Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Yahoo news: GM cancels Camaro and Firebird (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Yahoo news: GM cancels Camaro and Firebird by dennis_6
Started on: 09-26-2001 11:48 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: IwannaIRM on 09-30-2001 07:04 AM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2001 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:
The other rumors that everyone talks about, "front-wheel drive platform , Holden platform, retro platform" Are all hype.

The word from GM reps that frequently visit boards like ls1.com, slponline.com, firehawk.org and the likes have made it clear that if, and that's a big if, the f-bodie returns it will be based on a platform that can be shared by another vehicle to save money.

Yep I can agree with some of what you have to say IRM. But you just contridicted yourself. Yes it will be platform sharing. Holden was not going to re-release the Monaro until the show car did the rounds of the USA circuit then magically our Monaro is back after GM Australia said it wouldn't be. We do not have a big enough market for it here in Australia. I wonder where else it is going to get used then??? Well besides Saudi Arabia anyway.

You have been calling other people misinformed. Where are you getting your information besides from boards where people claim to be in the know, and claim to be GM people. Where in GM though? Development? Or just workers? The motoring press in this country seem to talk about the Commodore F-Body replacement with no qualms about it. It will happen.

Here is some pictures of the car. Of course it will be a different look for the USA market.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2001 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
That's *still* a beautiful car.
You guys get all the neat toys, Aus.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2001 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
Yep I can agree with some of what you have to say IRM. But you just contridicted yourself. Yes it will be platform sharing.

By stating that there would be a shared platform I didn't contridict myself. I just stated that it wouldn't be the Holden platform.

Every car manufacturer wants a platform that they can share numerous body styles with to save money. Like Neon and the PT Cruiser, the Montana and the Aztek, (ok, bad example) etc.

You have been calling other people misinformed. Where are you getting your information besides from boards where people claim to be in the know, and claim to be GM people. Where in GM though? Development? Or just workers?

Ok, misinformed may have been too strong of word. Granted, I don't even know the whole story. I don't claim to be an expert but being an f-body owner for over 10 years and reading almost every posting or press release I can find in regards to the f-bodies demise I would like to think that I have most of my information correct. All be it, I have been known to be wrong on an occassion or two.

As far as who these people are from GM on other boards I couldn't say who they are or what they do since I have never met these people. So I understand your point, in that, there may not be validity in what they have typed.

I guess my passion for the f-body took over when I typed my previous post. The car will definately be missed by many. Even those that are happy to see it go will eventually miss the only rear-wheel drive muscle car that Pontiac produced for 35 years.

Unlike most f-body owners, I never dreamt of owning a Trans Am or Camaro while in highschool, matter of fact ever since my Mom bought her Fiero in 1984 that's all I really wanted. But, once I bought my first Trans Am I was hooked. And then they go and re-introduce the convertible and then I became addicted.

So, even though the last f-body to roll off the assembly line is slated for mid 2002, I will always have one in my garage keeping my Fieros company.

------------------
AIM - SWags2933

84 Fiero SE (being modified)
88 Formula

[This message has been edited by IwannaIRM (edited 09-30-2001).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors