Started on: 08-17-2001 01:50 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Songman on 08-19-2001 09:15 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Forget about it... Some of the people who apparently look for my posts to try and disagree with anything I say are getting all ruffled over this... I just thought some of you might like this... this is getting very old....

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-17-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
This is a great deal on this CD and I would order one but for one thing. For some reason, I can't play audio discs on my computer. The cd will work fine with headphones in the CD drive but not thru speakers. I can play wav files from a cd but nothing else. The media player shows the disc to be playing, (RealPlayer also) but just silence! Any suggestions? Soundcard is older SB.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 08-18-2001).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Forget about it... Some of the people who apparently look for my posts to try and disagree with anything I say are getting all ruffled over this... I just thought some of you might like this... this is getting very old....

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Songman, W95. I checked everything again, all ok, just won't work. How much hd space do the Beatles program & files take up? I'm runnin low again.
Don
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Ken Wittlief

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Edited

[This message has been edited by Ken Wittlief (edited 08-19-2001).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Does it even have the stuff that's on the "Rarities" LP?
Do you know if they are MP3s? I would like to be able to rip selected tracks to wav format, and burn a CD of "road music".

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
The Beatles organization has been notoriousily tough on copywrite violations in the past. Maybe they've ran out, if that is possible. About my nearly silent computer: My other computer is set up just like this one, (yes the audio cable from cd drive to sound card is there on both) It's no big deal, the stereo is right above the computer. If I want to listen to an audio disc on computer, I just go in the bedroom.
Songman, how many hrs +or- is cst from Australia?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Copyrights? What are copyrights? Some of the music business gurus that are here should enlighten me! I've only been in this business all of my ********* life! And no that is not a bleep by the UBB. I put those asterisks there myself so you can choose your own word.

Don, set your time offset for -15 for CST.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
I wish I knew what's going on.

But that's sorta the story of my life.

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I know how you feel, Mr PBody.... and I started this dang thread! haha

Basically, I got something Beatles fans might like. I sold a few of them on eBay and was gonna see if any of my Fiero buddies were interested. But of course, that got lost in something else... and other than respond to the contant stream of the same remarks over and over, I just decided to pull it... It's not that big a deal to me either way. If you're a Beatles fan and want to know more you can e-mail me and I'll tell you...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
I happen to have 3 VERY nicely framed GOLD beatles albums w/ 45 singles that I would like to sell. They are "Meet the Beatles" "Magical Mystery Tour", and "Yesterday and Today (Butcher Album cover!) I bought them over 10 years ago from a collector, and have never hung them up. Anyone interested??
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Sounds pretty nice! I would love to have them to go with some of he country gold albums I have sitting here. When I get my office repainted I'm finally gonna hang them up.... Wish I could afford them. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting rid of them.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Pilrulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PilrulzSend a Private Message to PilrulzDirect Link to This Post
hold up, am i totally lost, or was someone trying to sell a beatles cd, and where can i find another one?

pil

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You gotta e-mail me now. I don't want to harm anyone's tender sensibilities.. or is it just something about me that they don't like? hmmmm... who cares...

E-mail me.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I think what you did Songman was a great idea.

Heres my rambling....

I wish people would look more into how the RIAA is screwing over the musicians.. http://boycott-riaa.com/facts.html

I "used" to buy a lot of music cds, now I dont.. and no I dont use Napster or anymore of those community sharing programs.

Remember all those Old "classics" most of you listened to growing up? Guess what????

YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE THEM AGAIN UNLESS YOU DO IT ILLEGALY!!!!

Its just not worth it to the music companys to re-release the stuff.. and they own the rights to them.

RIAA's contracts with the 5 major music companys TOOK the rights AWAY from the musicians and now they cant "release" their own music (or perform them live)

Hell.. Even Aerosmith DONT have the rights to play some of their earier music at concerts.. they even have to fight to play their current ones..

Remember that concert you wanted to go see taht cost $200? but you couldnt afford it and decided to buy the cd instead?

Well.. guess again.. RIAA screwed you over again!! reason being? most of the proceeds went to the music company - The artist would never want to charge that much $$ to his fans..he would never see that much $$.
And since you stayed home and got the cd.. you gave 87% of the cd cost to the guys that forced you to stay home because of concert costs.

And as far as napster goes? RIAA cried fowl,but their revenue was up since the release of napster....hmmmm.... And now since napster is closed? I know alot of other people stopped buying cds also.. bet RIAA will kick themselves afternext years quotes come in

ANTI-RIAA and proud of it!!!! http://boycott-riaa.com/

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 08-18-2001).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You are exactly right about where the money goes when you buy a CD now. Here I am down here busting my hump to try to make my music, and I would be much better off financially to just stay home and write my songs for other people to record.

But no matter which role you play in the music business, you have so many people and organizations standing around with their hand out that it is ridiculous! This sorta reminds me of another thread about how commercial racing has become. It has happened in any entertainment business.

And the sad thing for the music business is that the music has suffered because of it. We see copy-cat acts popping up every day. Any time someone does something original and has some success at it, the copy-cats run it in the ground till we are sick of it.

Actually, I think the use of MP3s on the internet is a wonderful thing. I put my MP3s out there for free on purpose hoping people will listen. It is a great promotion tool. As an example, a friend of mine was visiting England and when she was ready to fly home she bought a magazine for the flight. The magazine was called Country Music International. There was an article in there about MP3s on the net. Of course, there was all the Metallica/Napster stuff, but there was also some very positive stuff about it. The part that caught my friend's eye, and amazed me when she got home and showed me, was that I was given credit for being the first country artist to realize the promptional benefit of the internet and the MP3 format. Even if only from that, I was exposed to a whole new audience that would have never heard of me any other way.

Of course, I believe in people getting paid for their work. But I also believe that for every person who downloads a CD, quite a few more will go out and buy it to get the rest of the material that go with it...

And you are exactly right again about all of the great music that will be lost if not kept alive by fans, and the net and MP3 are the best way to do it...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
The RIAA can kiss my hairy white canadian MP3 playing arse.

I just ignore the bullshit being spread about MP3s and copyright infringement. MP3s are stealing? Sorry, there's no such thing as "Intellectual Property" I'll think, hear, and play anything I damn well want. I still download and play MP3s. I sometimes buy CDs. More so now, than BEFORE the MP3 thing.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That was my point, Mach10.. I think everybody buys more now. MP3s let you know if you want to buy the CD or not. I do believe in intellectual property though. If not, there would be no songs to listen to.

The CMA (Country Music Association) can line up for a change to KMA too. When the President of the CMA publicly says that we need to "blur the lines more between pop and country music" to cash in on a larger audience at the expense of crappy music, I have a problem with it.

That's why I haven't been to Fan Fair in the last two years. And a lot of others haven't either. It is all about making money for the CMA and I won't help them rape my music.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Wow. That was excellent, Dale. And I'm in total agreement with all of it. Wish I could see that magazine article.

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
Wow. That was excellent, Dale. And I'm in total agreement with all of it. Wish I could see that magazine article.

I've got it around here somewhere. I'll dig it up...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock