Started on: 02-12-2001 09:59 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: FieroJoe on 02-13-2001 10:53 AM
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
My friend as a 91 Camaro 3.1 with Auto o/d tranny (forget which one) It has a VSS speedo on it, not a cable operated one. It takes like 15 min to have the speedo work then it reacts slow. Also the odometer and cruise do not work. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Is it a bad bround? Is the VSS bad in the tranny and it just works when warmed up? I really don't think it is the speedo head since both the speedo and odometer do not work, but then both do. Any ideas or help. I would think the VSS for this is similiar to a Fiero.

Hank is Here

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroJoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2001 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJoeSend a Private Message to FieroJoeDirect Link to This Post
If it only works after the car has warmed up, and always when it is warm, then I would suggest the VSS. If it was a bad ground, you could have it coming on anytime, whether the car was warm or not. I say that because if it was a ground or any wire of some sort, it would eventually jiggle around from vibrations in the car to make a connection. Try replacing the VSS, that might be the culprit.

just my thoughts.

------------------
FieroJoe
c311t@yahoo.com
AIM: Fiero87311, Snowboarder0311

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay