Attention Fiero Lisa by FieroRacer
Started on: 10-21-2001 07:30 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: Return of Fiero on 10-24-2001 11:04 AM
FieroRacer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRacerClick Here to visit FieroRacer's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRacerSend a Private Message to FieroRacerDirect Link to This Post
I was browsing your Geocities website today, when Norton Anti-Virus prompted me about a virus on one of the pages.

W32.Nimda.A@mm(HTML) Virus

It was the PA Tech Day 2001 II 10/7/2001 picture gallery.

Just wanted to warn you in case your system may have been infected.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
AAAAAahhhhh! Nimda virus!!!
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Mach10

7375 posts
Member since Jan 2001
AAAAAahhhhh! Nimda virus!!! Kill it before it BREEDS!!!
tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosClick Here to Email tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hey lisa, when u coming back down 33? LMK!
Thanx Jason

------------------

We all have dreams, but not everyone gets them...

FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Click Here to Email FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
What the hell is the Nimda virus and what does it do??
banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageClick Here to Email banditbalzSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
Can we get the virus from visiting her webpage? I need to know...
Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
If I were mean spirited, I could come up with a good joke about this situation.
But I'm not, so I'll just laugh to myself.
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaClick Here to Email FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Yah I know- I've been tryin to fix the d@mn thing ... How does it get onto a webpage like that anyway, cause other than website and email- I'm computer illiterate.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
LISA !!!!!!! SPREADING A VIRUS !!!!!! SAY IT ISNT SO.........

(i couldnt help it, i couldnt resist ...)

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-21-2001).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
There's a microsoft patch that is also supposed to be installed according to this link.
http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/nimda/default.asp?

Originally posted by FieroFanaticus2:
What the hell is the Nimda virus and what does it do??

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-22-2001).]

beer_stud_21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beer_stud_21Click Here to visit beer_stud_21's HomePageClick Here to Email beer_stud_21Send a Private Message to beer_stud_21Direct Link to This Post
LOL @ roger.... I'm just suprised you wern't the first to know.. hehe

-marlin

PFF
System Bot
FieroRacer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRacerClick Here to visit FieroRacer's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRacerSend a Private Message to FieroRacerDirect Link to This Post
I've done more research into the Nimba Virus. It's more of a worm that opens a back door for someone to get into a server. I'm running a fix tool now on my computer which will make sure my system is fully clean. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/topics/Nimda.asp
For information on Nimba.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.removal.tool.html
For the tool I'm using.

I urge you to have Geocities check all their servers. I tried looking for a URL to contact them but failed. Perhaps you have a Tech support E-Mail addy you could use.

FieroRacer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRacerClick Here to visit FieroRacer's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRacerSend a Private Message to FieroRacerDirect Link to This Post
I just finished checking my system. I'm cleaned. Norton Anti-Virus Did It's Job. I've found a form that let me at least try contacting Geocities so I tried letting them know their servers are infected.
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaClick Here to Email FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beer_stud_21:
LOL @ roger.... I'm just suprised you wern't the first to know.. hehe

-marlin

Hey now!!!!!!

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Anyone on @home? Anyone wondered why a few weeks ago the service was slower than crap on a cold day? NIMBDA! Bloody thing starts portscanning for backdoors. Not too bad, except when EVERY NT and 2k box on a network is doing it at the same time. Causes MAJOR poopie with the routers.

A BAD thing

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm....
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post

GT Bastard

2243 posts
Member since Sep 1999

------------------

tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosClick Here to Email tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hey lisa, when u coming down this way again? do u know a round-about time? LMK
Thanx Jason

------------------

We all have dreams, but not everyone gets them...

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Looks like that Nimda may have been my fault. I will scan the web server AGAIN, that link was to my server which keeps coming down with the virus even after being fully patched and virus protected go figure.
fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
good job grinthock! hehehe J/KI but yes this thing is PURE EVIL! I understand my share about worms and such but what I know has already been explained so good luck fixing it guys!
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Problem has been repaired, microsoft bug, they stink! It appeared that someone had modified the nimda virus to come in on an admin port of the web server, microsoft's patch (of course) for some reason didn't cover that. I found the solution on another site. Problem repaired now. Surf with glee.
PFF
System Bot
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

grinthock

2009 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Mach10:
Anyone on @home? Anyone wondered why a few weeks ago the service was slower than crap on a cold day? NIMBDA! Bloody thing starts portscanning for backdoors. Not too bad, except when EVERY NT and 2k box on a network is doing it at the same time. Causes MAJOR poopie with the routers.

A BAD thing

I actually complained to Cogeco@Home here in burlington, between code red, nimda and all the other little script kiddies out there port scanning my receive light on the cable router is on constant almost, i am picking up at LEAST 100 packets per second ALL THE TIME! It's pathetic.

------------------
www.fieroworld.com The place to go for Fiero INFO!
Home of my 87 GT and 85 GT
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and
Technical Trainer for Nortel Networks Business Products.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
I do have to admit, it was kinda cool to actually be able to blame all the problems on the virus, and NOT BE LYING
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry are you accusing me of something?
Return of Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Return of FieroClick Here to Email Return of FieroSend a Private Message to Return of FieroDirect Link to This Post
ahhh i was trying to get into her site today!!!! got in, but then everything i clicked said try later or some thing like that. was just trying to see if that post was a hey lisa, ur page is down. guess now, eh?

Myke

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2001 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaClick Here to Email FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Yah the whole thing about my website is that geocities doesn't like how much traffic its getting considering its a free site. SO they do this data transfer bull$hit to try to get me to do their geocities plus or whatever that costs $$ every month. But instead Justin (grinthock) has been nice and put it on his server so it will be up all the time. So for now the site is www.fieroworld.com/fierolisa everything except the guestbook is up there. I will have my own domain name in time...
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageClick Here to Email artherdSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cartsys.com/default.ida?blahblahblahblah

Go ahead, try it, it's a hoot!

PS: Lisa spreading a virus? Should I be concerned? What if she honks in the car?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top Metalic Red
88 Formula, Silver
87 Coupe, Metalic Red
"Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
-Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaClick Here to Email FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Ben- I'm giving you a no honk guarantee!!!
Return of Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2001 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Return of FieroClick Here to Email Return of FieroSend a Private Message to Return of FieroDirect Link to This Post
wait a minute, whos honking who? why dont i get honked? i havent gotten honked since my son was born. why am i never on the reciving end of a honk? or even the giving side. im honkless

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock