Started on: 11-01-2001 10:04 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: fropuff on 11-03-2001 11:36 AM
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2001 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Anybody else watch the old silent film 'Nosferatu' on halloween night? It was the first time I have ever seen a silent film, had a hard time following it at first but kind of got into it. Those silent film actors are so dramatic, nothing like the films that are out today.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shiner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2001 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I try not to watch that film too much; it scares the bejesus out of me. They just re-released it on DVD as well. The disc has a couple of score options for playback; the original organ only score, and the full orchestral score, I belive. Pretty neat stuff.
TSPalmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2001 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TSPalmerSend a Private Message to TSPalmerDirect Link to This Post
I saw it and really enjoyed it, but it is kinda scary. The whole silent/b&w thing makes it that way I think.

------------------
T.Shawn Palmer
'85 SE 4cyl 5spd

Darren's 87 coupe

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2001 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darren's 87 coupeSend a Private Message to Darren's 87 coupeDirect Link to This Post
Try renting Shadow of the Vampire with John Malkovitch. It is all about the making of Nosferatu and explains some of the weird crap that went on while making it. The actor that played the vampire was a real nut. All of what the movie says IS NOT TRUE, but i know some of it was. It explains why the ending of it was so quick and bad. Again, not true, but made for a cool movie, especially since you just watched Nosferatu. Hope you like it.
Darren

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2001 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Really one of the best vampire films, the b/w silent film stuff isn't bad. Kinda like listening to a radio program of a movie or tv show. Your imagination is often a lot more vivid that what is shown on a screen. Notice the vampire casts a shadow in this film? Later vampires have no shadow or mirror reflection.
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2001 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
NOSFERATU is the password for Soviet Strike on Playstation. It lets you be invincible. Just thought I'd let you know.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock