Dodge............Ripoff artists by Neverfinished
Started on: 06-18-2001 12:14 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Galen on 06-18-2001 07:21 AM
Neverfinished

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverfinishedSend a Private Message to NeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone seen the dodge concept for the saidewinder truck?????
Well it didn't take them long to rip off the generals SSR roadster!!!! Finally GM can come up with a cool interesting truck/roadster and mopar rips them off!!!!!

------------------
To Be Old And Wise, You First Must Be Young And Stupid.-----------------
It's not a waste of time... If you are wasted at the time

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
The Sidewinder was a concept way before shitty GM stole the idea- the Sidewinder was introduced in 1997. Jesus try looking sh!t up first using the INTERNET.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jaei Sun (edited 06-18-2001).]

saleenfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saleenfieroSend a Private Message to saleenfieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the sidewinder even beat the 2nd gen lightning to the press. Awesome truck though, Viper engine, alright body, if you're into convertible trucks, although I'm not sure if I am.
Neverfinished

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverfinishedSend a Private Message to NeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
my bad my bad
damn GM stealing dodges ideas
damn them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps calm down the attitude
obviously you are under sexed if you come back with a remark like that

------------------

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Considering many of the lead designers now at GM are former Chrysler people (they left Chrysler after the merger with DiamlerBenz) the similarities are probably more than coincidental.

The Sidewinder did come first though, it was introduced at the SEMA show in 1997.

------------------
Ken S.
'87GT and '86SC
See them at http://homepage.mac.com/kjslish/Fiero.html
Western PA Fiero Club - www.westpennfiero.org

Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
I guess it was a little harsh, but I just hate it when people start going off on somthing and don't know the facts.

I'm a pretty big Dodge fan and saying that they are anyway more "ripoff artists" than any other automotive maker is laughable. Your original post on the subject seemed pretty aggressive itself.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jaei Sun (edited 06-18-2001).]

Neverfinished

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverfinishedSend a Private Message to NeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
no harm meant by either of my posts dude
we must maintain peace on this forum.
thank you for clearing everythin up...
they are both beautiful vehicles!

------------------

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
You shouldn't knock Dodge/Chrysler...despite their recent run of shitty management due to the overtaking by daimler-benz AG. Throughout history Dodge has always been trying new things. More often than not, they have had the gonads in the past to release a car that GM and Ford wait to see how it does. Even in the truck market this goes on. Remember when Dodge came out with the swoopy fender style on their trucks several years back? Now they're all starting to have that...oh, and who ever heard of a V10 in a truck before dodge brought it out?

Dodge had some outrageous concepts scheduled for production, until the recent management changes. The 2003 300M was supposed to be getting the recently redesigned/modernized Hemi motor, and the new Charger R/T was supposed to be released in 2004 with the Hemi motor that had the option of gasoline or natural gas fuel.

Some of their ideas are supposedly still supposed to happen eventually, but I'm getting pretty skeptic with the recent decisions management has made. It seems the Germans don't like any of our American ideas. They're even keeping all the prototypes on the website, but nearly all the entire automotive community believes their projects are all being shot down. I hope that these immensely progressive projects get brought out, and the Germans realize that we actually do have some good ideas here in the good ol' USA.

So, to relate this to the topic, yeah....the sidewinder concept was out waaaaay before the SSR. I think both of them are ugly as hell though. I would like to see the power wagon be released; it's got awesome power characteristics and drivetrain strength. Interestingly enough, the Copperhead is no longer in the list of concept vehicle on the Dodge website. It was by far my favorite concept but disappeared a while back after talks of it finally coming to production. Anyone hear anything about the copperhead lately?

Bryce
88 GT

Neverfinished

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NeverfinishedSend a Private Message to NeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
dodge has always had the best ideas but they need to spend money in reliability. Viper rocks and the stealth rocks...
they r wayyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of anyone in design and development. And for that I give them a thumbs up, but chrysler does not do it for me... I apoligize for any bad feelings this may cause between any of us,

------------------

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2001 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that Sidewinder truck even made a HotRod Cover, gosh about 2 or 3 years ago.

I thought the Copperhead was a cool concept. Competed too much with the Viper tho, so that's my guess why it got killed (hmmm... sound familiar? ).

SSR, it's ok, I had thoughts of the Sidewinder when I saw the early press releases and when I was at the Auto Show that year. I just hope they make it right.

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post06-18-2001 07:21 AM   Send a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Stealth is not dodge, its mitsu all the way.

------------------

galen@spinrpg.com -1988 Hawaiin Orchid Coupe w/ sunroof
AIM: GalenRPG - WebJolt Pictures

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay