Started on: 07-08-2001 04:34 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: 8Ball on 07-16-2001 02:29 PM
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Well for the last two weeks I have been participateing in the Very early Beta stages of EA's newest raceing game MotorCity.

MotorCity Online places you in the era of muscl cars in the heart of american iron. You can buy cars from the 30's to the 70's and then completely upgrade the engines. Put in differant engine blocks, pistons, carbs, valves, headers anyway you get the pic.

Atm I am one of only 1500 ppl who are testing this game. My main problem with the game is the fact that right now the servers are only up 3 days for 5 hours a day. That is so they can do the repairs on the servers that are needed to achieve the stability they are looking for. Eventually it will be up 24/7.

Another great point of this game is the fact you race against other live players, be it for cash or be it for pink slips. This is going to be an amazeing game!!!! I only wish It had a Fiero in it. I have a 675 hp 350 sbc in the game I would LOVE to stick in one

Anyway just my 2 cents and thoughts on this great game!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
How is the game, interface, graphics, and latency-wise? I'm thinking that this will be more of a contest of bandwidth, rather than muscle-car mods...

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 07-08-2001).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Well the interface and graphics are comparable to porshe unleashed. The latentcy is pretty good atm all things considered. The servers are as of yet unstable and crashy but the lag is non existent atm.
I think that by the time the beta is over it is going to be an amazeing game.

On a second note I almost had a guy here in town convinced to trade me his 86 gt for the beta cd too bad he didn't go for it, cause I would have more than gladly given up my beta testing for fixing up a fiero

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
When did you receive your Beta CD? I was supposed to beta test the game as well but the game hasn't arrived yet. Are the interiors of the cars anymore detailed than in Porsche Unleashed? That was my only gripe against that game. Any chance you could post some screenies or have they a NDA agreement?
KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2001 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
I believe that NFS Motor City Online will be released Sept. 18.
But I'm not sure.
All I know is that as soon as it comes out, I'm buying it!
It looks sweet!

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2001 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I just signed up for beta testing last week.. hopefully I'll get to start soon!

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed

1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto

AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2001 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
You want Fiero's i got em... although at this time for NFS 3 though! I was working on a 89 Prototype... a few peeps have the beta version of the car... then my hardrive nuked so i neeed to remake the prototype! OOPSIE! Although I pry wont if there is no demand for it... But oh well there are Fiero's for NFS that I made on my site...

------------------
"Raced That Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
AIM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~Purple, Black and Yellow Interior(Fastback Converted)
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX (AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2001 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I got my mc beta cd 3 weeks ago but they have only given out 1500 atm. they are going to be giving out more but it will be a little bit they want to get the servers stable for 1500 first. The interior still needs work, it is kinda glitchy atm. And as far as the game comeing out in sept. I wouldn't hold my breat. Still LOTSA bugs to get out. I would guess closer to christmas.

8Ball

P.S. I will try to take some screenies tonight when I play

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 07-10-2001).]

overlord

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2001 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for overlordSend a Private Message to overlordDirect Link to This Post
I have been waiting SOOO long for this game to come out. Its gonna rock!

release date is august 10th i beleive.
Dont Quote Me On That!

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2001 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
According to the coders of MCO the game is no where near release ready so yes we are most likely looking at a christmas release

But be paitent it is worth it.. ok beta starts in an hour so gotta go get ready to take some screen shots for you all....btw how do I post them here?

See ya tomorrow morning with screenies maybe tonight who knows
8ball

------------------
The Fieroless Fiero Nut

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
ok i have taken a bunch of screenshots but how doI post them onto here???
8ball
PFF
System Bot
overlord

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for overlordSend a Private Message to overlordDirect Link to This Post
download PIP at the bottom of the screen.
Its pretty straight forward.

Or go to photopoint.com

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2001 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys,

Pc Crashed but I will get more screen shots this friday I promise.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2001 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
*Finally got it right!!!*
Ok, It took me a few days but here are a few screen shots from the Beta

This is my 57 Chevy I had.

This is the interior view from my
Gran Torino Cobra

Chase view of the torino

Who wants to let me drive their Fiero
Not the best driver on the circuit

Hope this wets your appitite
And Race on.

Just Remember you saw it on Pennock's FIRST

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 07-16-2001).]