How many of you are... by JSocha
Started on: 06-12-2001 05:09 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: 84Bill on 06-13-2001 11:25 PM
JSocha

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
sitting at work daily playing here on the forum, reading the threads, posting your own threads and/or responding to threads?

How many hours a day do you work and out of that time how many hours are you here doing what your not supposed to be doing while at work?

How many of you are bosses playing here? And what would you do if you found any of your employees here goofing off at this forum while at the same time you are paying them for work they are supposed to be doing for you?

Do any of you feel guilty for goofing off at work while here on the forum and gettin paid at the same time from your employer?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXClick Here to Email AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Well right now I am collecting unemployment, so I am sitting on this forum all day right in my own comfy home

But, last semester in one of my classes, I used to sit on the forum the entire class every day! Apparently this forum must make people smart because I got an A in the class too!

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJClick Here to Email SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
Retired, no worries, mate!
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekClick Here to Email VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Guilty, guilty, guilty! I feel very guilty! This is like the 6th time I'm logging on today (at least) on my work computer. It's not like I'm bored, either. I've got plenty of work to do. I guess I'm an addict. '...mmmust sstop llogging to PFF....'
I CAN'T !!!!! I REALLY CAN'T!!!!
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Voytek.

Bad Voytek! Bad boy!

You better get back on over to your apology thread now and apologize for your behavior...

Ahhh! What they h3ll. I'm just as guilty if not more then you are!

DecadenceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DecadenceRClick Here to visit DecadenceR's HomePageClick Here to Email DecadenceRSend a Private Message to DecadenceRDirect Link to This Post
That's all I do at work, is play on here. LOL
Well, i actually do my work while I'm doing it, but still...
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
At work I work, period. I don't have time to fool around.

------------------
This is a copy of RiceCooker's witty signature,
It makes me a lemming

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 156
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonClick Here to Email Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSocha:
sitting at work daily playing here on the forum, reading the threads, posting your own threads and/or responding to threads?

Me, me, me.

How many hours a day do you work and out of that time how many hours are you here doing what your not supposed to be doing while at work?

8 - 10. 2 - 3.

Originally posted by JSocha:
Do any of you feel guilty for goofing off at work while here on the forum and gettin paid at the same time from your employer?

No.

------------------
This is a copy of 84Bill's copy of RiceCooker's witty signature,
It makes me a lemming^2

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im my own boss!!!!! damn Im gonna have to fire that Roger, hes always in here not making me money !!!!!!!

my boss Rogers really mean, cant have any fun....

(writes myself a severance check)

(darn, boss wrote me a hot check)

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-12-2001).]

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Click Here to Email Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I work 2 jobs. At my night job I can't be on because there's always too much to do (and there's no computer there anwyay). But at my morning job I'm always on here. It is the absolute most boring job one could imagine. The highlight of last week was when I refilled the sticky notes. So my boss really doesn't mind as long as if there is something to be done I do it.

------------------
Jaime
84SE red
AOL IM: Jaygee79
Jaygee79's Web Page

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I spend half my work day here reading threads
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2001 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I don't have easy access to computers with access to the net at work So daily I go thru forum withdrawal!
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2001 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Click Here to Email Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
I am AT my job 8 hours every evening (I won't say that I WORK 8 hours ). During about 6 hours of that time I can and do read the PFF, but I cannot post messages from work anymore. I freqently check the local and national radar loops, and spend a little time at other websites, but mostly this Forum. I have a job with a great deal of spare time (usually), and I COULD use that time reading to learn new things about my department or my company, but in more than 24 years in my career I have often seen such effort gone to waste, and I refuse to knock myself out for nothing. And at 44 years old, I'd rather relax a little and enjoy what I do as much as possible without striving for some higher illusive plateau.

On a side note, I'd like to see some more of you join the Chat in the evenings. It's always the same people, which is fine but we need some new opinions, etc.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 308
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2001 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I guess I don't have what most would consider a real job so I just sit here at home and read about Fieros without hurting anyone... Dang! I love my career choice! hehe

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2001 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I lied

------------------
This is a copy of RiceCooker's witty signature,
It makes me a lemming

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2001 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Good Morning everybody!

Back here at work, playing on the forum. Just thought I would let everybody know! Wednesday, June 13, 2001 8:27 AM CDT.

------------------

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2001 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Its very easy to leave a window open on this forum, and do other work, and poke your nose back in here from time to time.

not really a distraction any more that listening to the radio or a cd, or looking out the window for a few minutes, or having someone stop in your cubical for a few minutes and tell you about last nights exploits

the significant difference is, if I drive in to work and my car does something funny, or if I notice something about my fiero that I want to share, there are a couple hundred other fiero owners on here that I have instant access to, and there are zero in my office at work.

so sometimes, if something is on my mind about my car, i thinks its better to spew it out here, get if off my mind, and then get my energy back on my work.

also I have found (maybe its only me) but sometimes when I am working on something intently, if I am distracted for a moment and do something else for a few minutes, then an idea will come to me for the thing I was working on - almost as if the idea was there all along, but my brain has to shut up for a minute so the idea can 'speak up'.

this use to happen to me all the time taking finals in college. I would stew over one last question for the last ten minutes of the exam. and then when I walk out, get a can of pop or something, and start walking to my car, THEN "OH Kwrap!" then the answer would come to me.

If you locked me in a cubical with no distractions for 8 hours a day - I would get less done.

[Hows that for some thick rationalizing?]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2001 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Ken what the hell are you lecturing about now!
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2001 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
ouch! that went right though the spleen (c%
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2001 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock