One more flaming post by ChadMan
Started on: 08-10-2001 05:34 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-17-2001 01:54 PM
ChadMan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Found out this week that James Dean was almost certainly gay. I had always thought of him as a Porsche-racing, skirt-chasing kind of guy...then I watched the TNT movie about him and they hinted around that he batted from both sides of the plate. So I checked a couple of Dean biographies out of the library. Seems the debate is not about whether or not he was gay (that's a given), but rather, about whether he was gay or bi. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Damned media. Do we have to know every little detail about the private life of every celebrity and politician? I always pictured Dean driving his 550 Spyder in the Great Beyond with his arm around Natalie Wood...now I'll picture him with his arm around Rock Hudson.

Oh well, long as he's happy. Rest in peace, Jimmy.

[This message has been edited by ChadMan (edited 08-10-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
That's the media for you. They just can't leave anything alone.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
I honestly can not figure out why anybody would want to be famous. Being recognised is fun and all, but the stalkers and the media and the complete loss of privacy. Not to mention all of the the nude pics of 'you' that will pop up on the internet. Bah to it all.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Even more sad is how readily the audience soaks it all up, and salivates for more, MORE, MORE!
FieroKyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2001 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroKyleSend a Private Message to FieroKyleDirect Link to This Post
I think Elivs was Gay, if he was born in the 90's he would have been gay. He is such a momma's boy.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2001 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I find it interesting that more and more celebrities are being "found out" as gay after their deaths. To believe all of them would mean a lot of actors were gay.

Cary Grant
Clark Gable
John Wayne
James Dean
Elvis Presley

Ok, those are just off the top of my head, but I've heard they were all "reportedly" gay. It seems like the more famous they were, the more people are interested in proving they were gay. Either they were or they weren't. Who cares?

It's silly enough to debate whether a living celebrity is gay/straight/bi, but a dead one? Makes no sense to me.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I dont see any flames yet.. ehhh hehe..

Who cares if he is or isnt gay? Its his life... media has to blow everything outta proportion! Hell half the coolest people i know are gay... Alhough it makes for strange party surroundings! Really strange!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
AIM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~ Purple, Black and Yellow Interior(Fastback Converted)
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000

Leadfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeadfootSend a Private Message to LeadfootDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean. The media has been say that about Elton John. That poor Diva of a man.

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
I'd love to see the results of "eye for an eye" reporting (for every private subject you share about someone else, you have to share a skeleton from YOUR closet!).

What!? The cutie on Entertainment Tonight likes to take it up the rear!? Now THAT'S entertainment!!!!!

Originally posted by ChadMan:
(Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Seinfeld rules!!!!!

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
One thing to keep in mind, gay rights activists (some of the extreme ones...every movement has them) will try to "out" someone they think the public likes after their death for a couple of reasons...

1) to surround the public with the thought that "everyone is gay"
2) to bring in some people who'll say "well, if HE was gay, then it must not be..."

Many movements do this, try to bring in members from the "rich and famous" set when they're not around to deny or support it.

I'm not denying James Dean, if there are several sources with the same info, he may have well been, but just because you hear "so-n-so may have been gay", don't hang your hat on it and spread the "rumor". If you're really interested...look it up, or try to find out from multiple sources.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87ECO5:

What!? The cutie on Entertainment Tonight likes to take it up the rear!? Now [b]THAT'S
entertainment!!!!!

Seinfeld rules!!!!! [/B]

If you mean Nancy O'Dell, Ill be having some of that too, LOL , shes def a babe.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Triad - excellent point. The media's trying to MAKE it OK. homosexuals...

Roger - you'll be having some up the ass too?

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
u know what I meant, even if id didnt make it clear. LOL. Id take some of Nancy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock