Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Oh MAN! Propaganda at it's worst! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Oh MAN! Propaganda at it's worst! by Mach10
Started on: 11-15-2001 08:13 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: Jaygee79 on 11-19-2001 10:27 PM
Mach10

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neal:
Well im about to get my feet wet in this one, but religion is best explained to me by about 2 theories, cant remember the names of either the theories or the people that crafted them, if its important i WILL go look them up as they are highly regarded theories and people in the religious world.

But they basicly state a centralist view. The many major religions of the world are monotheistic,looking up at one god. The centralist view states that these many religions are looking at the same entity and if they are true to their religion they will find a path. Basically many paths will lead to one god(there is a specific name but i cant remember).

The other view looks at conflicts between science and religion, all this does is seperates the natural and supernatural worlds, the natural is defined by science and hte supernatural is defined outside of science, or by god if you wish.

comparative theology... there *are* a lot of parrallels to suggest a link between all available religions, and one dude. most have their own creation myths and similar religious values... there are deviants but with a little imagination there isn't all that much difference.

if god made us in his image, why are we all so different? but if we made god, then wouldn't that explain why there are so many varieties of them? makes sense huh?
the converse to this is that we *aren't* that different suggesting that god *did* make us...

IP: Logged
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2001 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
...AND REMMEMBER JC SAID THERE IS A OTHER WAY.

Uh, where?!
He said (and I quote);

"I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life. NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME."
And later...
"There is but ONE NAME under Heaven than man can be saved."

I refuse to have a debate with an unarmed person. Learn your religion (you and Mach both), THEN come talk to us.

[edited for bad "size" tag]

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 11-18-2001).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Uh, where?!
He said (and I quote);

[b]"I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life. NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME."
And later...
"There is but ONE NAME under Heaven than man can be saved."

I refuse to have a debate with an unarmed person. Learn your religion (you and Mach both), THEN come talk to us.

its not MY RELIGION it yours and I DON'T WANT IT. but the Quote is real, your the one who doesnot know his bible.
total unnessarry to make things up truth is the bible is full of contradictions and weird ideas that don't go together or make scence. like prince of peace,lamb of god, with a sword???????to set brother againts brother???

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Ray, read my lips...

S H O W M E .

Where in the Bible is this mysterious phrase where Jesus states "there is another way"?!

Liar.

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Triad, Rayb has a website that he pulls this old testament crap from. Either that or a bible vers application that he copes and pastes from. I tried to explain to him before that the "Christians" he bashes do not follow the old testament. I tried to explain that the new testament is the basis of the followers of christ. he just does not seem to understand. He loves to build these huge 500 post threads trying to break down peoples faith. No law he mentioned has a chance of passing. No law he mentioned has any effect on him personally. He supposedly had a problem with his niece and a cult. He now thinks all religion is evil.....at least thats what he claims. He has turned innocent posts not concerning religion into hotly debated topics of his own making. He is looking for someone to put up a convincing fight. Someone to show him that life has not only been about him. That his empty feeling inside can be filled. No matter how many times he is proved wrong he persists. he will let one thread die just to move the SAME discussion to another one 2 days later. I just dont understand the purpose. He has not converted one person to my knowledge. But he just may be accomplsihing bringing people to religion. He just maybe exposing people to ideas oppisite from his view that they have never heard. Hey Rayb.....I never thought of it but you may actually be an agent of god. keep up the good work.
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
"Liar"
I've found this to be an interesting thread, but now it's getting nasty. It is possible to debate without resorting to name calling.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:
Ray, read my lips...

S H O W M E .

Where in the Bible is this mysterious phrase where Jesus states "there is another way"?!

Liar.

not a exact quote i donot waste brain cells with exact chapter and verse #.
but the verse is about JC talking to a stranger and the 12 diciples ask why as the man is not one of them[a jew], JC reply is to the point that there is more than one way to god's grace and all ways has been. wonder why thats NOT A VERSE THEY TEACH IN SUNDAY SCHOOLS?????

AND JC DID SAY "NOTHING I SAY WILL MAKE ONE WORD OF THE LAW[old "T"} PASS AWAY"
saul/paul was the anti old "T" guy who changed THE LAW after he fell off the ass and hit his head and saw a vision. and then fought with the family of JC over it. read james for clues.
learn about what the "Q"[source] is about and read thomas and the other the repressed books of the "A" that were thrown out of the bible and why.

Falconhulk yes i do sometime use a on line concordance and some bibles have a small one in the back pages.

I DO NOT LIE ABOUT RELIGION!!!!!!IT IS STRANGER THEN I CAN MAKE UP.

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
not a exact quote i donot waste brain cells with exact chapter and verse #...

You know, with that approach, it's no wonder your "knowledge" on the subject is suspect. "I think I heard something like this somewhere, you go look it up..."

...but the verse is about JC talking to a stranger and the 12 diciples ask why as the man is not one of them[a jew], JC reply is to the point that there is more than one way to god's grace and all ways has been.

Well, you're going to have to find it and quote it chapter and verse, bacause it does NOT exist, and you're simply lying to make you uneducated point.

And my statement that you are a liar is not namecalling, any more than calling a dog a dog is namecalling.

Your obstinance notwithstanding; I tried to find your reference, and the closest thing I can find is where (in Matt 15:21-28 and also Mark 7:24-30) the Caananite woman cried out for Jesus to heal her daughter, and Jesus blew her off. His explanation was "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
She persisted, and He eventually granted her request, citing her faith even in the face of denial as the causation. NO mention of any other Way.

wonder why thats NOT A VERSE THEY TEACH IN SUNDAY SCHOOLS?????

Uh, because it doesn't exist? If you say it does, show me where.

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
I tried to explain to him before that the "Christians" he bashes do not follow the old testament. I tried to explain that the new testament is the basis of the followers of christ. he just does not seem to understand.

it's pointless with some people. they constantly preach against narrow-mindedness, but they seem to think they are exempt from the rule. very hypocritical if you ask me.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock