Castrated Sig Test by grinthock
Started on: 10-20-2001 08:09 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: grinthock on 10-23-2001 09:30 AM
grinthock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Test

------------------
http://www.fieroworld.comThe place to go for Fiero INFO!
Fieroworld! Home of my 87 GT and 85 GT
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and
Technical Trainer for Nortel Networks Business Products.
This Sig Has been Castrated by Cliff Pennock

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
and again

------------------
www.fieroworld.com The place to go for Fiero INFO!
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

grinthock

2009 posts
Member since Apr 2001
AGAIN

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and
This Sig Has been Castrated by Cliff Pennock :BS:

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

grinthock

2009 posts
Member since Apr 2001
And AGain.

------------------
Home of my 87 GT and 85 GT
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and
This Sig Has been Castrated by Cliff Pennock ;)

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
You can't castrate a eunach.

Heheh... just kidding! Couldn't resist.

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Geez thats a lot of castration- what are you, a cryptorchid??
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grinthock:

Adding a smiley doesn't make it less insulting. I've asked you and everybody else kindly several times (it's even permenantly up as an announcement) to use the sig for what it is meant for. And if you want to use it to link to your website, to use a text link. Now I expect that people honor my request, if only because I'm offering this service for free and in I ask nothing in return but a few simple rules.

I also don't like the fact you have send me a message stating that you have removed your banner from your sig, but in return you have removed my link from your site. That's showing some hefty immaturity in my opinion. I never asked for a link on your site (I didn't even know I had one).

Yes, I'm pissed. I'm spending a good 3-4 hours a day (mostly at night, it's freakin' 3:45am now) trying to keep this forum nice, clean and informative and people start bothering my with trivial stuff like their signatures.

By the time your site is generating 300 Gigabytes of data traffic each month, perhaps
you'll understand why I want a nice set of rules for the usage of signatures.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, This isn't the place for this discussion, take it off list, as I am about to.

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
You know, Cliff gives us this forum to use for FREE! If you dont like his rules...just leave. The rest of us dont need YOU to mess it up!
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:
You know, Cliff gives us this forum to use for [b]FREE! If you dont like his rules...just leave. The rest of us dont need YOU to mess it up! [/B]

Thanks for the insite buddy!

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2001 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
And for Christ sake, get your feet off the couch and use a f*cking coaster. Some people's kids, I swear.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Hey, anything I can do to help. You don't need to be an ass though! Geesh!
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
The thing is, this is a discussion that was PM, why it's now here is beyond me, I have moved it off list.

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Posted By Grinthock...
"The thing is, this is a discussion that was PM, why it's now here is beyond me, I have moved it off list."

And yet you put "This Sig Has been Castrated by Cliff Pennock " in your sig... What a hypocrite. You think the smiley makes it funny or something.... Not.

"The place to go for Fiero INFO!" there's a joke.... When you've got 100+ pages of fiero info that have taken a couple thousand hours to write maaayyyybe I'll believe that.

Cliff has given away thousands of dollars to give the gift of this forum to people with Fiero. If you and others can't handle the few rules he asks of you then too freaking bad.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2001 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
So, let me get this straight. Cliff has a no banner add site, but you have a banner sig. Cliff asks you to pull the banner and you respond by adding that clever line of text to your sig. Then make several posts to try your new signature out and have the balls to say "The thing is, this is a discussion that was PM, why it's now here is beyond me..."
I'm sorry, but I don't get it.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Groove Champion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Groove ChampionSend a Private Message to Groove ChampionDirect Link to This Post
Is this not the same kid who whined to cliff when the big bad mustang boogie man invaded his thread?

His Fieroworld seems more like Fieroripoff...lots of stuff from other peoples sites..I'm sure he asked to use it all too.

Grow up.
87GT 3.4DOHC in progress
GC

[This message has been edited by Groove Champion (edited 10-21-2001).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
From my point of view the "castrated" comment in your sig is what brought this in the open. Now we all can comment on it. With all the work Cliff puts into this Forum, A sig like that is not only tastless it is also very insulting.

BTW ~ I visited your site. Aside from some pics, a few links, and Info on "your" cars, I couldn't find any other info. So what info do you have?

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Bacon Sucker!!! This is a FREE place provided by Cliff on his free time! Yea it sucks that we cant use sigs... but DEAL WITH IT... I understand the reasons so i am gonna work on my sig!!
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
you guys really can't take a joke can you? Geez

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

The thing is, this is a discussion that was PM, why it's now here is beyond me, I have moved it off list.

Look at your own sig buddy, that's why I took it here. Just be glad I'm not posting the stuff here you are sending me in private. You'd be the PFF outcast in a day. Not because I'm "Mr. God", but because it shows an incredible lack of respect.

PFF
System Bot
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I agree with Cliff, Myself along with a lot of others are on dialup.. we come here to read the forums.. not to spend 10 minutes loading the same guys sig over and over.. "IF" I wanted to look at your car so much, I would ask for a photo of it..

Also I appriciate all of Cliffs hard work admin'ing a forum..

I recently stepped down from being an admin on a very popular forum recently due to having no free time so I can definely respect Cliff for keeping this open for us.

Anyone want to play with a forum, head to UBB and play with their test forums THERE FOR THAT REASON.

We also should be thanking Cliff for the space he provides for the PIP photos, that sure comes in handy!

Thanks Cliff!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Groove Champion:
His Fieroworld seems more like Fieroripoff...lots of stuff from other peoples sites..I'm sure he asked to use it all too.

GC

EXACTLY...... I know he didn't have permission to use my IMSA car in his banner. I asked him to remove it before, now it's gone for good.

Hey Grunt, go originate some stuff of your own for the site.

Archie

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
fhuck you Archie, I have never had an arguement with you ever, First of all, my banner was created by AUSFIERO as a favor to me. Second, you never asked me to remove that picture of "your" car, you mentioned it was yours.

As for my sig it's been changed to make all of you happy now. So take a fhucking chill pill.

My argument was and remains

1) People have WAY bigger sigs than mine

2) People here have FULL MOTION VID sigs and animated sigs

3) The only reason my sig is not allowed is because it's standard banner size, and that's stupid.

If I have to remove mine I could put here a list of people who need to change theres, as for this thread it's now a waste of time. I have stated my position and removed my sig pic and the line that you all saw as SOOOO offensive, it was a joke. Oh well.

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

My argument was and remains

1) People have WAY bigger sigs than mine

2) People here have FULL MOTION VID sigs and animated sigs

3) The only reason my sig is not allowed is because it's standard banner size, and that's stupid.

You just don't get it, do you? I'd rather have a 50K signature of somebody showing off his ride than a 10K signature of somebody using it as his own private spam space. I've told you and many others a lot of times before. Use the sig for what it is meant! If you can't grasp that simple notion, then so be it. Be a j*rk about it.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
So we can have 50K sig pictures? Before you said we were limited to 30K
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
grinthock--Let it go, OK? It doesn't matter whether you agree with Cliff or not. The bottom line is that this is his forum. I know that he said that it's ours, but... It sounds like you're just picking a fight now. Why? So you can feel better. Just leave this alone, don't use your banner in your sig and let this fade away, please.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
grinthock--Let it go, OK? It doesn't matter whether you agree with Cliff or not. The bottom line is that this is his forum. I know that he said that it's ours, but... It sounds like you're just picking a fight now. Why? So you can feel better. Just leave this alone, don't use your banner in your sig and let this fade away, please.

good idea MM!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

[B][/B]

fhignore

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

That's your problem right there. You seem to have a problem reading. I said "I'd rather have a 50K signature of somebody showing off his ride than a 10K signature of somebody using it as his own private spam space". Now where exactly do you read I'm upping the limit to 50K for signatures?

Look grinthock, if you can't live with these simple requests, and you feel it's unfair, then by all means go find another place where they do allow spam in your signature.

Groove Champion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Groove ChampionSend a Private Message to Groove ChampionDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps he can go post on his "Fiero Web forum" I'm sure it will get lots of use now.

Did you ask Jonathon if you could use his "Fiero inside" Graphic?

Sorry I just hate webpage ripoff artists. Too many people take credit for others work in this world.

GC

PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2001 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I hereby authorize grinthock the use of the dancing hamster motif for his website.

------------------
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
My Fiero website-> http://www.dancinghamsters.com/

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps he can go post on his "Fiero Web forum" I'm sure it will get lots of use now.

Sorry I just hate webpage ripoff artists. Too many people take credit for others work in this world.

GC

I especially like the statement in the "web Gallery" of "Pictures used with permission"
Seems he has at least 2 I know he didn't ask permission to use.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Some people have animated gifs, including one made of a fiero passing on the highway.... Yup...

Animation in and of itself isn't the problem here. File size of both animated and static images is a major problem. SIGs have to be kept small or the whole system slows. Even when viewed on T3 and OC96 pipes. Add a bunch of fat sigs to even fatter images some people are putting in the body and it can take several minutes to load a page, especially when images are pulled from third party sites like Photopoint etc.

The one of the passing car was actively discussed and reworked and used in acordance with that discussion. It's not full motion. It's actually an animated GIF as I recall. It's usually used only once per thread from what I've seen. It's also not a comercial link.

Recently I've use the animated flags that clif provided, but, same thing, I try to only use it once per thread and I'm not linking to comercial sites.

Your animation crossed a line with allot of people, you guessed it, because it's an obvious commercial banner. You however ARE NOT the only person who has been asked to rework links and images in sigs for one or more reasons. There have been multiple announcements and discussions about SIGs that have mainly gone ignored by many people. This is anything but a new issue.

You say you were joking about the castrated line.... It went over like jokes about Anthrax. Such jokes have resulted in Immediate termination of employment for some people. If you remark was a joke, it was in extremely poor taste. (For those that heaven't read it... www.anthrax.com Those guys never dreamed their band would share it's name with the major bull crap currently in the fan.)

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

I think you should try pullin your head out of your ass. It will probably help the cause here!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, so he did something you guys didn't appreciate, so now we have the typical PFF gang up here, where you all come off as pompous arrogant assholes. Because he did something someone didn't agree with, you guys have to start taking cheap shots and make fun of his website and crap? Jesus Christ
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Yeah, so he did something you guys didn't appreciate, so now we have the typical PFF gang up here, where you all come off as pompous arrogant assholes. Because he did something someone didn't agree with, you guys have to start taking cheap shots and make fun of his website and crap? Jesus Christ

Grinthock was WRONG. His is a small, nicely done signature. But it is ALSO a banner-link to his site. That is SPAM. Cliff asked him to remove it. He didn't immediately, and now here's all this "PFF gang war."
He is trying to rationalize it by saying it's small. Cliff doesn't like it 'cos its an AD. I fail to see the argument, here...

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Nonono.. I'm not trying to justify what Grint did. I don't even know what he did. All I know is that whenever someone gets bashed by one person on this forum, EVERYONE jumps in. ANd I do mean everyone. So, let me clarify. I don't know or care what Grinthock did, I just think that some of these people aren't any better by trying to take low blows at him.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Well, yes... We are a community (virtually )... An interesting thing to note is that not everyone will jump in UNLESS it's Cliff being involved... People here support their leader

CLIFF FOR PREZ!

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

I hate to inform you dude I have had that graphic for over 5 years and it is NOT his creation. If he created one LIKE it fine, but the one I have came from god knows where.

So are we all going to pick on BANDITBALZ For selling a CD full of pics used without permission, geez guys. As for my web forum I do'nt care if anyone uses it, as I said it was just a test so I could learn some stuff. don't use it.

As for my sig it was fixed over 24 hrs ago. So why are we still going on about this crap. Get back to the forum business everyone as I did a long time ago.

Or we can continue to pick at each and every little thing I have said and done in the last 2 years.

For some reason whenever someone is down around here people kick that person as hard as possible from EVERY angle it's like the person gets put under a spotlight.

I do'nt see Cliff paying PONTIAC to use the name FIERO on his web site, so stop being pathetic and talking about how I use pics on my site of your car, you want it removed, I will remove it. Send me an email. This is getting out of hand, next thing you know the topic about how I apparantly COPIED my intake design from someone will crop back up again.

------------------
Justin C.
Engineer, Designer and

[This message has been edited by grinthock (edited 10-21-2001).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock