Started on: 08-12-2001 05:11 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Monkeyman on 08-15-2001 11:36 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of some decent ISPs with toll free access numbers? I'm going to go back on the road (trucking) and still want internet access. I've found some but they seem to cost upwards of $4/hour. Way too much unless I can't find anything else. I don't want to have to reconfigure IE with a new local number everytime I want to get online.

Any suggestions???

------------------
'Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.'

MM

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2001 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Prodigy can get you a toll-free dialup for about $4 a month. If Ameritech is your phone company, they can sign you up at a discounted rate, bill you via your phone bill (no credit card) and give you first 60 days for $1! Helluva deal.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I checked out their web site. The toll free # costs .10/minute which equals $6/hour. There are others for less than that. Thanx anyway.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
As much as I hate myself for saying this... what about AOL? They have numbers for almost everywhere. That is what most of my buddies that are on the road use.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Other than the fact that I hate AOHell, they don't seem to have a toll free number. I don't really want to have to look up local numbers and change the access number on my laptop every time I want to go online. I'd rather pay a little extra and get an ISP with a toll free number.

------------------

MM

yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2001 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
bluelight is a free isp service but you will have to put up with banner ads,it's not bad,netzero has a free web service also
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
C'mon. Toll free, relatively cheap, etc. I don't care if I get a 10Mb web space or 37 different emails. I just need a connection. There has to be something out there.

------------------

MM

operator64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for operator64Send a Private Message to operator64Direct Link to This Post
Monkeyman,
Go to this site www.etrucker.com . There is a chat room within and all the folks in there are either people on the road or spouces of those on the road, they should be able to give you all kinds of information.
Before i quit driving 6 months ago there was a service called PNV ( park and view ) you could get cable, telephone, and internet service right in your truck in most major T-stops. Stop by the link above and hopefully someone can help you out more with what you are looking for.
Operator
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Thanx, operator. I know all about eTrucker and PNV. I'll try the chat at eTrucker next time I get a chance. Good idea. One I hadn't thought of. PNV is out as it's just a phone line, it's not cheap, and it's not everywhere.

------------------

MM

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2001 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
http://www.addlebrain.com/freeinternetaccess/services/index.html

Also check out winfire.com they provide free DSL access.

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
You might check svs.net home page.
I know Craig has toll free #'s but I'm unaware of any per minute charges. I don't think he has any though.
If you want to go this way, reference me as my listed e-mail address in profile.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
84Bill--DSL wouldn't do me any good on the road and winfire isn't taking any new applications anyway, but thanx.

Kieth--I'll check out svs.net as soon as I get done with the forum. Thanx.

------------------

MM

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2001 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Kieth--I don't see anything about toll free numbers on the website. If you can get any more info, please let me know.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock