Started on: 07-23-2001 11:13 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Steve Normington on 07-26-2001 05:16 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Any body seen the info-commercial about that stainless steel gizmo ya put in the air inlet duct or on top of the air filter base?
It is called a tornado or cyclone.
"INCREASE YOUR MPG ADD UP TO 20 HP INSTANTLY!" What a crock. How can they make claims like that?

very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-23-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Fieromaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
They use them on throttle bodies for the LT-1 engines because it smoothes the airflow comming into the throttle body because the way its shapped causes some SERIOUS turbulence

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
AIM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~ Purple, Black and Yellow Interior(Fastback Converted)
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000

KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Any body seen the info-commercial about that stainless steel gizmo ya put in the air inlet duct or on top of the air filter base?
It is called a tornado or cyclone.
"INCREASE YOUR MPG ADD UP TO 20 HP INSTANTLY!" What a crock. How can they make claims like that?

very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-23-2001).]

It is bull-$hit.
They also have spiralmax... same damn thing as the tornado.
They don't work.

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Yep I would say its a crock. I think the Fiero wing works alot better then that thing. And most people say the wing is looks only. Yeah right.

Scott

------------------
Fierokid's Web site
http://www.angelfire.com/sports/sfiero

AIM: Fierokid87

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
I wish there was one that'd make my intake sing Don't care about the theoretical gains... I'd buy THAT for a dollar!
b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
Mach10-HOLY CRAP!! I thought my buddy Nick and I were the only ones who said that, let alone same context!!!

EX- '93 Civic Hatchback with fart can drives by-"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
We say that. Doesn't everyone? Thought it was from Smash-TV or something?
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
LOL this came up on the forum before. I said it was from RoboCop, someone else said it was from some other movie. I know for sure its in RoboCop, its when those bad guys are blowing up the city, and robocop shows up, some used car salesman is in a store window (on TV) saying "I'd buy that for a dollar". Classic....
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mach10:
I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Knowing she'd beat me out of it.

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
What happens if you combine the tornado with the exhaust tip with the door from the JC Whitney catalog?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
With that thing and a Type R sticker you should be able to do the 1/4 mile in under 10 sec. with iron duke yet.
PFF
System Bot
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post

waste of $...

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
just tape a kazoo to your intake pipe, it will sound like the whine of a blower, seen this done before among the ricers
Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
I'm partially color-blind, but to me it looks like the baseline has better torque and HP that the tornado.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock