Started on: 09-03-2001 01:16 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: artherd on 09-04-2001 03:06 AM
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
I ran across this ford at a service station last week. the owner and builder is from Tallasee Alabama. It represents 5 years of work. Hood was off as he was tunnig the engine on the drive.

Though it was worth sharing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
That's a beaut. There are two similar 39's here that I regularly drool over.

Almost bought a 47 Chev panel a couple of weeks ago, but the wife caught me. She said no more till I get my Fiero finished.

Gary

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nice one, Coy! If you see the owner again ask him if he knows any good sources for parts.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Songman, He runs a body shop in Tallassee about 12 miles from here. Anything specific you need. I can easily contact him. I also know where an identical car is that has a forsale sign on it. It needs a total restoration (read rusty with no glass). It's about 18 miles north of here, I have no idea what they are asking, but could check, my projects runneth over.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 09-03-2001).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Coy, I've got a 1940 Ford two-door Sedan de Luxe just like that one that I got when I was 15. It was rebuilt in the 60s by my mother's now ex-husband. He put an overhead valve Mercury V8 in place of the flathead, complete with wooden motor mounts! He had to cut the fender well on the passenger side because the alternator sticks out in front of the front wheel, and he had to cut the firewall because of the huge bellhousing that mates the Hurst Old 4-speed to the Merc block! Strange combo huh?!?

I'm like you and have way too many projects already but have always said that I will rebuild this car someday. Just having another car to pull from or a good source of parts would be helpful. If you're ever out that way and want to see what they want for the complete car. The fact that it is still sitting there probably means the price is too high.

One thing for sure that I could use is a trunk lid. Mine got backed into and mashed in...

I appreciate it..

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2001 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Songman I'll check the bodyshop in Tallasse tomorrow afternoon and get contact info for you. I want to get some interior shots to post. I stopped him leaving the station and we only spoke for a min. I bet he knows every part in 100 miles of here though. I,ll be by the the one for sale later this week.
Coy

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 09-03-2001).]

artherd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2001 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
flathead rules!!! There's a gent around here who owns a really sweet show quality '39, I love the sound of the flathead Ford V8s

Best!
Ben

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top Metalic Red
88 Formula, Silver
87 Coupe, Metalic Red
"Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
-Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C