Started on: 10-22-2001 06:16 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: AusFiero on 10-23-2001 03:23 AM
Loki

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Well, im looking at a 50gal for my very first tank. And well dont know jack about fish Anyone got any pointers?hehe

------------------

ICQ# 16477998

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Simple Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Simple FieroSend a Private Message to Simple FieroDirect Link to This Post
Number one 50 gallon is a great starter tank, if things go wrong it gives you some time to fix it.
and check out the forums and all the stuff on www.fishindex.com
they are great and willing to help a newbie.
But first you have to decide what you are going to raise.
I have 3 tanks
a 20 gallon african cichlid tank, a 33 gallon freshwater and a 2 gallon goldfish and I love them all but problem is money goes into them and not my car LOL!
Study what type you want and then what fish, with a 50 gallon you have a ton of options. And the it doesn't have the be a deep tank a wide tank is better(but hard to come by)
Anyhoo good luck and tell me what you decide on I am really interested. Later
Craig
Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Cool, thanx. I dont rememeber the name of the fish but the guy I talked to said they were an aggressive fish. Pretty for freshwater, which is a plus They have the compltete set up.tank, canope, stand and all stuff to add water and go for $800 so I think im gonna make my own stand (was 200 itself)

------------------

ICQ# 16477998

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Will you fit in a 50 gal tank? You definitely don't want any aggressive fish in there when you do get into it.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 10-22-2001).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Search for a post Cliff made a few weeks back - something about getting a new hobby- lots of info.
Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Cant seem to find that post by Cliff on his tank..Search doesnt like me
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
i started off with a small fish tank, much easier for a begginer, when i up graded to a 12 gallon i had many problems, the biggest one i found is after i filled it completely up with everthing including fish and i found out a has a leak on the bottom, major pain in the @$$ before you set up your fish tank, take it out side and fill it with some water with a hose first to test for leaks. i have a 15 gallon tank now. its a good size tank, i bought it for 120 bucks with the Marineland system, its one complete unit that sits on the top.then something struck my tank and killed all my fish within a matter of months (never had this the 3 years before i owned fish)i cleaned it out well and put new fish in it and they still died except one that lived through both times. actually this happened to me right before i got my new one with my old 10gal tank. i got rid of all my fish and have 4 snapper turtles now but i need i new filtration system for that. go to www.marineland.co (i think) i need some dort of under gravel filter for my turtles though, any one know of one that the water only need to be a few inches high to work?

------------------
Adam J. B.

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2001 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Ahh cool, thanx Phil
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2001 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I am sitting here in my study looking at my fish tank now. I might actually get some new fish in it soon and put some water in it. Maybe the lack of water is why my last lot of fish died
Maybe I should use it for something else. Any suggestions?

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock