Replies: 16
Last post by: JSocha on 10-18-2001 06:04 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
True story, from today's newspaper (in Holland):

"A dutch ICT company thought it was a good idea to send - as a marketing incentive - small blocks of incense. Of course, these blocks were reduced to powder by the time they arrived. The result was wide-spread panic amongst the receiving companies, most of them closed for the day and a lot of people were treated with anti-biotics as a precautions.

The ICT company has offered their apology to the companies involved through their web-site."

I guess the marketing genius at that company is now out looking for a job.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

I guess the marketing genius at that company is now out looking for a job.
I doubt that. From my experience, it's the incompetent ones who get promoted. Someone who is good must not be promoted, because that would quickly reveal the incompetence of those in power. Incompetence breeds incompetence.

falconhulk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Damn I thought this was going to be a contest to see who was the dumbest!!
EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2001 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post
People are promoted to their highest level of incompetence. Good ole American corporation and their protocol.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
EGAD! And it's spreading to holland too!!!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
doh, I thought this was gonna be a survey...

and yes, based on what I've seen where I work... the dumb ones are the ones who get promoted to management.. why do we have so many managers?? all they do is have meetings about stuff.. then the next week they have another meeting to discuss the first one.. then they have another meeting a week after that and decide to undo all the decisions they made and go back to the way it was before.. but then they have to form a "task force" to find out if there was something better they could have done.. and then they type up all their findings, and put them in binders, and send useless emails to everyone on site.. but I think the biggest thing is WHY DO I HAVE 2 BOSSES?? AND WHY DO THEY GIVE ME CONFLICTING ASSIGNMENTS???

*takes a deep breath* whooo.. ok, done now.
anyway, the incense thing was pretty good. hehe..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

FieroJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJoeSend a Private Message to FieroJoeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
doh, I thought this was gonna be a survey...

and yes, based on what I've seen where I work... the dumb ones are the ones who get promoted to management.. why do we have so many managers?? all they do is have meetings about stuff.. then the next week they have another meeting to discuss the first one.. then they have another meeting a week after that and decide to undo all the decisions they made and go back to the way it was before.. but then they have to form a "task force" to find out if there was something better they could have done.. and then they type up all their findings, and put them in binders, and send useless emails to everyone on site.. but I think the biggest thing is WHY DO I HAVE 2 BOSSES?? AND WHY DO THEY GIVE ME CONFLICTING ASSIGNMENTS???

*takes a deep breath* whooo.. ok, done now.
anyway, the incense thing was pretty good. hehe..

Hehehe, have you ever seen the movie office space?

"Umm yeah, if I could have you come in on, Saturday, yeah, that'd be grrrrreat"

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2001 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
"PC-Load Letter?!? What the F**K is that supposed to mean!??"

"Everything was great until some ass-clown decided to make some bad music"
"Why don't you change your name?"
"Why should I? He's the one that sucks!"

"I'm not working there any more..."
"Why, did you quit?"
"No... I'm... I'm just not going to go anymore..."

I work in a call-center as a cube-rat. No-one in the theater laughed as loud and long as I

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
mach10, What is a 'call center'? Are you saying your the guy that keeps calling me trying to sell me something I don't want, and in the process, knocks me off the www, namely, PFF?
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
A call center is for incoming calls. The phone system supposedly divvies-up the calls fairly among everybody. It also reports to the incompetent managers which employees take too long to resolve their calls.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
It also reports to the incompetent managers which employees take too long to resolve their calls.

"Shut up and Reboot!" -Dogbert

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

A call center is for incoming calls. The phone system supposedly divvies-up the calls fairly among everybody. It also reports to the incompetent managers which employees take too long to resolve their calls.

Ohhhhh.. so we call you and knock you off Pennock's.

What's the number?

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EdsB52:
People are promoted to their highest level of incompetence. Good ole American corporation and their protocol.

The Peter Principal i love it

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2001 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I have my copy of office space here on my desk, I loaned it to my boss a week ago and I haven't put it away yet.. he didn't like it. said it reminded him too much of work.. lol......

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Yep, best way to get rid of a incompetent employee is to promote them. Let them be someone else's problem.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the education system- you can't fire a tenured teacher easily, so just make a figure-head position for them at the central office and give them a base salary of $50,000 or more!
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Is this the Honda or Toyota forum?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock