Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Do they have "4th Of July" in Canada? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Do they have "4th Of July" in Canada? by wkayl
Started on: 07-04-2001 08:30 AM
Replies: 41
Last post by: Tweek on 07-21-2001 03:09 PM
wkayl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
BANG!!!!

Gotcha!!!

HEHEHE

------------------

Dnyee's 88 Formula, Casey's 86GT, Wayne's 86GT.
We consider my wife as being "Fiero Challenged"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Well.... last time I checked,they had a 3rd, and even a 5th... So, based on that, I think it's pretty safe to say they have a 4th as well

------------------
Lisa
86 violet pearl 4 speed GT: 17 in. rims, lowered, cold-air intake
AOL IM: FieroLisa

FieroLisa's Website*NC Tarheels Fieros Site

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroLisa:
Well.... last time I checked,they had a 3rd, and even a 5th... So, based on that, I think it's pretty safe to say they have a 4th as well

LOL

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
Not in Quebec.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Happy B-Day guys.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2001 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Do they have a Cinqo de Mayo in Spain?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy--Yes and no. If you mean cinqo de Mayo literally (5th of May), sure they do. If you mean the celebration (victory over...France, I think), I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no'. I think it's a Mexican holiday, not Spanish. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and provide a link to the correct answer).

------------------
'Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.'

MM

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2001 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Uhh, thanks for clearing that up for me Monkey. Now if you can get that July 4th question figgered out, we'll be cookin with gas.
KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
LOL

You guys are funny.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Well...I don't live in Canada, but I've been there about a million times so...No. Canada does not have a July 4th. Since they work off of a totally different calendar than we do here in the States, they eliminate all even numbered days in odd numbered months and vice versa. For example, they have to celebrate Christmas on either the 24th or 26th as there can't be a 25th (odd number) in December (12th month--even number). As a matter of fact, this is why the life expectancy is so much greater in the Great White North. Some folks never get a birthday. (Please see previous text if you're getting lost.)

Stimp--I hope I've adequately explained this for ya. If you have any more questions about this, LMK and I'll scan a page out of Canadas' calendar.

------------------

MM

baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboDirect Link to This Post
you forgot to add thatif it's an odd year it's the exact opposite.
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
and you need calculus to figure out Leap Years...

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

DecadenceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2001 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DecadenceRClick Here to visit DecadenceR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DecadenceRDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.. And I thought they just did eenie meenie miney moe....

------------------

AIM - DecadenceR

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2001 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
To find new years, well, that's probably Quantum
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2001 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
If you're referring to New Years Day, they have it. (Odd day in an odd month.)

And while we're on the subject of Canadians, why do Canadians feel the need to add "Canada" when posting where they live? Not a slam by any means, simply a question. I'd take this to email so no one would feel offended, but there might be more than one reason.

------------------

MM

Tonker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2001 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
When I was prompted for the registration it asked for City, State/Province, Country (at least I think it did).

Plus Canadians as a whole, I think have a bit of a fear of being viewed as the 51st US state. We're afraid you'll take away our strong beer and plaid priviliges, eh?

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2001 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
"canada is too a state....... they just dont know it yet..

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
-George W. Bush Jr.

FieroTiffany
No longer registered
Report this Post07-06-2001 11:03 AM   Send a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:
George W. Bush Jr.

No Jr. His middle name is different from daddy.

mrgone
From: Barrie Ontario, Canada / Bridgewater Nova Scotia, Canada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2001 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
ive met wayy too many canadians that dont know where nova scotia is. especially people from BC.

a few from ontario thought it was a state, one asked if i took the bridge or the ferry across from nova scotia (assumed it was PEI, an island)

------------------

86.5 2m4 5speed turd 241,000kms

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2001 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

I don't know but here in Holland, we eat our fries with mayo.

buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
So, what do Canadians have to be proud of on July 1st or July 4th?
1. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch & Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less Down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass .
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it... and
most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time.We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied ... Go figure...
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing...but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company .
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
23. ....the handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands .......with mitts on.
OOOOoohhhhh Canada!!
And as a parting shot .. ........
.. Our elections only take one day.

PFF
System Bot
Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2001 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
My personal Favorite

SUPERMAN is Canadian...

JM

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
He IS?? I guess that dorky outfit gave THAT away... I mean, um... handsome outfit.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Well, after buds post:

To all the U.S. forum members--what are we doing hanging around in our inferior dump of a country? LET'S ALL MOVE TO CANADA!!!!

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Don't think about movin to "Friendly Manitoba", because they are not friendly at all, even if the license plates do or use to brag about it!

I know this from personal experience as I am a former Manitobian.

------------------

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buds:
8. Apple pie is Canadian

I thought apple pie was Dutch. Cliff?

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

This is a good thing?!?

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year

How many lives have been saved by a Zamboni? Besides, ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios were all Russian inwentions.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Russian inventions? Ever heard of Bombardier? (I think he was Canadian?). invented the snowmobile, ski-doo, and other stuff like that..

And another argument. Our Country is far bigger. So move out and let us use America for parking or something..

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure by some of my previous posts in other threads, that everyone here can tell I am Canada's biggest fan . I mean, you know, since 90% of their population is within 25 miles of our border, they can't be a nation leaching off of another, they must just live near us because the moose get too dense the farther north you go, can't even take a pi$$ behind a tree without hitting a moose.

I am still waiting for letterman to take my suggestion of making a 10 question Canada pop-quiz to ask people as they walk by. I have asked at least 10 well educated people and they can't even answer this one: "who is Canada's current prime minister?" All I get is a laugh, and they don't know the answer.

Questions Letterman should ask:
1. What is the capital of canada?
2. Who is the curren p.m. of canada?
3. How many provinces does canada have?
4. What is a province?
5. Name one canadian city other than toronto.
6. Name all candian provinces.
7. Show me where each province is on a map.
8. What is the highway speed limit in canada in KPH.
9. What does KPH stand for.
10. How many KPL does the typical Asuna Sunfire(or whatever that thing is called) get.
11. Does canada have paved roads?
12. Does canada have electricity? Running water? Telephones?
etc. Letterman could devote an entire taping to educating the people of America all about Canada. I can gurantee people would learn something about that big wide emptyness to the north.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they'd learn that it's exactly the same as America.. Without the rudeness.
FieroHeather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHeatherSend a Private Message to FieroHeatherDirect Link to This Post
Take off ya Hosers!! Pick on someone your own size eh!
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I've got two good friends who are both from Canada. Both are from that area around Nova Scotia(I don't know where it is, but they do). Their parents have the accent real strong(french), and the Canadian accent shows through too. Everybody gives 'em a lot of crap about canada(and people do ask them if canada has running water), but they go back to Canada every summer, they must like it. I lived in very near Niagra for two years, but don't remember it much(I was 5).

I've got a Luney and a Tuney(spelling has to be wrong) that my friends have given me. Those things still around? We never see Canadian money this far south, people are always asking me what country the coins are from.

PFF
System Bot
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

I was in SAN DIEGO for Cinqo de Mayo, ALL I CAN SAY IS HOLY CRAP!! The whole city is in a HUGE party, I went to some clubs, and parties, and WOW!!! That's the BEST thing in the WHOLE WORLD!!! There were hot hunnies EVERYWHERE!

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

grinthock

2009 posts
Member since Apr 2001
You know why Canada is the best....

OUR ROADS DON'T SUCK!!! I have driven in MI, and NY and PA and all the roads SUCK, it's like driving on swiss CHEESE!! I wouldn't WANT to own a fiero in those states..

baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboDirect Link to This Post
come to winnipeg, then we got pot holes that can swallow a car.
Her86GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2001 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
I AM Canadian!!! I'm glad to live in southern Ontario - we're southern enough to have an American accent but northern enough to have the snow. Well, that's my perspective.

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
One of the funniest Canadian shows is "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" - specifically, Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans" segments. He can come stay straight-faced while presenting ridiculous "facts" or "survey questions" to our American neighbours, such as:

Should Canada preserve it's "National Igloo"?
Should Canada start using the 24-hour day?
Should Canada resume the seal hunt in Saskatchewan?
What should Canada base it's currecy on since the US has copyright on the "dollar"?
The King of Quebec, Lucien Bonhomme, wants to separate from Canada. Can he?

On the otherhand, I'm sure he catches some of out Canadian brothers with these ridiculous statements as well !!

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Russian inventions?

Checkov (Star Trek TOS). And its inwentions.

Originally posted by fierosound:
One of the funniest Canadian shows is "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" - specifically, Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans" segments. He can come stay straight-faced while presenting ridiculous "facts" or "survey questions" to our American neighbours, such as:

Have you seen "Jaywalking" on the Tonight Show? The Americans Jay Leno finds aren't any smarter about American stuff.

Do they get TV in Canada?

Besides, everyone has forgotten the most important negative thing about Canadians. The tops of their heads flop all around when they talk.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Michigan sucks. Particularly their roads, I will agree with you on that. I lived there during high-school for 2.5 years, and have no plans on ever returning to live in that state. Too cold, too much snow, it has one city(Detroit) and every other "city" has like 50 people and a single stop-sign. If the town is really big, it gets its own stop-light, oooh, thats when you know "you have arrived."

Before buying any used vehicle, I run a carfax and find out if that paticular car has ever been registered in Michigan, the north-east, canada, or any state bordering canada. If so, I turn the car down, I don't care if it is "rust-free" there is no such thing as a rust free Michigan car, not to mention what the pot-holes up there do to cars.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I was in Detriot at 1am trying to catch a bus -- NOT a very nice situation, I just sat and stared at mu shoes until it arrived, while driving down the main drag to the bus station I saw a guy getting the **** kicked outta him
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
holy sheet people!! didn't mean to start a pi$$ing contest. Just an e-mail I got, thought it was funny...hmm...guess not!

I don't have any problems with americonos, except they don't seem to take jokes well

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock