What's up with this? *venting ahead* by Springtyme
Started on: 09-24-2001 09:44 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: FieroKyle on 09-25-2001 11:16 PM
Springtyme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post
Okay, let me state right now that I don't mean to piss anyone off by this post, I just gotta get it off my chest.

I saw a sticker on the back of a Fiero (rather nice loookin one too, gave me good idea's of what to do to mine ) that said "No fat chicks, car will scrape" and it just pissed me off. I'm not the skinniest person in the world, but even if I was I would still take offense to that! It's so degrading! I've been made fun of for my weight before, but it doesn't really bother me. On the other hand, I also get honked at and yelled at when I walk down the street. I know it depends on the person's opinion, but that sticker is just wrong. ARGH I just don't know what to make of it

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Just a result of brain damage on the part of the other car's owner.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
In the United states everyone is allowed "freedom of speech" It's just some folks tend to use it to also show what an idiot they really are. There are many stickers/decals that are offensive to another race, religion, sex, car manufacturer, job, appearence, and just about anything else you can think of. Usually I just ignore them. You can put it off as a "consider the source" type of sign.
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Ah they are just pretending to have a choice in which girl they get- in reality the only one they get is whoever is dumb enough to give them a chance.
BTW was it a maroon GT?
Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post
I saw the same Fiero with the offensive sticker also. Was it at the POCI show on Sunday? It's just what the young kids think is cool now. Don't let it get you mad. I didn't get to meet you at the show , but hope to meet more people at more shows. Don't let this persons stupid sticker get you mad. By the way I had the White 88 Formula T-Top.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I'm not against the person's right to use his/her freedom of speech, but accept that he/she might use it to be mean and thoughtless. If, indeed, a "fat chick" really needed a ride, but WOULD cause a Fiero to scrape, I think many of us would be as careful as possible, but give the "fat chick" a ride anyway.

I suppose you could make a bumper sticker that said, "No fat DUDES, car will scrape", but that wouldn't really solve the problem.

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
First define 'fat'. How fat do you have to be to make the car scrape?

I might offend some people with this but did you know that North America has the most fat people in the world?

Can you say BIG MAC?

Now, before you start flamin' me to a crisp, I DO realize some are genetic disorders.

Only SOME.

Regardless of the above, I don't like bumper stickers and think this one may have been inappropriate.

Changing the subject slightly, recently I've seen a biker in front of me with a T-shirt that said: 'If you can read this, the bi*ch fell off'. Again, someone will say it's probably offensive to women, but definitely funny.

------------------

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Gosh! Now you guys are making me think twice about getting 'FLABIO' as a personalized plate. Back to the drawing board.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
That's a pretty rotten sticker. It's from the "lowrider" crowd. I've seen them on a bunch of trucks/cars around here(lots of lowriders) Problem is, that the lowrider owners are so arrogant about their rides they mean it.

Uh...not saying the Fiero owner is arrogant...don't know em.

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 09-24-2001).]

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Well, some are funny, others are just mean. My friend has a nasty pickup, on which he's got an assortment:

"Yes it's my truck, No, I'm not helping you move"
"Free your mind, your ass will follow"
"I just drive this way to piss you off"
"Unless you are a hemmhroid, get off my ass"

He recently acquired one that said "Fat people are harder to kidnap" However, he put that one on for a few days, then took it off, because it was a bit too mean.

Thing is, though, there's definitely a "Consider the source" element here. Most of them aren't designed to really offend people, they are just funny to select people...

Springtyme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spiff:
I saw the same Fiero with the offensive sticker also. Was it at the POCI show on Sunday? It's just what the young kids think is cool now. Don't let it get you mad. I didn't get to meet you at the show , but hope to meet more people at more shows. Don't let this persons stupid sticker get you mad. By the way I had the White 88 Formula T-Top.

Actually, Spiff, I did meet you. You asked me if Snafus met up with us and I told you that I offered and he said he had to go out of town. Yes, it was that car at the show on sunday. Don't get me wrong, I like the car, but that was just.... *sigh* I dunno.

Originally posted by FieroLisa:
BTW was it a maroon GT?

Yes it was, with a rather large wing on it, the wire casings on the engine painted blue along with many other things in the car, and the back PONTIAC light lit up green (or blue, I couldn't really tell. It looked like he used cellophane and just wrapped it around the lights to change the color.)

(Edited to add reply from Lisa)

[This message has been edited by Springtyme (edited 09-24-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
..."Yes it's my truck, No, I'm not helping you move"...

If you've *ever* had a truck, you should understand this, completely.

I actually sold a truck, once, because I got tired of people bugging me to help them move.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

Simple Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Simple FieroSend a Private Message to Simple FieroDirect Link to This Post
Big girls need love to is what a friend of mine always says (his girlfriend/wife is a healthy girl). There is nothing better than a healthy girl. But that sticker is just stupid. I think most models are nasty and gross!(nothing against skinny girls) Girls girls girls, I should be using woman. See we can't help the way we look most of the time. I think you should be just proud of who you are, and shouldn't pay attn to dums**ts like that! Hell I have been chubby my whole life, and I have never had a problem with it.
Okay I think I have run into enough walls now, I definatly feel 6 ft deeper.

Craig

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
(sigh)...looks like its time for my "tell it like it is" again.
If you get "offended" by a bumper sticker, then you're gonna have a long hard life ahead. Get over it. Some people always use the "freedom of speech" as an excuse..that is, until it says something that offends them. Double standards........
Anyway, I doubt you'll be tramatized for long.
(Sorry I dont mean to be an ass, really, but Im just not one who is always saying "there there, it'll be ok. I just tell it like it is.)

------------------
My 7 Fieros

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post09-24-2001 04:19 PM   Send a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
I never understood why anyone would want to put a bumper sticker on their car. Especially if their car is new or nice looking. They always make the car look worse, no matter how bad it looked in the first place or what the stickers say.

[This message has been edited by Leper (edited 09-24-2001).]

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Lighten Up folks,
Hell I weigh in over 250 lbs and I laugh at the folks that whatch me get into my little car. Sounds like the guy has a preference or a bad set of shocks and struts. Or maybe his worried that he'll have to buy new seat covers soon like me. I kinda like gettin' two women to ride with me at the same time. Probally the reason for the new seat belt laws. The Law must have seen me do this and thought I was havin' too much fun!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Don't let it bother you. I'm too short for my weight, too. (The right height for my weight is about 11 ft tall. ) It used to bother me terribly, but now I usually just brush off any comments (just don't brush off any crumbs--especially not apple spice donut crumbs--MMMMM). Hmm...What were we talking about? Oh, right. Weight. Who cares if you're fat or skinny, tall or short, ugly or good looking (like me ). It's the inner beauty that really counts. Just make fun of yourself. It helps. (i.e. Weight lifters go for the '6 pack abs'. I'm going for the 'kegger abs'.)

Enough rambling.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Actually the guy who owns the car (Matt) has a good sense of humor, his last girlfriend was definitely not model thin, and I think she bought him the sticker He keeps it on there as a joke and you have to really get to know Matt to understand his humor. Glad to hear you liked his car, he doesn't usually hear that his car gives other people ideas, so that is really cool.

I think you are confusing Spiff with my boyfriend, Joe (FieroGT914). We didn't really all get a good introduction but it was nice seeing you at the show.

Jennifer

------------------
IM Username: FieroChic88
Silver 1988 GT
Silver 1986 2m4
Cobalt Blue 85 GT

Springtyme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh, maybe that was him. I don't know, I can't keep people straight. *shrugs*

Let me see how I can put this. It doesn't piss me off, I don't take personal offense to it, I just think it's wrong, thats all. On the same note, I understand it could all be a personality thing and it might be a joke. Ahhh, forget i said anything, sorry people! Cliff if you see this, delete the topic please! thanks.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
watch out for the big girl, big girl big big girl
Shaun41178

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2001 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun41178Send a Private Message to Shaun41178Direct Link to This Post
Ithink a sticker like that would make me laugh. Most likelyjust a chuckle.

I agree with you Voytek on your points.

------------------
Shaun 85 GT with nitrous
0-60 in 5.6 seconds
Shaun41178@hotmail.com
**** FOREVER!

PFF
System Bot
EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2001 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post
Was that a knock on fat chicks, or on the lack of rigidity his suspension posesses? Maybe he's pointing out the flaws of his suspension. I don't want to do a search, but I hope members that responded to this thread with disdain didn't post comical replies to the thread that featured the autistic child. Weight, in virtually all circumstances, is a choice. Whereas autism is never chosen by the recipient.
Voytek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2001 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Ed - it was a retarded kid running in Special Olympics. Nobody was poking fun at kids with autism. I think you've missed the context and the message it conveyed.

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2001 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I think that's right about in the same league as Pissing Calvins (which I still think is a great name for a punk band). In other words, it was mildly funny about ten or fifteen years ago. Don't let it throw you, Springtyme. Lots of men prefer women with some junk in the trunk.
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2001 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
Lots of men prefer women with some junk in the trunk.

ITS JUST MORE OF HER TO LOVE....

EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2001 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:
Ed - it was a retarded kid running in Special Olympics. Nobody was poking fun at kids with autism. I think you've missed the context and the message it conveyed.

I wasn't offended at either remark or subject; just making note that the offendo-meter should be way further to the right with the parody about the autistic child, if either or both were to register. I don't know/care who responded to the autistic post, but didn't it read something about arguing on the internet is like winning a race in the special olympics; you're still retarded? And a remark about someone that makes way too many trips through the Wendy's drive-thru, hence makes the suspension drag is more offensive? Paleeeese.

Fierowrecker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2001 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowreckerClick Here to visit Fierowrecker's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierowreckerDirect Link to This Post
If everything offensive were outlawed (as made correct via PC), then everything would be outlawed...
Case in point, we had a woman move into the country with her child, happened to be next to a farm with horses...
One day the stalion had mounted a mare and was out in plain view of God and everybody...
She calls the cops and complains!!! "Those horses should be in the barn doing that!!!"
After the cops stopped rolling on the floor, they replied that she should move back to the city...
crash...
FieroKyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2001 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroKyleSend a Private Message to FieroKyleDirect Link to This Post
I hate bumper stickers, but I like reading them off other cars. Other than, you people get offended way to easy. Don't let a sticky piece of paper on a car you saw once get to you, I am sure the sun will come up, or is it just behind the clouds? Anyways, you get the point.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock