Started on: 08-14-2001 10:28 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: hugh on 08-15-2001 07:20 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself,a young wife by the name of Dot.
And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she became known as Amazon Dot Com.
She said unto Abraham, "Why doth thou travel
far from town to town to sell your goods when you can trade without ever leaving your tent?"
Abraham did look at her as if she were several saddlebags short of a camel load, but simply said,"How dear?" And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have to sell or buy and they will reply telling you who hath the best price. And the sale can be made by drums and the goods can be delivered by Uriah's Pony Stable(UPS}
Abraham agreed to let Dot have her way with the drums. The drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all his goods at top price, without ever moving from hs tent.
But this success did arouse envy. A man by the name of Maccabia did secret himself inside the drum and was accused of insider trading. And the youg men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Siderites, or
NERDS for short. And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums, no one noticed the real riches were going to the drum maker, one Brother William of Gates, who had bought up every drum company in the land. And did veerily insist on making drums that would only work with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.
And Dot did say to Abraham,"What we started is being taken over by others." And as Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel, or as it came to be known, Ebay, he said"We need a name to say what we are." And Dot replied,"Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators", YAHOO cried Abraham.
And that is how it all started, wasn't Al Gore after all.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hugh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Very well written.As a member of the WWW(WHO?WHAT?WHERE?)I enjoyed that.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock