Rant for the day by btoth
Started on: 10-11-2001 03:55 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: My7Fieros on 10-15-2001 08:00 PM
btoth

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post
OK, so some of you read about my ABM Treaty debate that I have to do in my politcal science class. Well, the 5-page report is due Wednesday and it's a group project. Four people devide up into pairs and each pair takes a side on the issue... my partner and I have the con side. No big deal, except that my partner sucks.

We've had since Sept. 7th to do this. Now, I admit, I procrastinate with everything... but not like this girl... no, she's got to be the worst. For the first three weeks I've been asking her when she plans on getting together to get this paper done... "don't worry it'll get done". Ok. That's great and all, but IT'S A GROUP PROJECT!!! So last weekend I got tons and tons of resourses, magazines, foreign affairs journals, newpaper articles, congress debates, everything I could find. I got all the good points and good quotes copied down so that I could just start putting the together (which I did)... now the paper is basically done... I can't let my GPA drop because some stupid freshman know-it all won't get her act together. Anyway, I was feeling good knowing that no matter what happens, at least I got the paper done... so I call her up today just so that I tell her that I did it all already and thanks for the help. (Yes, I'm a sarcastic bastard. ) So she answers the phone.. half asleep, it was almost 1:00pm!!! She said she'd call me back after she wakes up. She called me just now, and guess what - she's just full of excuses... at first I asked when she planned on getting this done, it's due wednesday. "Oh don't worry, I know what I'm doing, it will get done, I took a debate class last year, I'm good at this stuff, I'll dedicate a whole day to it and get it done...." this went on for a while. I couldn't even get a word in. When she finally shut up, I just said... it's basically all done, I just have to put the finishing touches on the paper, I have more than enough information, there's nothing for you to do, I just want to get together so that we're on the same page as far as what we're going to discuss in class. She said, "don't worry, it'll get done... I'll know what you know and more... let's get to gether Tuesday..." WTF? It's due Wednesday d@mnit! Obviously I have no confidence in this idiot whatsoever. I do have a life, I like to get things done with, this is midterm month, I don't want to stress myself out over some moron that doesn't give a crap. I swear, I'm finishing this paper and turning it in before it's due and I'm getting the credit for it!!! I would've just told her that - I couldn't care less about what she thinks of me - but she's one of those fast talkers that just won't shut the #%(@@!! up!

Ah. I feel better now.... thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Good luck anyway

------------------
Josh

:D
My pics

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by btoth:
"Oh don't worry, I know what I'm doing, it will get done, I took a debate class last year, I'm good at this stuff, I'll dedicate a whole day to it and get it done...." this went on for a while. I couldn't even get a word in.
I would've just told her that - I couldn't care less about what she thinks of me - but she's one of those fast talkers that just won't shut the #%(@@!! up!

Maybe that's her debate technique. Just keep yakkin' until the other side gives in.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
btoth, at least you have one thing going for you...you're on the CON side.

Good luck.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
well dont give her a thing. You do your part, and obviously much more, and she'll look like a total idiot. The teacher will be able to figure out who worked and who didnt.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Is she at least cute?

Sounds just like me... Although I ALWAYS get it done, or die trying.

thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post
Smoke her ass on a group evaluation. If you don't have that luxury, be sure to let the professor know who did the work.

Don't get mad - get even.

deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
You want a rant ?

Yesterday I was vacuuming out my car, and the hose caught my seat and ripped it wide open.

Man, was I pissed.

Anyone got a grey passenger seat cover ?

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha. Yeah, I would be pissed too.

Talked to her today... explained that we only need to do one paper.. not two. I figured she must have been confused. Sure enough, all this time she thought we both had to write our own papers. (Even though this is clearly stated in the instructions for the assignment.) At least now she understands and now feels bad that she hasn't helped me out.

Oh well... seems things worked out. A bit.

The deadline for our report has also been extended a week.

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
hehehe glad to hear all has worked out

------------------
::WTF:: AIM: Fierobaby87
http://angelfire.com/sports/sfiero
::WTF::

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
ya, shes soooooo sorry now, but shell gladly share a good grade, taking credit for all YOUR work. Unless shes a real babe and you get 'fringe' benefits, id still smoke her to the teacher.
PFF
System Bot
72vinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 72vinmanSend a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
If she's hot hot try and work your mojo dude. If she's butt ugly fry her ass with the teacher.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
It's comforting to hear that I'm not the only guy who asks that question in a situation like this.. (Is she cute?) LOL..

one time a friend was complaining about the new department manager at the store where he works.. I asked if she was cute, and he stopped in mid sentance and said yes.. and damn, she is. (and who says there's nothing good at Canadian Tire??? )

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
If she's good looking, so what?!
Fry her ass anyway.
Pisses me off in a big way for people to get by on their looks alone.
She'll be a better person (maybe) for it.

(Hard-assed? Mebbe so. I'm still wound up about the Osama thread.)

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2001 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Mellow, man! Mel-low

All we're saying is take advantage of her, you know, return the favor

[/nasty chauvenistic comments]

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2001 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
If she's good looking, so what?!
Fry her ass anyway.
Pisses me off in a big way for people to get by on their looks alone.
She'll be a better person (maybe) for it.

(Hard-assed? Mebbe so. I'm still wound up about the Osama thread.)

lol...breathe in through the nose...out through the mouth....in through the nose...out through the mouth.....think of peaceful settings......ahhhhh

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 10-15-2001).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock