Finally completed my Diablo kit! (pics) by FLASHY
Started on: 10-24-2001 12:25 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Brandon86SE on 10-26-2001 12:42 AM
FLASHY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share the good news. I finally finished building my Lamborghini Diablo. Just so you are aware, these kits take patience and skill so you better be prepared to spend all your free time. It took me a WHOPPIN' 25 minutes from start to finish but it could take you longer if you're not familiar with the snap-on hardware. I recommend avoiding the glue-on pieces as it takes MUCH more patience and not to mention time. After all, who needs to spend over an hour of their lifetime on one kitcar? Sheesh! Here's some pics of my new baby.

This is a shot of the body shell with the pre-hinged doors, trunk, and engine lid. That was a bonus because it could take up to an extra 9-10 minutes to do that yourself. Phew, I'm glad I wasn't the guy who had to do all that work.

This is a pic of the chassis, interior, V12 engine and wing all installed. Keep in mind, although the transition from the first pic to this one seems quick and simple, it isn't. This is after a whole 18 minutes. I know, you're probably wondering "how does he do it?". It's simple...focus, focus, focus.

Ok, this was the final step to completing the kit. The wheels! These are massive! The front's are 2 x 1 cm and the rear's are...get this...2 x 1.5 cm!!!! A lot of rubber! (sorry for the blurred pic)

And finally after all the blood, sweat, and tears it's complete! One heck of a nice car if you ask me. Now that I'm familiar with it's components, I'd feel safe to say that the next time I build one it would probably take me under the 20 minute mark! Yes it's true! Practice, practice, practice! Thanks for your time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FLASHY (edited 10-24-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

I'm working on a Diablo kit myself. I bought it a long time ago and it came in a maroon/brownish color so I want to disassemble it and paint it orange. Someday it will get done. Your post has given me new inspiration to get started on my dream.... Thank You.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I dont think doing the full size one will quite as ez

Originally posted by FLASHY:
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share the good news. I finally finished building my Lamborghini Diablo. Just so you are aware, these kits take patience and skill so you better be prepared to spend all your free time. It took me a WHOPPIN' 25 minutes from start to finish but it could take you longer if you're not familiar with the snap-on hardware. I recommend avoiding the glue-on pieces as it takes MUCH more patience and not to mention time. After all, who needs to spend over an hour of their lifetime on one kitcar? Sheesh! Here's some pics of my new baby.

This is a shot of the body shell with the pre-hinged doors, trunk, and engine lid. That was a bonus because it could take up to an extra 9-10 minutes to do that yourself. Phew, I'm glad I wasn't the guy who had to do all that work.

This is a pic of the chassis, interior, V12 engine and wing all installed. Keep in mind, although the transition from the first pic to this one seems quick and simple, it isn't. This is after a whole 18 minutes. I know, you're probably wondering "how does he do it?". It's simple...focus, focus, focus.

Ok, this was the final step to completing the kit. The wheels! These are massive! The front's are 2 x 1 cm and the rear's are...get this...2 x 1.5 cm!!!! A lot of rubber! (sorry for the blurred pic)

And finally after all the blood, sweat, and tears it's complete! One heck of a nice car if you ask me. Now that I'm familiar with it's components, I'd feel safe to say that the next time I build one it would probably take me under the 20 minute mark! Yes it's true! Practice, practice, practice! Thanks for your time.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

I dont think doing the full size one will quite as ez

Heh heh...I wish

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
You mean that's not full size?

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
gt boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt boySend a Private Message to gt boyDirect Link to This Post

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
can I drive it to school tomorrow Flashy? everyone would be jealous!
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Sure Fierobaby but remember to park it FAR away from any other cars. Don't want someone to step on it while they get out of their car.
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you still have some detailing to do.

Did the frame extending give you any trouble?

------------------

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Voytek: Luckily it wasn't a fiero chassis to work with so there was no stretching involved. I know there's still some detailing involved...it's a never ending project. You know, one of "those" kinda kits. Sheesh!
PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

I should get my donor Fiero frame out of the crate and go out and purchase a Diablo kit at Wall Mart and put the Fiero frame side to side with the Diablo and see how much plastic melting would be involved to stretch the frame if needed.

I wonder if I can use the extra plastic that comes with either kit in the crate to cut costs and if it would be worth it.

------------------

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
There's no way that's a kit. Gotta be the real deal.

Wow, I just gotta case of deja-vu!

Return of Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Return of FieroSend a Private Message to Return of FieroDirect Link to This Post
ok, here a semi serious post, do they make a Fiero model kit, or replica? might be fun to build in the little spare time i have.(be dont in 3 years)
Myke
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
They did. You just have to keep watching eBay.
Return of Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2001 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Return of FieroSend a Private Message to Return of FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
They did. You just have to keep watching eBay.

no wal-mart kits? it wouldbe so much easier....
Myke

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2001 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Good work Flashy, hope to see that at the next meeting (if I'm not working) BTW, Calgary guys, when is the next meeting?

Brandon

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2001 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brandon, I'm not sure if we're having anymore meetings this year. Too many fieros going into hybernation. But if we did I don't think I'd bring my kit...I don't wanna make you all look bad.
Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2001 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
ah, so we're gonna end up going to the once a month at Schanks or wherever again? Either way it's all good. Some of us are able to tough it out all winter! hope to cya soon!

Brandon

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock