T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Paint Jobs by PenelopeB
Started on: 10-10-2001 03:47 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: 84Bill on 10-12-2001 03:44 PM
PenelopeB
No longer registered
Report this Post10-10-2001 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PenelopeBSend a Private Message to PenelopeBDirect Link to This Post
I have always loved the creative and interesting ways that people express themselves in the paint jobs on their cars. Does anyone really know if this is a good field to look into? How is the money and where would I get started? Any advice would help, thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2001 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Welp from what I understand custom things like paint and car stereos start off as people with and interest and a talant to do a job well. If you take into consideration that if you do a job well enough people will like it and buy it for themselves and if it is unique enough people will pay a premium for it. So guess there is no straight answer to your question. If you like to do custom work and really are a stickler for perfection you will make a name for yourself and people will buy from you and talanted individuals will be willing to work for and with you.

Here is my car,( not finished yet) did it with a rattle can in a few hours.
The green car was done my Killer Kreations and is an excelent example of creativity and application

Link to my web page for more pics on the green car

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2001 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
Hey, just a quick question what do you use to seal in the rattle can paint? some kind of a clear coat? I would liek to know by the way both cars look really nice!

------------------
AIM: Fierobaby87
http://angelfire.com/sports/sfiero

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
For my car (top) I used krylon high gloss paint. after it cures enough I'll do a little light sanding then compound it out to bring up the shine. I could use a clear coat on it but the the paint is plenty glossy.
PenelopeB
No longer registered
Report this Post10-10-2001 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PenelopeBSend a Private Message to PenelopeBDirect Link to This Post
So those kinds of jobs are more "hobby gone career" What an awesome line of work. I love the cars. Your white one is great! The green car is beautiful too, is that yours? Are custom paint jobs detailed with an airbrush?

------------------
Penelope
-Lost and found and turned around by the fire in your eyes- Ozzy

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2001 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
PenelopeB, being a new member, you might have missed this tip posted by Rogergarrison. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/002835.html
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2001 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
What you can do with paint is limited by only your imagination. Ive painted cars with everything from fish scales (looks like cameleon paint) to paint dabbed on with aluminum foil and cleared). If you are interested, dont waste any money on auto painting tech schools. They dont give you anything thats used in real world except basics. Youll save a ton and get right in it if you find a custom shop where you can hire on as a helper and apprentice. First youll be taping and sanding, but then youll be spraying primers and eventually up to paint. Its not that hard and if you get really creative, you can command very large paychecks. Just pinstriping with paint can get you several hundred dollars an hour when people start seeing your work. I know one guy in eastern ohio that only does ground up restoration paint jobs and he gets an average of $25,000 per car for million dollar restorations like on old Duesenburgs, Auburns, ect.

Being in Calif is a def plus. there are tons of customs shops there.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-11-2001).]

SLYGUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2001 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLYGUYSend a Private Message to SLYGUYDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping to catch more photos of that green one. The link wouldn't work.

Oh well. Both cars look great.

Sly

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2001 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLYGUY:
I was hoping to catch more photos of that green one. The link wouldn't work.

Oh well. Both cars look great.

Sly

For some reason Netscape wont load my pages

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock