Started on: 03-12-2001 06:52 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: DaRkLoRD on 03-13-2001 04:08 PM
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I rented the stand, right? It's about a 6-7 hour movie. i watch the first 3 video tapes with no problem, and on the 4th tape, with about an hour to go, it gets all screwy. So I take it back to Rogers, and there like, you can have a 7 day rental! "I want to finish the movie" "I'm sorry, we only have that copy". "Can I get a refund or a coupon for another rogers video" "I'm sorry, we can't do that" Argh!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO PAY another $5 to watch the last 45 minutes of a movie! Thanks for listening to me vent.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JBGehling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JBGehlingSend a Private Message to JBGehlingDirect Link to This Post
How did you like it? I thought it was pretty dang boring, though I'm a big fan of the book. Most of the reasons that the books are so long in the first place is developing characters through their thoughts and such. In the movie, it just comes over as boring glances and BAD specical effects.

Oh well

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I think it's pretty damn good. I don't remember any special effects though (well, besides Flagg morphing, but thats about it). If I could only find the end and watch it all. I guess I'll have to pay blockbuster prices tommorow
KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
I thought the Stand was a very good movie(Only viewed the T.V. version though).
Sorry about the misfortune.
They should have givin you a creadit for a free rental though. I used to work a video store, and we had to give customer's a free rental if there was any defetion what so ever.
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
Got any other video stores around? I wouldn't go to that one anymore.
Sorry.
I didn't like the ending anyway.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Which one is The Stand? Is that the one where the "monster" turns into a big corny spider at the end? Sorry, I guess I'm not a real big Steven King fan.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2001 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK, that sucks. If it's a chain, write a letter to the main office. You might get a bunch of free rentals or something.

Boomer, The Stand was the ultimate showdown between good and evil. I believe the one that you're referring to is "IT".
I consider both these to be the two best Stephen King books I've read.

The only Stephen King movie that I've ever seen that did justice to the book was The Shining. I think that was due to Jack Nicholson. Nobody plays a better psychotic.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2001 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Another good S. Movie is the Langoliers. Really freaky in a twilight zone sort of way.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2001 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
THey did give me a free rental, but it doesn't help me. I want to see the end of the stinkin movie! I wrote the head office, waiting for free stuff to end up in my e-mail box (wishful thinking?
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2001 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

JohnnyK

11290 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Rented it from another place (GOD I HATE PAYING $5 TO WATCH THE LAST 30 MINUTES OF A MOVIE!!) But I thought it was a really great movie. Anyone who has 6 or 7 hours to burn should watch it.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2001 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BN Boomer:
Sorry, I guess I'm not a real big Steven King fan.

Aww.. I thought everyone loved me.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave