Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Gonna be seeing more of me in the coming days...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Gonna be seeing more of me in the coming days... by Tonker
Started on: 08-15-2001 02:47 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Tonker on 08-16-2001 01:17 PM
Tonker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
Just got laid off. High-Tech ain't a fun place to be.

We laid off a whole division of the company today, plus 100 out of 180 people in my division, and the CEO was voted out by the board of directors. I'm guessing they're planning on selling the company.

Figures this would happen as soon as I buy my car... Hope I can keep the payments up on it.
Anyone looking for a software developer?
-Jim

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tonker:
Anyone looking for a software developer?
-Jim

YOU GOT MAIL!

------------------

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
I'm not in the exact same situation as you, but I was transferred to a different store where my comissions have been cut more than half because of a lack of customers. Now not only is my commission check 1/5 of what is was last month, but I have nothing better to do than sit here and type on the forum. I've been sitting here since 12:30, with a total of 3 customers walking in (none looking to buy, just ask questions), and I'm the only employee here. I think I'm about to start rocking back and forth and talkin to myself.
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Lisa you must be doin somthin wrong you should see my lil bros commision checks... Little Roamin Bastard... hehe! J/k

I feel the problem everyone is having... where i worked as a CAD designer i got laid off... I LOVE CAD and am wicked at 3d but no one needs a Cad designer round here... grr!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"
[IMG]http://www.askfelons.com/fieromaster/fieromastergif1.gif">
~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
AIM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~ Purple, Black and Yellow Interior(Fastback Converted)
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000

[This message has been edited by The Fieromaster (edited 08-15-2001).]

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about using the forum this way. But hey! Who knows what could happen for some talented individuals out here.

Job Opportunities

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
That's what the O/T board is for!
kslish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Won't bore everyone with my story, but the high tech sector ain't what it used to be anymore. Been there, done that....

I do feel fortunate for being severenced out of my tech job due to a merger (got some cash and health insurance for a year) rather than just being outright laid off.

I hope there are unemployment compensation plans and/or laws up there in Canada as good as the ones in the USA (or at least here in PA).

Use your time off to further your education or to change fields. I'm currently trying to get back into education which is what I really went to college for anyways. Plus having summers off for Fiero shows would just be too cool

Ken S.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Plus having summers off for Fiero shows would just be too cool
Oh man, now you're talkin! Is it too late for a 44 year old to start an education major? My wife's a 3rd grade teacher, so we would be off together! What have I been thinking all these years.

Tonker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2001 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
Well my severance wasn't too bad. The standard in the industry here, apparently is two weeks for every year. I only have one year, so was a bit worried. The last round of layoff, my company followed industry standard. This round though, they were comparatively generous. I'm getting two months at full pay and benefits then I've got unemployment insurance if I need. it.

You're right though. No better time to be laid off I suppose. I'm 26, no family, and it's the summer. I'm thinng of going back to school, but just graduated from my Programming course last August.

I guess I'll just relax for a week or two, work on my resume and see where things go from there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock