Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  My faith in retailers and people in general restored.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

My faith in retailers and people in general restored. by AusFiero
Started on: 07-23-2001 04:18 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Formula on 07-25-2001 07:54 AM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well this doesn't happen often. But 18 months ago I bought a digital video camera that was supposed to give high quality digital stills as well. Well over time I have never got the quality and the camera died anyway.
So I contacted the manufacturer who told me the camera was never capapble of doing what the salesman told me even though I had spent $3000 on it.
So back to the store I go and see the manager for a meeting this afternoon expecting no outcome of course.
But after 1 hour of discussions and salesman getting called in and finding he knows sh1t about the cameras anyway but still sold it to me telling me everything i wanted to hear basically so ghe could get his comission, the store has agreed to replace the Camera with not 1, but 2 cameras. A new model digital stills camera worth $1500 and so I still have video also a basic model normal non digital video camera worth $900.
OK I lose $600 of my original investment but 18 months ago I could not buy the same quality equipment for that much money so I figure I am in front anyway.
Kinda rstores the faith in human nature and retailers who coulda just said get out.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DecadenceR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DecadenceRClick Here to visit DecadenceR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DecadenceRDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to know that there really are a few people out there that will help you out. Doesn't happn often, but it makes you feel good when it actually does.
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to know that Good things also happen to Good People. Congrats!!!
BC-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BC-GTSend a Private Message to BC-GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thats a great deal, what brand are they?
Australia is looking better and better in my books (except for all those huge poisonous reptiles and bugs)

------------------
Darryl Martin
1985 GT

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2001 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You done pretty well. Think you could arrange a meeting with Pontiac officials??

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BC-GT:
Wow, thats a great deal, what brand are they?
Australia is looking better and better in my books (except for all those huge poisonous reptiles and bugs)

I got a Kodak DC4800 with a bonus 32 meg card as well as the 16 meg card with it.

Kodak Camera Specs Page

The video they gave me is a Hitachi VME 368OE

Hitachi Camera Specs Page
Bear in mind our prices are different to yours and it is excellent value here I assure you

LOL on the bugs and reptiles. ummmm we never see much around poisonous where I live. Ok we have spiders but they can't kill you. Well funnel webs can but with maybe 1 death a year from 19,000,000 people it isn't a big problem. Our reptiles are little pussycats except the snakes. But again you don't see many of them around even in the bush. Only have 2 deadly species and most people don't die even from their bites as it is a slow death. Lots of time to get to hospital and get fixed.
Least we haven't got bears and stuff that can chase and eat. I think death by Australian predators and snakes and stuff is about 8 to 10 a year in total.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
BC-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BC-GTSend a Private Message to BC-GTDirect Link to This Post
Heheheh, I must be watching to much "Crocodile Hunter" That guy (Steve) can't seem to take two steps without landing on something thats huge and poisonous!
btw, what did they sell you to begin with, was it one of those JVC models?
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2001 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert:
Hey Aus; did you notice the rebate offer?
http://www.kodak.com.au/US/en/digital/promos/dc4800Rebate/;$sessionid$23521ZQAAC3 G3QHIO2SHWGA

Hey thanks Rob no I hadn't... I have now and I have receipts as a new purchase
Oh they also threw in 2 spare batteries for the video camera giving me 7.5 hours of record time.
The original camera I purchased was a Panasonic NV DS33.

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
you get a rebate now!!!!! You are having some good luck!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock