Don't try this at home by danny boy
Started on: 03-16-2001 04:14 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 03-24-2001 05:05 AM
danny boy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for danny boySend a Private Message to danny boyDirect Link to This Post
Never use an electric sander outside when it's raining.Remember this, it just might save your life someday.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2001 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Also, never make toast in the shower.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2001 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
Dont change your belt while the car is running.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2001 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Never try to stop a fan with your tongue.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
dont use your garage door opener till you are clear out of the garage.
TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Direct Link to This Post
Never stick a metal object in the electrical socket to test if it is working

------------------
Josh

My pics

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Never buy a Fiero without getting a Haynes manual.
Eric_PA

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eric_PASend a Private Message to Eric_PADirect Link to This Post
I guess that's like trying to use a vac to clean your car in the wet driveway and get tired of the GFI kicking out. So you bypass it to only find out that it was doing its job from giving a little jolt here and there
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
And never,ever go to Burger King and ask for a Big Mac!
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
You should always wait at least a 1/2 hour after eating before you drive or ride in a Fiero.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Never check your tire-pressure while driving.
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Never stomp on the gas in reverse unless you're very skilled at driving backwards.. trust me on this one.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Have somebody take the sunroof glass
out while driving.
Big NO NO

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2001 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
If your up on ramps (to change oil or something), dont back off the ramps, car gets stuck
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Teeth are not an appropriate substitute for pliers.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KRMFiero:
If your up on ramps (to change oil or something), dont back off the ramps, car gets stuck

oh man! that has to suck. almost happened to me last time i had mine on ramps. i was a little too touchy with the gas getting it up on them.

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (project car?)
85 Coupe (parts car)
86 SC (daily driver)

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
damn i knew i joined the forum for a reason, all the practical advice my mommy and daddy never instilled in me as a kid
(since i did try to stick a fork into an electrical socket!)
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Don't throw down a fifth of scotch before operating your table saw.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
If you're heading towards a snowbank, don't hesitate before you attempt to avoid it... each second you wait gets you closer to burying your car in a pile of snow.......

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
oh yes and one more thing ive learned through experience, dont walk in front of your friends brother when he is carrying a bow and arrow because those things DO stick in your forehead.
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2001 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
Never hit a fly on a friend's head with a hatchet.
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2001 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Don't disconnect spark plug wires from the distributor while the car is running... no matter how hard you try, you'll never move faster than electricity.. I got zapped 3 or 4 times before I learned that one

Don't grab an exhaust manifold to see if it's hot.. you know it is

MontanaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2001 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MontanaFieroSend a Private Message to MontanaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Don't check to see why the fan isn't moving while using a timing light . (cause it really is moving)

------------------

TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2001 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Direct Link to This Post
This is one of my favorite threads of all time. I hope we keep adding to it. We could write a survival guide and sell it to get more Fiero parts.

------------------
Josh

My pics

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2001 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Never keep change in the ashtray of your Fiero, you know it will just fall in the shifter.

Don't change sparkplugs in a Fiero with spoiler on a windy day outside. You will get bonked in the head.

Dont clean a bug zapper while it's turned on.

------------------
Jeff
AOL IM : Only2xsess
*For Sale*
$2000obo

Visit My Website

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2001 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
Also, never make toast in the shower.

When I was about 3 or 4, I filled our toaster full of water. Does that count?
My mom was NOT happy.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2001 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
always remember to release the parking brake, b4 putting the car into gear.

i want tell, who on the forum, doesn't know how to release her parking brake

no sir, i want tell you who she is. she would be soooo embarassed

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT
KYB's, Eibach's,
Poly Bushings

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2001 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!! Are guesses permitted?
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2001 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
personel monologue: "i'm not saying, 'cuz she's got plenty of stories to tell, herself"

did i really just say that out loud, or was i thinking that?

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
A blender even on low, is not a jacuzzi for a hamster.
danny boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for danny boySend a Private Message to danny boyDirect Link to This Post
Never laugh at a guy that just hit his fingers with a hammer- especially if he still has hold of the hammer.
PFF
System Bot
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Do not put a clipboard on the dash above the steering wheel. It will fall and jam your steering, while trying to mak a turn.

My friend did this when he was driving my 85 GT at the warehouse I work at. We have a yard where we park containers, and its shaped like an oval. Every once and awhile me and him would go out to see who could get the fastest times around the yard. He was driving hard into a corner the clipboard fell jammed the steering wheel. He locked the brakes up, heading straight for a container. The car stopped, with the nose under the container, about 6 inches from the windsheild. Thats the last time we did that.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
NEVER Armorall your dragbike seat. It will knock your teeth out on the gas tank.
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
hoop: we are all dying to know who this girl is. And maybe they would like some tips on putting a car on crappy jackstands

Ah yes i got one: never ever take the rims off your car and keep them upright. Always lay them flat. They will fall down right on the good side.

sorry hoop, i'm having one of those days.

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
thats ok, i can take as easy as i can dish it out.

are you taking the car to the stereo shop that i recomended?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
mmmmm let me guess......LOL. wondered why she asked me how to get scratches off her rims......

Originally posted by bHooper:
always remember to [b] release the parking brake, b4 putting the car into gear.

i want tell, who on the forum, doesn't know how to release her parking brake

no sir, i want tell you who she is. she would be soooo embarassed

[/B]

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
hoop- i took it to custom hi fi, they did a good job, for 87 bucks, but they chipped some of my interior paint off, so more touch ups. not a big deal, better than paying best buy $120 to chip it up probably worse.
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
you definately took it to the right place. i wouldn't go to best buy to have them install 2 cups and a piece of string on a bigwheel!

sorry about the paint chip.

did you get a chance to look at all the nice Eclipse head units when you were at CCHF?... ::droooooooollllllllllllll::

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT
KYB's, Eibach's,
Poly Bushings

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2001 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
i perused the head units, but didn't pay much attention. most of the time i half slept on a plastic chair. i was going to have them recover my sub box in black but i just got so bored i had to leave there.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2001 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Don't eat yellow snow.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock