Started on: 08-01-2001 11:21 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-02-2001 11:47 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2001 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I though I might pass this trick on I perfected years ago. If you want like a small pic of your car, gf, scenery, whatever on a spot on your cars paint try this, experiment on some scrap first, really does work and no one will ever figure out how its done.

you have to use a magazine pic, nothing else will work right. Pick our what you want and tape it to a piece of glass or hard smooth surface. spray a couple of lite coats of clear laquer thinned about 150%. let it dry for a few minutes. spray about a total of 6-8 coats of the clear laquer and let it dry over nite. It has to have a white background so if your cars not white, you have to prep an area and spray it white. ie white spot fogged in on edge or center of panel. Then remove the tape from the magazine pic and place it in a tub or sink of warm water for 1/2 hour or so. carefully rub all the soaked paper off the back side. what you have left is only the clear laquer with the ink from the picture. now spray a wet coat of laquer on the white spot on your car. and while its still wet lay the sheet of dried laquer on it gently pressing it on. follow immediatly with several coats of clear laquer to melt it all togeather. when its dry you have a perfect little mural that appears to be handpainted perfectly on you car. It will def catch peoples attention. Theyll be trying to figure out how you got such fine detail. Sounds hard, but really very ez. try it.Ive done it with pics of a spider on a Harley tank, Playboy centerfold on a hood.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2001 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Now that's something ya want to print out and save. When you say a magazine pic, I guess you mean a page that is glossy. Thanks for the tip
Don
72vinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2001 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 72vinmanSend a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to have a picture of what it would look like? It sounds very interesting.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Now that's something ya want to print out and save. When you say a magazine pic, I guess you mean a page that is glossy. Thanks for the tip. Hmmm wonder how I can get gf's pic in a mag ?
Don

edited by Jane

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-02-2001).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Got any pics of the results of this trick? I never really liked pictures on cars etc, but it sounds interesting..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
So your car has to be white for this to work? It sounds neat.

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (FOR SALE)*sale pending*
85 Coupe (parts car)($50)*sale pending*
86 SC (FOR SALE)
86 SE V6 (new project)

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You may be able to use a computer printout pic, it has to be ink that the laquer will absorb, so a Photo wont work.Never tried it though, didnt have computers back then,LOL. What happens is the white background (car) takes the place of the white paper that you removed. It will look just like it did in the original magazine.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
There is a material sold in craft stores called "Decalit" or something like that. You paint this stuff over a picture then peel it off and now you have a decal of the pic.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2001 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
damn, I knew I should have patented it. I could now be a millionaire. Oh well

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock