.

------------------

dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
I don't think D&D is going to send anyone to hell. But I will say it is funny how the tolerant and open minded are the ones who end up saying the most intolerant, close minded Nazi statements they can make up. Ray b - not to start a war but I bet you would make the anti-christ a great second in command. Your serving a master you just don't know it yet.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2001 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Can you say Darwin?
Anyone who hangs themselves (even figuratively) over a game or otherwise is certainly not of strong spirit or mind. This has nothing to do with religion or even swords OR does it?
Whats the difference between me holding a gun to your head and making you beg and yern for your life or me standing on pulpit and holding a book to have you willingly beg and yern for a place in heaven?

Disclaimer
I do not look down on religion or the people that live it. Nor do I Judge people for what they believe in and the practices that bring them peace.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

You'r the only people I see who are intollerant here.

I see more people bash Christianity here than any other belief/lifestyle/whatever.
Where's YOUR tolerance?

VERY LOW FOR BS LIES OF RELIGION
AND AS RIGHTWING NUTS ARE TRYING TO CHANGE LAWS NOW [BUSH,ASHCROFT,ECT] TO IN FORCE THEIR FAIRY TALES ON ME
SAME AS TALIBAN DOES
ALL I WANT IS GOVERMENT AND LAW BASED ON FACT NOT FAIRY TALES
WITHOUT BANNS ON BOOKS MOVIES OR GAMES

JUDGEMENT OF NONEXISTANT GODS ARE NOT THE FEAR I HAVE, BUT JUDGEMENT OF REAL COURTS BASE ON FAIRY TALES IS A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER THAT MUST BE FOUGHT. NOW AS IN THE PAST.

MY SWORD IS CLEAN NOBODYS BLOOD IS ON IT AS I ONLY USE IT TO DEFEND FREEDOM FROM RELIGIONS LIES CAN YOU SAY THE SAME???

YOU CAN BELIVE WHAT EVER BS YOU WANT TO BUT DO NOT TRY TO INFORCE RELIGION'S VALUES BY LAWS ON ME OR THERE WILL BE WAR.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 11-16-2001).]

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
LOL..Jeez... Some people...
BTW rayb, since you think you know everything, why dont you learn to spell and use punctuation, essay...............
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Ray, you're right.
You're god.
No one has the right to be intollerant of others except for you.
We should be tolerant of everyone who agrees with you, and intollerant of those who don't.

You sound just like your uncle Hitler.

Your forcing your lack of belief on me is just as bad as anyone who would ever try to force their beliefs on you.

Go get a life, hypocrite.

PFF
System Bot
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
What laws are the "right wing nuts" trying to force on ya rayb? Funny you should mention that. Christians can not allowed to display symbols of their faith at work. They are limited as to what they can say concerning faith. Who made those laws? left wing nuts? What law derived from the bible do you fear? Thou shall not kill? Thou shall not steal???? Well in case you did not know we already have the laws from the bible in our society. You probably think that Bush and Ashcroft were the 2nd and 3rd gunman that blew away Kennedy dont ya? You spout of so much garbage and opinion that you disguise as fact. What are you hoping to accomplish??? I have asked this many times. The only answer I can find is that you are trying to convince yourself. Why not live YOUR LIFE and stop trying to strip others of the one thing that holds a lot of people together in bad times? Faith has pulled people through some terrible situations. Why do you feel the need to destroy hope? You are a scared old man. Wanting someone to give him hope by stealing others.

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 11-16-2001).]

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

and while you're at it, get a dictionary too.

[This message has been edited by Jaygee79 (edited 11-16-2001).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Ray, you're right.
You're god.
No one has the right to be intollerant of others except for you.
We should be tolerant of everyone who agrees with you, and intollerant of those who don't.

You sound just like your uncle Hitler.

Your forcing your lack of belief on me is just as bad as anyone who would ever try to force their beliefs on you.

MY THOUGHTS ARENOT FORCED ON ANYONE BY ANYTHING I DO OR POST
I DONOT MAKE ANY LAWS OR RULES OR INFORCE ANY RULES OR LAWS EVER
AND A PERSON CAN TRY TO FORCE HIS BELIFES ON ANYONE AT ANYTIME AS LONG AS NO LAWS ARE BROKEN IN THE PROCESS
UNLIKE BUSH AND ASHCROFT WHO DO TRY TO CHANGE LAWS AND RULES AND USE THE POWER OF GOVERMENT TO INFORCE THEIR WILL ON ALL OF US
LIKE IN ASHCROFTS BAN OF OREGON VOTER APPROVED LAW RIGHT NOW THAT IS BASED IN HIS RELIGIOUS BELIFES
OR ALL THE OLD BLUE LAWS THAT CON'S WANT BACK

AND NOBODY EVER HAD A RELIGIOUS GOVERMENT THAT WAS FAIR TO ALL EVER ANYWHERE ANYTIME

------------------

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:
Does that mean that because I listen to Rob Zombie, Korn, Gwar, Metallica, and Marylin Manson, that I am going to go to hell .

The following is pure sarcasm: Yes.

I thought that was just a joke until I got to the bottom.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
What laws are the "right wing nuts" trying to force on ya rayb? Funny you should mention that. Christians can not allowed to display symbols of their faith at work. They are limited as to what they can say concerning faith. Who made those laws? left wing nuts? What law derived from the bible do you fear? Thou shall not kill? Thou shall not steal???? Well in case you did not know we already have the laws from the bible in our society. You probably think that Bush and Ashcroft were the 2nd and 3rd gunman that blew away Kennedy dont ya? You spout of so much garbage and opinion that you disguise as fact. What are you hoping to accomplish??? I have asked this many times. The only answer I can find is that you are trying to convince yourself. Why not live YOUR LIFE and stop trying to strip others of the one thing that holds a lot of people together in bad times? Faith has pulled people through some terrible situations. Why do you feel the need to destroy hope? You are a scared old man. Wanting someone to give him hope by stealing others.

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 11-16-2001).]

LAWS GODS BOYS WANT NOW,
BANN ON ABORTIONS AND BIRTH CONTROL
BANN ON RIGHTS FOR HOMO'S
BANN ON PORNO
BANN ON ROCK,RAP,AND JAZZ IF THEY DONOT LIKE THE WORDS
BANN ON BOOKS
BANN ON FILMS
BANN ON SEX AND DRUGS AND ROCK&ROLL
BANN ON ANYTHING THEY DON'T LIKE

NO THE SECOND AND THIRD GUNMEN WERE LIDDY AND
HUNT WORKING FOR THE CIA AND THE MOB J/K OR ISIT

WHAT DO I HOPE, TO BE FREE, TOTAL FREE FROM FAIRY TALES

AND YES I AM AFRAID OF THE LOSS OF FREEDOM THAT BUSH WANTS

AND WHERE DO YOU GET THE BS ABOUT RELIGION ON JOBS I NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF BAN ON A CROSS ON PEOPLE, ONLY ON PREACHING AT COWORKERS ABOUT HELLFIRES, NOT ON GOD BLESS YOU'S.
MY POSTS ARE ABOUT LAWS AND BELIFES NOT YOUR PERSONAL ACTIONS WHY ARE YOU ON ABOUT MINE???

------------------

Tonker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Holy crap, people!

I will say this, and this only:

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT GUILT CAST THE FIRST STONE

Nobody here has the right to judge Rayb for his views. Resorting to attacking grammar/spelling?!? There's a NAME floating in my head. EDSB52... Didn't he get SLAMMED for doing the same thing? Attacking spelling/grammar? By SOME of the people here?

I've seen more **** spewed out of the mouths and minds of christians than by any other faith. It's ALWAYS the same crap. Think about what you say. The bible teachs PEACE and TOLERANCE, yet the only thing 95% of the Christian community seems to do is discriminate, judge, condemn, and persecute.

Has ANYONE here given Ray a good reason to actually believe, other than "You're gonna go to hell!"?

Jeez, people... This thread was a joke. NOT an invitation to a flame war. If there's gonna be flames, surely you people can do better than "You're gonna burn!"
C'mon, let's see some ****, *****, and ******

GarethWright

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethWrightSend a Private Message to GarethWrightDirect Link to This Post
*NOT a bash on Christianity or Religion in General, just My Own observations*
Many Christians are always willing and ready to talk to you about their religion, but as soon as you start talking about yours, they aren't quite so interested.
I was baptized soon after I was born, but I have not regularly attended church since I was 8 (now 20).
I don't kill anything higher evolutionary than insects (ewww Spiders) I think Evolution and the Big Bang are fairly correct, I do think that there is an afterlife, and that there are beings out there with more power than Humans, but not necessarily that they created the universe.
I haven't read the Bible, but also I haven't read the Koran or any other literary guidebook of religion.
I think that when you die, what happens to your soul *or whatever you want to call it*, is what you Believe will happen when you die.

Long ago, I read somewhere that as far as belief goes, there are 4 alternatives:
You Do or Do Not believe in God
God Does or Does Not exist,
The only way to lose, is if there IS a God, and you Do Not believe in him, so believe in God to minimize the downside risk

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GarethWright:
*I think that when you die, what happens to your soul *or whatever you want to call it*, is what you Believe will happen when you die.

So,...does that mean ..if he believed it hard enough, that Roger's soul could concievably become,say, a mirror in Brittany Spears bedroom after his departure from this world? Just jokin, Roger.

so believe in God to minimize the downside risk

Brings up an interesting, if only hypothetical 'food-for-thought' scenario:
Two athiest parents raise their kids as athiests. As the kids reach maturity, they offer the kids the chance to decide on their own, whether to believe in religion/God or not. (sorta like drug abusers or criminals raising their kids in that enviroment, then telling them when they reach age 21, "live your life as you wish") The kids follow their parents examples, and live as athiests. The parents come to the end of their lives, turns out they were wrong and end up in Dante's inferno. It is of course for all eternity. Years later, the kids arrive down there too, run across their parents in their suffering. "Gee thanks a bunch for this, Mom & Dad, you promised us it was just a fairy tale. Got any more good advice?"
But, you have to understand that atheists are not concerned in the future's downside risks. They are only concerned with events and such that affect THIS world. To be more concise; only the events, laws, etc, that affect their own personal worlds. That is, after all, all they have. Except of course, the rights and freedoms provided to them by those who fought to preserve same. You know, those with the stained swords.
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Only here on PFF! Always with the religious fights! There right...there right...nobody's wrong...

Doesn't anybody here believe in a good old fashioned "Food Fights" anymore?

Just wondering...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSocha:
Only here on PFF! Always with the religious fights! There right...there right...nobody's wrong...

Doesn't anybody here believe in a good old fashioned "Food Fights" anymore?

Just wondering...
Take this, you!!

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2001 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
ROFLMAO MJ!
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Brings up an interesting, if only hypothetical 'food-for-thought' scenario:
Two athiest parents raise their kids as athiests. As the kids reach maturity, they offer the kids the chance to decide on their own, whether to believe in religion/God or not. (sorta like drug abusers or criminals raising their kids in that enviroment, then telling them when they reach age 21, "live your life as you wish") The kids follow their parents examples, and live as athiests. The parents come to the end of their lives, turns out they were wrong and end up in Dante's inferno. It is of course for all eternity. Years later, the kids arrive down there too, run across their parents in their suffering. "Gee thanks a bunch for this, Mom & Dad, you promised us it was just a fairy tale. Got any more good advice?"
But, you have to understand that atheists are not concerned in the future's downside risks. They are only concerned with events and such that affect THIS world. To be more concise; only the events, laws, etc, that affect their own personal worlds. That is, after all, all they have. Except of course, the rights and freedoms provided to them by those who fought to preserve same. You know, those with the stained swords.[/B]

atheism is itself a religion
what does that say about a religion that permanently condemns someone because of ignorance? figure that the responsibility for all of their suffering would come down to the people that made no attempt to change their ways? same sort of issues that the missionaries came up against.

you have this noble savage that you are trying to convert. he asks "well, christianity sounds great, but what about my ancestors?"
"well, of course they go to hell, since they don't believe."
"well that's not cool... they didn't know about jebus... why should they be punished for that? take a hike, white-man!"

going by that logic, a good 75% of the world (most of it non-caucasian) is going straight to hell... that doesn't make much sense in a theological perspective, does it?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
...going by that logic, a good 75% of the world (most of it non-caucasian) is going straight to hell... that doesn't make much sense in a theological perspective, does it?

Who cares what makes sense, it's just SAD! (And at 75%, you're giving Christians WAY too much credit...)

...But it's true...

"Narrow is the gate, and FEW are those who will enter..."

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
CHRISTIAN'S IDEA OF HEAVEN IS VERY VERY BORING PLACE AND ALL MOST EMPTY WITH ONLY 3 PEOPLE THERE NOW ALL OLD JEWS "E" SOMETHING NAMES RAZED UP BY GOD IN OLD TESTITMENT
AS NO CHRISTIAN GET IN YET, SORRY BUT BY YOUR OWN BIBLE RULES, ONLY AFTER TRUMP DO 120,000 SAVED GET IN AS JOHN SAID IN "R"
BUT WHAT IF ALLAH ASKS IF YOUR A GOOD MOSLEM AT THR GATE??????
OR VISHNUE
OR MUT
OR HOURIS
OR ODIN
OR JUPITER
OR BAAL
OR ZORE
OR TEN THOUSAND OTHERS GODS
AND REMMEMBER JC SAID THERE IS A OTHER WAY.

------------------

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

CHRISTIAN'S IDEA OF HEAVEN IS VERY VERY BORING PLACE AND ALL MOST EMPTY WITH ONLY 3 PEOPLE THERE NOW ALL OLD JEWS "E" SOMETHING NAMES RAZED UP BY GOD IN OLD TESTITMENT
AS NO CHRISTIAN GET IN YET, SORRY BUT BY YOUR OWN BIBLE RULES, ONLY AFTER TRUMP DO 120,000 SAVED GET IN AS JOHN SAID IN "R"
BUT WHAT IF ALLAH ASKS IF YOUR A GOOD MOSLEM AT THR GATE??????
OR VISHNUE
OR MUT
OR HOURIS
OR ODIN
OR JUPITER
OR BAAL
OR ZORE
OR TEN THOUSAND OTHERS GODS
AND REMMEMBER JC SAID THERE IS A OTHER WAY.

Easy:

vishnue: what lovely arms you have!

mut: it's not your fault egypt collapsed... they didn't pray hard enough...

horus: awesome eye, man! is it real?

odin: well, i kicked the crap outta this one kid in school... i'm a warrior, too!

jupiter: i was *going* to leave gifts at your temple, but it got destroyed... i'd offer you a daughter, but i don't have one... sorry...

baal: here, have some blood... it's fresh!

thor: awesome light display, man! don't see many thunderstorms like that any more!

sorry if i offend people with this... i'm bored, and at work

how is it that *i* see what ray's saying, but no-one else wants to consider it? how does one know that theirs is the only religion? what right does one have to convince everyone else on the planet of this?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:

you have this noble savage that you are trying to convert. he asks "well, christianity sounds great, but what about my ancestors?"
"well that's not cool... they didn't know about jebus... why should they be punished for that? take a hike, white-man!"

going by that logic, a good 75% of the world (most of it non-caucasian) is going straight to hell... that doesn't make much sense in a theological perspective, does it?

Actually, it is irrelevant, depending on what you were taught and believe. Although the gate may be narrow, I believe I remember reading that God suffers the sins of little children. Just as a little innocent baby would not be excluded, neither would the ignorant ancient ancestor,(God considers all mankind his 'children' as He is the Father) providing they had lived a righteous, albeit sinful life.(everyone sins some) They were truly ignorant so they couldn't refuse belief. Same can't be said for the guy that said 'take a hike'. It was offered, he refused. Depends what you believe, it is faith based, after all. Open to interpretation.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-18-2001).]

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mach10:
[b]

Actually, it is irrelevant, depending on what you were taught and believe. Although the gate may be narrow, I believe I remember reading that God suffers the sins of little children. Just as a litle innocent baby would not be excluded, neither would the ignorant ancient ancestor,(God considers all mankind his 'children' as He is the Father) providing they had lived a rightous albiet sinful life.(everyone sins some) They were truly ignorant so they couldn't refuse belief. Same can't be said for the guy that said 'take a hike'. It was offered, he refused. Depends what you believe, it is faith based, after all. Open to interpetation.[/B][/QUOTE]
good answer...

but the guy who says take a hike? was he shown anything other than "hey look, you're gonna burn" against all available evidence? i don't see that as being a sin. that still falls under the category of "innocent ignorance" imho...

wait a minute. why am i arguing this? we don't make the rules, god does... let him sort it out.

nevermind then!

Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post

Who cares what makes sense, it's just SAD! (And at 75%, you're giving Christians WAY too much credit...)

...But it's true...

"Narrow is the gate, and FEW are those who will enter..."

Well im about to get my feet wet in this one, but religion is best explained to me by about 2 theories, cant remember the names of either the theories or the people that crafted them, if its important i WILL go look them up as they are highly regarded theories and people in the religious world.

But they basicly state a centralist view. The many major religions of the world are monotheistic,looking up at one god. The centralist view states that these many religions are looking at the same entity and if they are true to their religion they will find a path. Basically many paths will lead to one god(there is a specific name but i cant remember).

The other view looks at conflicts between science and religion, all this does is seperates the natural and supernatural worlds, the natural is defined by science and hte supernatural is defined outside of science, or by god if you wish.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock