Witnessed an accident by Urchin
Started on: 08-26-2001 03:50 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: 84Bill on 08-26-2001 11:05 PM
Urchin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post
On the way home today the driver of a car directly in front of me fell asleep at the wheel. He bounced off of a telephone pole and came to a stop in the oncoming lane. I slid around him with some nifty driving on my part , and pulled over. The driver was o.k., his car was in bad shape though. Luckily there was no passenger, the dash was sitting on the pasenger seat. The point of this story however, is the reaction of those who were witnesses, or lack there of. The reaction was none, with the exception of the usual rubbernecking. There was even one individual that was in the oncoming lane as the accident happened right in front of him. He brought his vehicle to a stop to avoid a collision, and then simply steered around the car and went on his merry way! I then tried to flag down a couple of people who were talking on their cell phones in hopes of calling for help. No takers. I did get a few fingers though. So luckily just around the bend there were a few cops in the middle their own investigation of a shooting that occured the night before (weird). They were somewhat rude but did call in another officer and instructed me to wait for the officer and sign a statement. Half an hour later! The officer finally arrives. The officer pulled his car up behind the damaged vehicle, with lights flashing. To my amazement people still were periodically honking their horns sporting disgusted faces for the inconvenience. After that the officer handled things fairly well, especially for being the only one on the scene. It really puts things into perspective though. There were a couple of people that stopped after the fact to see what had happened, but overall I was disgusted with the reaction of my "fellow man".

------------------

If you can read this, I'm parked.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2001 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
Thats horrible...the nerve!

------------------
Tyler Morgan
1986 GT Fastback,

Holley Ram-Air, Power Steering, K&N Filtercharger, Bosch Wires, Bosch Platinum Plugs, Conrad Distribuiter Cap/Rotor, New GT Seats, New Headliner, New Carpet, Ocelet Exhaust, Red Underbody Light Kit (coming soon)
Aim=FieroDriver1986

p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
There are very few people I consider "my fellow humans", the rest are bunch of idiots that I want nothing to do with. Self-absorbed, egotistical POS's.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
When I lost control of my Mazda, and ended up with all four wheels up in the air, balanced on a median, And immediately had a Chevy blazer lose a wheel (didn't tighten lug nutz) and skid to a halt right behind mine, every 2nd car would stop and ask if we were all right.
Winnipeggers Rock!

Edit:
Canadians => Winnipeggers.

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 08-26-2001).]

baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboDirect Link to This Post
what I don't get is when I hit the store front a while back, some lady told me to not to move the truck even thought I was blocking one lane of traffic(f*ck some people are morrons, yeah I'm really going to leave the truck here so the cops can look at it, blocking a lane of traffic and the sidewalk, so everyone can look at my f*ck up, I think not)oh, yeah; the police arrived at the sene of my accident at around 1:00pm and this happen at 10:45am(f*ck are people morrons).
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
now you know why everyone else kept going.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Yep, people don't want to be bothered as witnesses. Too much time out of their schedules. "Not my concern"
It always takes the police longer to get to an accident site here. There's no "glory"
in a traffic investigation, just paperwork.
Now if it had been a shooter or drug bust, they would be right there. No offense to any members who are in law enforcement, just what I've observed here.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Sigh, even samaritan laws do not a decent Human Being make :(

You're to be commended for stoping to help, if the world had more people like you, we'd all drive Fieros, and champange would fall from the heavens!!

Well, it would be a better place at the least.

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top Metalic Red
88 Formula, Silver
87 Coupe, Metalic Red
"Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
-Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

starfighter007@msn.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starfighter007@msn.comSend a Private Message to starfighter007@msn.comDirect Link to This Post
what goes around comes around good or bad. I assumed you stopped to make sure that dingalinga was ok and you did the right thing kudos to you
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
I totally understand this. I hate onlookers. Last year I was hit by some redneck idiot in some trashed K car... It was on a busy road, he hit my passenger side, I slid off into the median into a road sign. I had no passengers but the guy had his whole family in the car with him. Guy initally got out of his car, but then he drove off while my back was turned, I didnt get his license plate #. NO ONE stopped at all until the cops came about 20 mintutes later- the cops weren't even called, I was just sitting there dumbfounded and one happened to drive by. D@mn idiots. I had to pay the entire damage on the car.
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Guy behind me in a 2001(2002?) Chevy p/up yesterday at a stoplight got rear-ended by some woman in a neon. I didn't realize what had happened until I was already on the high-way looping under the overpass. I heard the wreck, figured it was something in his truck-bed rolling around. They were outside talking in the street, appeared to be ok.
Later that day I was coming back and there were no tire marks from the woman in the neon. Probably another distracted driver who shouldn't be holding a liscence or drive a car in the first place. Probably the same distracted woman who totalled my old car while my younger brother was driving last year.

When a friend and I totalled his Celica on the high-way involving a cement barrier last month, not a single driver drove past without stopping asking if we needed help. Once the police arrived (10 minutes), people stopped asking if we needed help. Was nice to know people took time to check on us.

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2001 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
One of my cars had died right in the middle of rush hour traffic and instead of leaving it there and calling for help I got out and started pushing it off onto a side street about 50 yards away. Well dont you know people were flipping me off and honking their horns as they past by me pushing my 1 1.2 ton car all by my lonsome. One guy actually stopped, rolled his window down and told me to get that POS off the highway and sped off. I was dumbfounded!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock