Gas Prices still dropping! by WhiteFieroBlur
Started on: 11-07-2001 05:13 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: beer_stud_21 on 11-08-2001 02:11 PM
WhiteFieroBlur

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFieroBlurSend a Private Message to WhiteFieroBlurDirect Link to This Post
I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing but I was like in wow when it hit 99 cents and now its still dropping and at 96 Cents. Think it will go down to 50 Cents?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
its 96 cents !! where do u live ?
i live in hunington beach california and every one here is amazed that it's at 119 !
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Direct Link to This Post
Dropped here from $1.09 to $1.07.
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully it will continue and reach a point where you put more gallons in then what it will finally cost!

------------------

Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
I can get $1.13 at the Indian Reservation. They must sure make a profit, no taxes and they only charge a few cents under what the local places do.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Gotta love Oklahoma gas prices. I filled up at Texaco on Saturday for 98.9, and it is still dropping. Anyone wanna go for a cruise?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Cheep stuff was 92.9, yesterday morning at QuikTrip.
Atlanta has some of the cheapest gas in the Southeast, and this place has the cheapest between my home and work.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the gas station. 53.9 here.

Brandon

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Well, enjoy it while it lasts, OPEC has announced it will begin cutting production wiithin 2 weeks, to stabilize prices. Low @pump gas prices are good for consumers, but oil company earnings are down cmpared to 3rd qtr 2000. Got my Exxon earnings report, company net earnings=$3.1 billion for 3rd qtr 2001. 3rd qtr 2000=$4.5 billion. Like I said, good news for the consumer, but not so good for the industry or economy as a whole.
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Well, enjoy it while it lasts, OPEC has announced it will begin cutting production wiithin 2 weeks, to stabilize prices. Low @pump gas prices are good for consumers, but oil company earnings are down cmpared to 3rd qtr 2000. Got my Exxon earnings report, company net earnings=$3.1 billion for 3rd qtr 2001. 3rd qtr 2000=$4.5 billion. Like I said, good news for the consumer, but not so good for the industry or economy as a whole.

I've often wondered how much oil company stock I would need to buy so I would always break even...

GarethWright

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethWrightSend a Private Message to GarethWrightDirect Link to This Post
Its a conspiracy! Supposedly Modern day refined gasoline is only good for like 6 months, they just don't want people stocking up on the cheap stuff while it lasts!
btw, 97 cents here.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2001 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Depends--If you buy right after a split, price is low. A good growth company stock can recoup its worth in 18 mos. Splits again. You now have twice as much stock. Price per share is same (approx) as when you bought the original amt, but overall value is doubled.(twice as many shares) The money you spend on filling your tank is real, the value you hold in stock is only on paper unless you sell. If you spend $100 per month on gas, that is $300/qtr. At the current declared Exxon dividend of 23cents/share, you would have to own 1343 shares to break even just off of your quarterly dividend. Course, if you were to buy that many shares outright, at todays price/per share, it would cost you over $49,000 .
WhiteFieroBlur

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFieroBlurSend a Private Message to WhiteFieroBlurDirect Link to This Post
Umm maryJane I have no clue what your talking about but I like it . I always wanted to do some stocks and stuff but have no clue on doing it without doing some research. Wanna invest some money for me? :d But down to 53 Cents? that crazy. I know soon enough they are gonna just shoot right up so high. I guess I'll just cruiz and waste gas while its low. No sense on waisting something that happens once in a blue moon.
Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
WhiteFieroBlur - I was waiting for someone to comment on that. That's Canadian cents/ Litre. Not American dollars/ Gallon. Still, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a month ago! I filled my tank for $17, and a month ago I was spending $25!

Brandon

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Hey stimpy, I'll go for a cruise!
It's still $1.13 here. All you other Oklahoma guys are reporting under $1. What gives?

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

^^^^^new project^^^^^

• 86 SC 2.5L 5spd
  • IP: Logged
    thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
    Cheep stuff was 92.9, yesterday morning at QuikTrip.
    Atlanta has some of the cheapest gas in the Southeast, and this place has the cheapest between my home and work.

You guys in Douglas county must get a surcharge. 87¢ here in sunny N. Fulton

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
    It wasnt that awful long ago, when I was in the Air Force at Tinker AFB Okla, that we paid 11.9 cents @ gallon. And that was in the age of muscle cars, 70s

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-08-2001).]

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2001 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
    I wish i still lived in atlanta...im about anhour east of you guys at its about 95-97 here, sometimes like 93 cents at the base.
    beer_stud_21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2001 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beer_stud_21Click Here to visit beer_stud_21's HomePageSend a Private Message to beer_stud_21Direct Link to This Post
    I hate all you people... ! ;-) Gas is $1.91 here!! Thats down 10 cents from what it was a while ago. Gas prices need to go back up though. When gas is cheap it just makes people want to drive more SUV's. Our country needs to wean itself off of petro. Convert to hydrogen fuel cell or ethenol. Renewable resources that we don't have to rely on the muslim countries for. Its a big part of why we are in this "mess" right now... ;-(

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock