Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  the good wifes guide from 1955

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

the good wifes guide from 1955 by isthiswhereiputausername?
Started on: 06-30-2001 01:58 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: AusFiero on 07-02-2001 07:53 AM
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
check this out
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Levi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviSend a Private Message to LeviDirect Link to This Post
That was passed around the office last week. The guys all got a good kick out of it, us girls didn't like it very much.

According to that I'm going to really suck as a wife. Oh well!

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I dunno how people survived the 50s.. and considering how women were treated, it's a wonder there were so many kids born... oh wait....

it's ridiculous.. no wonder adults today are so messed up, with their parents acting like that while they were kids.. LOL.. j/k.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 06-30-2001).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I grew up in the 50's, that graphic pretty well describes my mother's lifestyle. BUT by the time the 70's got here, she was, let's just say, a little less tolerant of dad. Their roles had almost reversed.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69648 posts
Member since Apr 2001
any chance someone can email me the good wife's guide? For some reason, I can't get to copy or paste. janedon1@earthlink.net.
Thanks
Don
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Sent
fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
WOW! how did a woman live back then? now adays my father gets home be for my mother and they both complain about their work days... can't imagin living in the 50s! whats it goign to be like when I get married and have kids...maybe the daddy will do all the work....hmmmmmmmm

------------------
1984 Sweet Candy Apple red Fiero sport coupe :-D

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
What is that, the Stepford wife training manual?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2001 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Ok, some of it I like - getting things ready for the man's return, that sort of thing. [don't start the flames yet] But that's if she WANTS to do something for her man, not because it's her "duty." Really, what kind of modern man would want that subserviant of a woman? Not me. And the bit about his topics of converstation being more important - oh please! For me, unless there's something on my mind, I'd love to hear about my woman's day - it's something different from what I've dealt with all day. Wow.

Of course, I always did think one of the nicest ways for a woman to greet her man after a long hard day would to be waiting at the door with his beverage of choice in hand. Wearing a ... smile. But that's me. No, I'm not sexist, but noting would excite me more than to come home to that. Remember, you have to want to please each other, or what's the point?

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2001 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
You have no right to question his decisions?!?!?! please!!! that's nuts. glad i didn't grow up then, i don't think i could take being that aggressive.

------------------
Rice mobiles are like tampons... Every p@#%y has one.

AIM: phool88fiero

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2001 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
"Be a little gay and a little more interesting" Promoting lesbian fantasies in the 50ies?!?!?

Sorry, couldnt help myself

[This message has been edited by Sootah (edited 07-01-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2001 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Printing it for my wife, who's reading in the bedroom. If I suddenly stop posting, call the police.

The problem with kids today are that their parents grew up in the 60's and 70's.

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2001 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
When my husband is the perfect man, brings me roses weekly, treats me like a queen, and always cares about how I feel, then I might believe in the above, but since that will never happen, oh freakin well, sorry for you guys!!
DecadenceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2001 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DecadenceRClick Here to visit DecadenceR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DecadenceRDirect Link to This Post
I dunno about anyone in here, but when I get home from work, it's a good 30 minutes to an hour before anyone can even LOOK at me without getting their heads ripped off...
spideyfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spideyfootSend a Private Message to spideyfootDirect Link to This Post

my wife offers me something to read and something to eat when I get home. To bad its the directions for the frozen dinner I get to cook.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bummer... I knew there was some reason working at home sux...I dont get to come home to the above.

Granted though my wife does know all the shortest routes to all the local food takeaway joints.

------------------

My Fiero
Need a Subwoofer Console or Speaker Door Pods?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock