Started on: 10-13-2001 09:17 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: My7Fieros on 10-15-2001 07:21 PM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to about 75 pictures I took yesterday at the Sydney Motor Show. Some cars you will know. Others you wont.
http://www.jadeweb.com.au/sydneyshow2001

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 10-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 10-13-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LT1 Chop Top

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
I want that new Goldwing!!!! 1800cc 6 cyl, w/ cruise!!!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting link to photos, I'd give best of show to the Audi Race Car.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
On page 4,is that tile on the floor or is the floor transparent showing those parts?
Also,all those interiors show the steering wheels are on the wrong side.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
That was a transparent floor on the Holden stand hugh with parts mounted underneath.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I can picture these seats in my car. What company made them? For what car? These are cool.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thats the front seats out of a Mazda RX8 Dave. Pretty retro looking ain't it.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I love the old M-B Gullwings. I know the guy that owns Ella Fitzgerald's red one. Because her eyesight was failing, she hadn't driven the car for 12 years before her death. He bought it through her estate for $55,000. All he did was clean it up when he got it and it looks like it had been kept in a "baggie" for all those years. God knows what the thing's worth now. She also had a 1957 snow white 300SC in the same mint condition!

Gorgeous piece of machinery, that Gullwing. Why was it at a "new car" show, though?

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think Merc Benz just had the gullwing there to fill up space Doni. They had a lot of floorspace. Then again. Come to think of it they take it there every year. Maybe they should go retro on us and make a 2002 version based on that shape with some modern touches. I am sure it would sell.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
The car shows here in Florida are never that cool. And get out of here with Ford's bad self!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2001 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Jim--Any chance those seats are actually available? Or are they just auto show only? I'll try calling one of the local Mazda dealerships today.

Doni--As much as a half million bucks if they're perfect and completely original. Kruse sold one at their ACD auction a few years ago (with some history--can't remember which celebrity owned it) for something like $496,000USD. I love alternate doors, but not that much.

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2001 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think they was auto show only MM. But then again being a left hand drive configuration they may have come to fruition in the USA.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2001 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
I think Merc Benz just had the gullwing there to fill up space Doni. They had a lot of floorspace. Then again. Come to think of it they take it there every year. Maybe they should go retro on us and make a 2002 version based on that shape with some modern touches. I am sure it would sell.

You bet they would. BMW did something along those "retro" lines with the redesign of their 502 convertible coupe from the 50's (The James Bond Car.) The waiting list was a year behind production and the car completely sold out at 150-175K, I think.

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2001 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:
Thanks for posting link to photos, I'd give best of show to the Audi Race Car.

I second that!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock