writing autorun.inf files by pHoOl
Started on: 07-11-2001 12:05 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: pHoOl on 07-11-2001 10:54 AM
pHoOl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
I know that there are some fellow computer geeks on here somewhere. I am trying to set up an auto run file to check to see if a program is open, and if it is, close it. Any ideas? specifically, i will be checking to see if winamp is running, then closing it if it is, and then opening it again. (yes, i realize this sounds stupid, but with the plugin that i am using, i makes sense)

anyone know where to find info on writing autorun?

------------------
Rice mobiles are like tampons... Every p@#%y has one.

AIM: phool88fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
That's not how autorun works. Autorun can start another program that does all that checking, but it can't do it all by itself.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
What about a program like Automate 4? I have used it to set up all sorts of tasks...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

pHoOl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... that might work. where can i get the automate program? Also... i've been reading about people complaining of sigs being too big. Is mine? I've been thinking of downsizing it. (or 'our department is going in another direction) however you want to say it. Just don't want to have stimpy on my @ss =)

------------------
Rice mobiles are like tampons... Every p@#%y has one.

AIM: phool88fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock