i need a cheap clipless bike pedal! by bHooper
Started on: 04-26-2001 12:43 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: bHooper on 05-08-2001 08:17 AM
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
if anyone has one good, cheap, SPD mountain bike pedal that they would like to get rid of... i could certainly use one!

i have a bad one that doesn't hold my foot in very well, it pops out everytime i neeed it to stay in!

thanks!
hoop

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cameron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CameronClick Here to visit Cameron's HomePageSend a Private Message to CameronDirect Link to This Post
mountain bike? nope sorry. I only got Racing bike clip-less pedals. I always prefered toe clips when I rode mountain bikes. I've had a few hairy rides that I would have been killed with clip-less. Once I got caught in a really deep rain groove while going down hill at 45 mph. Couldn't get out of it and it turned up ahead into a wall. Thought that was a bad idea so at speed I got off my pedal planted my foot, lifted the front wheel out of the groove and continued with out losing speed. The clipless shoes I have seen for mountain biking would be to slippery for that one. and dang that would have hurt.

oh well, hope you find some pedals, good luck.

------------------
Cameron
http://Fiero.NetMARC.com

LPR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LPRSend a Private Message to LPRDirect Link to This Post
You gotta get the nashbar catalog!!!! They are dirt cheap! I would sell you mine but I like them too much !

They even have a package deal with shoes, can't tell you off hand how much they are.

kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
what is wrong. Could be the cleat on your shoe is too worn, spring is broken or came out of adjustment, the tension.

email me what brand and i can probibly help you repair them. Cheap clipless cost lives. I have seen a couple of the cheaper brands break spindles or bend.
as for nashbar you can do a search for them on yahoo. good price, i use thier volleyball web site often aand am always happy with price and stuff they sell

kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post

kinboyatuwo

485 posts
Member since Jun 2000
camron,

if you buy good shoes you can ge any degree of traction.. Because they are just for it they usually have more than regular shoes. Cheap SPD shoes have no traction

good ones do

i have garne cobras

come with 2 toe spikes (steel 3/8")and they can grab

------------------
"Friends don't let friends drive four doors."

87 Duke, 235,000km

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2001 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair of ritchey SPD's you can have. Actually, I have 2 pairs so if somebody wants the other pair let me know. Pretty used, but still work good mechanically. But why would you want spd's anyways? Get a pair of Time ATAC's

The tension adjustment screw might have backed out of the plate on your pedal, and if that's the case you'll have to rebuild them just to get that screw back in.

As for toe-clips being easier to get out of than clipless... nope. After a month with clipless it'll become second nature. I don't even have to think about it, but I have been riding clipless for about 4 years now. All you have to do is rotate the heel of your foot outward. Of course, you will fall at least once while you're still learning. hehe. pretty funny, though. I have a pair of Diadora Chili's that I got 3 or 4 years ago.. 2 toe spikes, pretty agressive tread. Plenty of traction for walking up hills.. not that I'd ever have to do that..

While we're on the subject of mountain biking, anyone here race? I'm going to be racing sport class in the Minnesota State Championship Series. www.mnscs.com I think there's 2 pictures of me racing last year somewhere there.

[This message has been edited by Standard (edited 04-26-2001).]

N_Man
No longer registered
Report this Post04-27-2001 01:03 AM   Send a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Standard, doesnt evey mountain biker have a set of ritchey's that they just cant give away...
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2001 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Standard, are you sure you dont need the pair? I like that ATAC, but can't do anyting about iti at the moment (see the career changing thread).

You have email, standard!

Hoop

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2001 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure I don't need the pair. Actually, just took them off of my Kona full-suspension bruiser to put on a pair of Primo flat pedals. I mainly use the bike for urban assaults and just screwin' around, so the spd's were just a hindrance. Check out www.666bmx.com . Webpage our riding group is making about the local riding scene. Here's me:

Not the best pics but you get the idea

got your mail hoop

[This message has been edited by Standard (edited 04-27-2001).]

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2001 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Mike,

Thanks! I got your package today.. they are perfect!

hoop

mckay_lee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckay_leeSend a Private Message to mckay_leeDirect Link to This Post
nice to see that i am not the only one in this forum who is mtn bike crazy. you guys need to come to utah and try moab, or gooseberry mesa, their is some sweet riding in gooseberry if you are insane like me, Standard looks like he could hack it if he can do a little trials riding.
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I can hop around pretty good

That bottom picture is at a bad angle, looks like i'm just riding down the steps.. I actually cleared them. Had to do it like 3 times before they actually got a halfway-decent picture. Dropped off that ledge you can see on the right-hand side of the picture, too.

There'll hopefully be many more pictures at the website coming soon. The last few times we've gone urban assaulting nobody's had a camera. Kinda sucked, cause there was some sick stuff going on.

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
if i tried to do any of that... i would be over the bars and on my face in no time, flat!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock