Started on: 09-13-2001 05:03 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: fierobaby on 09-14-2001 03:26 PM
fierobaby

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
just wanted to share the lyrics of this song with you all

if tomorrow all the things were gone
I worked for all my life
and I had to start again
with just my children and my wife
I'd thank my lucky stars
to be living here today
cause the flag still stand for freedom
and they can't take that away

and I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died
to give that life to me
and I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today
cause there ain't no doubt that I love this land
God Bless the USA
from the lakes of Minnisotta
to the hills of Tennessee
across the plains of Texas
from Sea to shining Sea
from Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA
where there pride in every American heart
its time we stand and say
that I am proud to be an American
where at least I know I am free
who gave that life to me
and I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
cause there ain't no doubt that I love this land
God Bless the USA
and I'm proud to be and American where at least I know I'm free
who gave that life to me
and I'll galdly stand up next to you
and defend her still today cause there ain't no doubt that I love
this land God Bless the USA

I hope you all have heard the song.. right now it means alot to everyone

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I have to say, I'm glad to see all the patriotism being expressed recently. However, sadly, my opinion is that when it comes to that, most people in this country are hypocrites. Like people who only go to church on Easter. When it's the popular thing to do, everyone jumps on the bandwagon. In a few weeks, many will go back to their old habits and ways. Sitting and talking during the National Anthem at sporting events, not taking a moment to stop and thank a law enforcement officer or fire fighter. Seeing only the bad in our country. I'm cynical maybe. But I've been witness to this kind of behavior too many times. It'll be interesting to see how soon this sudden outbreak of national pride lasts. I consider myself very patriotic. Just about every man in my family served proudly in the Military, including uncles and cousins. I always want to stomp the **** out of the inconsiderate morons who can't shut their pieholes for two minutes during the national anthem. (Me, my dad, and another guy almost got into a fistfight with a few other guys over that a few years back at the Dayton air show)
I guess what I'm suggesting is, maybe it would be nice if this sense of pride could sustain for more than a few weeks.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I think I see it just the opposite... I think maybe Americans take their freedom for granted most of the time, when its business as usual, most people just go about their lives and stayed wrapped up in them. However, when national tragedies such as this bring their patriotism and national pride out.

I suppose that maybe some of it is hypocracy... but I really think its more likely just taken for granted.

Thanks for the lyrics! Its a great song!

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for posting that song...it has been running through my head all day today... glad I'm not the only one.

MsBeth

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Thank you.

------------------
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrranys of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
No problem guys I love that song...and alwyas have... I hope that once things are back to nomral or as normal as they can be we will all still be so patriotic... I love you all... (been saying that more lately but I really do care about each and everyone of you!)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock