Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Vette forum getting new software - Cliff, will we see it eventually?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Vette forum getting new software - Cliff, will we see it eventually? by 87ECO5
Started on: 07-31-2001 03:11 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: JSocha on 08-01-2001 09:21 AM
87ECO5

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
http://www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/Forum26/HTML/029876.html

Some of the admin guys over on the Vette forum are preparing to install a new version of the software. Some of the new features look pretty cool.

I started wondering. There are lots of forums out on the web. I'm under the assumption that all (including Cliff) obtained a copy of this software and customized it (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, Cliff).

Anyway, just curious if we'll see some of these features in the future on PFF?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2001 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I have been toying with "forum" software for a few weeks now you can see it at my site http://cn308598-a.wall1.pa.home.com/forum2/
its exparimental and may not always be running but you can still play with it if you like.

I have a zip file of this software if anyone would like to try it out.

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
Some boards get cluttered up with all those useless features and nonstop junk graphics. You actually have to hunt for the posting. I pity the dialups.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I use the same version Cliff has here on one of my sites. The newer version does have some cool stuff, but still buggy.

I am looking at a new thing now that takes this forum idea one step farther and uses the whole site like a portal. Members can see who is on the site, send PMs to people that are online, leave messages for other members who aren't online... Haven't got it all worked out yet, but the sites I have seen that use it look very cool...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
It's not such a new idea (find someone that remembers firefly.net) but it's one that few sites have done well. If you can pull it off it would be terrific.

Originally posted by Songman:

I am looking at a new thing now that takes this forum idea one step farther and uses the whole site like a portal. Members can see who is on the site, send PMs to people that are online, leave messages for other members who aren't online... Haven't got it all worked out yet, but the sites I have seen that use it look very cool...

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
This thing I am looking at is called PHP-Nuke...

Check out http://www.zdriver.com to see how it works.... I found this when I was looking for stuff for my 240z. It's a neat concept but so far hard to design a unique looking site. All of them tend to look alike...

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
it's already gotten to where i can barely view the vette forum at home. i usually check it at work. hope this dosen't make it worse.

it won't hurt my feelings if cliff dosen't complicate it here anymore than it is.

------------------
Phil T.

SERENITY NOW!!!!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2001 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Well, the current software I'm using is working almost flawlessly now, and I personally don't like the latest version very much (too much distracting features). However, if demand is high enough...
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2001 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
However, if demand is high enough...

No demand here, Cliff. I like bells and whistles but I fully appreciate the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" approach to computer-related programs.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2001 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

No demand here, Cliff. I like bells and whistles but I fully appreciate the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" approach to computer-related programs.

<lifts his beer stein>: Here! Here! <guzzles>

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock