ANYONE BLACK? by Jay
Started on: 06-01-2001 07:47 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: Indiana_resto_guy on 06-07-2001 11:22 PM
Jay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayClick Here to visit Jay's HomePageSend a Private Message to JayDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I have been to several Fiero fests and shows over the past 6 years and I noticed something. Me and my wife are one of only a handful of Black or ethnic people that own a Fiero and show it or belong to a club. Thought I would throw this out there and ask if anyone on the forum is ethnic. Or even better...where are your ancestors from? Don't want to start a whole race riot here, just thought it would help in putting a face to the names. I'm from Southern Italy (with North African and Arabic mixed in there) from a region called Calabria (It's the southern most part of the boot without going to the Island of Sicily). My wife was born in Granada W.I. but grew up in Trinidad & Tobago West Indies (The furthest Islands south in the Carribean, across from Venezuela) before coming to Canada. Anyone else want to share?

------------------
Jay
1986 Northstar GT
www.members.home.net/jaygrande

THE NORTHSTAR GIVES YOU A REAL KICK IN THE ASS!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i'm black, or african american. and please, no why can't you just be an american diatribes. i use either simply to describe myself as in this thread. if we met in person you'd figure it out and i'd just tell you i'm phil.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I was born in Holland, but I'm part Dutch, part Indonesian, and part Scottish (hence the last name).
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I am a cheap jew.... I even have the big nose! Always have been, always will be... Proud of it too... Gives me more vacation time too! Not to mention better food.

My car? I think it's an Italian/American mixture of things...

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
My great-great grandparents (on both sides) came from the Highlands of Scotland. (Same place the "Highlander" of movie and TV fame is from so watch out. I have a sword and I know how to use it. )

MM

85Josh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85JoshSend a Private Message to 85JoshDirect Link to This Post
German, English, Scots, and a little Cherokee thrown in for good measure. I, too have noticed that Fiero events seem to be fairly homogenous.

------------------
85 2M4(Lil' Bit)

HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2001 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
Irish, Scottish, English, Dutch, German, French, and Creek Indian in that order. Basically, I'm a mutt.

------------------
Sean W.
'84 SE 2M4 WS6 (restoration project to become daily driver)
'84 Sport Coupe ($150 running car)

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post06-01-2001 11:01 PM   Send a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
I tend to claim only my german & irish roots.. However, I much prefer to be called a fieroian..

------------------
Galen - 1988 Hawaiian Orchid Coupe Auto 4Banger - My Fiero Website
AIM: WookieeNC

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
Jay, there is a member of our local club that is black. He drives a 86 burgandy GT with automatic and NOS. sweet car. You'll have to come out to our cruise night on Wednesdays (over 500 cars) and meet some of the folks out here.
www.geocities.com/banditbalz

------------------
Silver 86 GT
completely stock,
completely fast!

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
My ancestors came from Germany and Scotland, but that was way back! My family has been living on the same ground in GA since 1829. That would mean some Cherokee mixed in over the years. Like just about all of us, I'm a mutt too! heheh

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
I've seen black guys driving Fieros. One was dropping off a girl at the building I worked at. Another passed me once with a For Sale sign on it. There was the gentleman I bought my parts car from. And just today I saw a black dude in what I think was an 85 GT. But none are in the local club here.

The more the merrier.

I'm a descendant of two Sullenger brothers who came to the U.S. from Ireland, but I don't know any more than that. In the Houston area, we're as much a minority as almost anybody else.

PFF
System Bot
danny boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for danny boySend a Private Message to danny boyDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Polish/Cherokee. Incidentally I'm also from West Virginia and I drive a truck for a living. Put that all together and stereotypically I am a Stupid alcoholic hillbilly lowlife.
Wow, no wonder I have issues.

------------------
don't push the A/c button.. it catches the car on fire

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Just your typical "Heintz 57" blend here...

------------------

spideyfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spideyfootSend a Private Message to spideyfootDirect Link to This Post
Earthling. My parents were Earthlings too.
Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayClick Here to visit Jay's HomePageSend a Private Message to JayDirect Link to This Post
Spideyfoot, I like that, but unfortunately not everyone feels the same way. "It 's who you are not where you went"
Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
File me under Pacific Islander. Chamoru - from the island of Guam.
I kind'a wonder though, as long as I've been living here in the Pacific N.W., if I've been losing a little 'pigment' due to the less than sunny weather.
The reason I say that is cuz the wife (she's Caucasian) has been noticing that I'm starting to get darker than she's used to seeing me, since the weather for this time of year is actually sunnier than normal.

Cruisin'

------------------

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
My pops is Armenian, born in Beirut.. moved here when he was 18 or something.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Russian/German here.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I was born in Canada, as were my parents.. relatives on my dads side are british and dutch, and my moms side of the family is scottish, german and american

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I'm Irish, Scottish, Indian (I think Wampanoag), German, Dutch, Welsh, French, Belgian, and English.

------------------
Jaime
84SE red
AOL IM: Jaygee79
Jaygee79's Web Page

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
Hey Coconut: Hafa Dai!
(Don't bother repying in Micronesian, cause that's all I know) I used to write letters to someone on Saipan, and always wanted to go there but never did.

So nobody feels left out, that's sorta like "Aloha".

PFF
System Bot
mbramble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbrambleSend a Private Message to mbrambleDirect Link to This Post
I spent 4 years on Guam. It was great. Beautiful beaches, great snorkeling and diving. Loved to go to fiestas and eat red rice and coconut crab!!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm just an American. Dn't know what kind, don't care. Just glad to be here.There is one black Fiero owner here in San Angelo that I've met at the junkyards and in the gro store.( he's always beating me to the good stuff at the junkyards) Paints his own cars, does a hell of a job for a backyard setup. I spent a week in Guam one night many years ago, still hurts just to think about it.
Don
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2001 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Maws side: Purebred Spanish.
Paws side: Hmm... Irish, German, British, dutch, as far as I know...

End result: Me, the handsome devil
I look slightly tanned all year, don't burn easy, and have crappy, stubborn ALMOST straight hair. Oh, and short legs, wide shoulders. Blood type, AB+.

Coconut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2001 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoconutSend a Private Message to CoconutDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cheever2,mbramble,and Don (maryjane)...
If you guys ever make it out to Tacoma, WA., let me know....I'll whip out the barbecue grill, pump up the jams, and get the Fiero fiesta rollin'! FieroGTgirl will get the red rice cookin' and the ayuyu (coconut crab) happening! I just happened to have a mini fiesta while you guys were replying to this thread yesterday. Us Chamorros have a notorious reputation for having just too good a time!
Good food, good friends, great laughs, you know the rest!
My own little taste of Guam right here in Washington state.
Still Cruisin'

------------------

[This message has been edited by Coconut (edited 06-03-2001).]

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2001 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
I hate to admit this, but... I'm human.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2001 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Im a second generation redneck.

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2001 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
John WOodman is black... another guy I met at the Daytona show 2 yrs ago is too, can't remember his name...

I start looking pretty black after gettin all greasy working on the Fiero though Actually, I'm Jewish and Russian.

terryk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2001 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for terrykSend a Private Message to terrykDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Mic.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, I'm American. Not to be a smart-aleck, but as far back as my family has traced our family tree, we were still in the US. I'm guessing Anglo/German heritage, but not sure.
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
i have one Black Fiero Se, one black Jeep Cherokee, one black Honda Passport and one RED Fiero GT.

oh yeah, and my great great great great grand uncle signed the declaration of independance!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT 5 speed
*Black '86 SE Automatic

PFF
System Bot
KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
I'm 50% German, 40% Irish, and 10% English.
In other words, I'm 100% WHITE.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
If you look at a detailed map of Luxemborg you will find the town of Kayl near the southern border. My ancestors settled in that area and the town was named for them. On my mom's side, I'm all German.

------------------

Dnyee's 88 Formula, Casey's 86GT, Wayne's 86GT.
We consider my wife as being "Fiero Challenged"

mblackwell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mblackwellSend a Private Message to mblackwellDirect Link to This Post
I saw a black guy parking a black Fiero at Meijer in Columbus today. Near Brice road. Was that any of you guys?
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2001 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, this is where it gets complicated. My skin is pretty light (white), but most of the time, i just think that they messed up my pigment when i came out. Not my fault right? Other than that, i am mostly Lithuanian and Polish. All poor ass Europeans.

------------------
Fuzz busters are for those who can't outrun the cops.

AIM: phool88fiero

Wade87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2001 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wade87GTSend a Private Message to Wade87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Chameleon Islander. In the winter I have pale skin, brown hair, and grey eyes. During the summer I have brown skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. I was born on Staten Island in NYC, my Father's side comes from an island off the coast of Finland and my Mother's side from the British Isles (Irish)But I do have a black 87 GT, a black 2001 Buell X1 Lightning and our local Fiero club President is Black.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2001 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
John Wudman visited our place last year. We had a pic of all of us with our Fieros posted on Pennocks not to long ago.
John has it posted on his web site also: www.thisisfun.com

One of the nicest guys you will ever meet!

Steve

------------------

http://www.kelleyfamilyfieros.homestead.com/index.html

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2001 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Scot, German, Native American.
We are who we are! Those who came to the Americas way back when, were the rejects of the world.
America is the mixing pot of earth, I just wish the rest of the earth will catch up with U.S.!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock