Things to see while in Toney, Alabama by 87ECO5
Started on: 02-12-2001 02:06 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Raydar on 02-22-2001 02:14 PM
87ECO5

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
I'm heading down this Friday to hand my 4-cylinder car over to the man himself. In 1-2 weeks, he'll give it back to me with two additional cylinders!

Question - besides The Fiero Factory, what else is worth visiting while down in Northern Alabama?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Space and rocket center (NASA) is just a few miles down the road outside of Huntsville. I haven't been there in years, but they used to have a museum with some pretty cool stuff if you're into that sort of thing.
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Anyone in the area interested in getting together Saturday morning, the 17th, for breakfast or something? I'd love to meet more people from the forum!

We'll be staying at a hotel outside of Huntsville and probably won't be leaving for home until 10:00 or so.

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
Lake Guntersville. and go fishing... uum in Chattanooga, Lookout MTN.. Ruby Falls, Rock City... thats all on the way to and Fro.. and the Tennessee aquarium.
MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2001 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
In Huntsville: Space and Rocket Center, Intergraph (If you're into that.)

Fairly close: Little River Canyon ( http://www.nps.gov/liri/index.htm )

[This message has been edited by MrPBody (edited 02-12-2001).]

PAUL88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2001 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL88GTSend a Private Message to PAUL88GTDirect Link to This Post
87EC05:

Not much to see in Toney other than the Fiero Factory, but there are lots of fun things to do and see in the Huntsville area. The link below covers most of them:
http://www.huntsville.org/

The ones that I encourage visitors to see are
1) Space and Rocket Center including tour of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (takes at least half a day)
2) Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg Tennessee (about 40-50) miles from The Fiero Factory. Great tour even if you don't consume their product. A historic landmark. Tour is free and takes a couple of hours. No, they don't provide samples. It's a dry county (no alcohol sold). The little town square is kinda neat.

Unfortunately, I am not available Saturday morning because of family committments, but I can possibly meet you on the return trip. Send me an e-mail before you return.

Have a safe trip.
Paul

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2001 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to visit the Space and Rocket Center.
They have an SR-71 spy plane , a standing Saturn 5, I-MAX movie for starters. you can easily spend a day there.
You will see more fieros on the road in Huntsville than probably any other city. May be due to the Fiero Factory being near by.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2001 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Scott, thanks for starting this thread! It seems my fiance' and I will be going to Toney, Al for our honeymoon

Wonder what we will be doing?

hehehehe

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT
KYB's, Eibach's,
Poly Bushings

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2001 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
PAUL88GT - thanks for the kind wishes. Now looks like I won't be getting it back until the swap meet in April. Are you planning to attend that?

bHooper - glad I could help, Brian! When are you going?

everyone - thanks for the information.

[This message has been edited by 87ECO5 (edited 02-15-2001).]

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2001 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
as we have now decided to "allope" (basically get married here, but not invite anyone, or spend any money), we will be travelling the country for about 2 weeks, after that. the best thing was, that she even said it would be nice to stop by and see Ed and Rosie! Damn, am I a lucky man or what?!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT
KYB's, Eibach's,
Poly Bushings

PAUL88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2001 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL88GTSend a Private Message to PAUL88GTDirect Link to This Post
87:
I will definitely attend the swap meet. I look forward to meeting you and other forum members there. I attended last year also.

bhooper:
Congrats on your wedding. I can think of more exiting places than Toney to have a honeymoon. One thing for sure. You will have peace and quiet there.

Huntsville is good place to work and raise a family. One thing it is not is a party town. Not much night life to choose from. Probably a few more Fieros than normal thanks to Ed.
Paul

PFF
System Bot
PAUL88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL88GTSend a Private Message to PAUL88GTDirect Link to This Post
87EC05:
I was at the Fiero Factory this past Monday. Which car was yours? I saw a white coupe and and a Burgundy GT with Ohio plates. Also saw a new 3.4 engine on a hoist. Ed was picking up a car so I did not get to see him.
Paul
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
The white coupe. Was the car inside? Had anything been done to it?

Current plans are to pick it up at the swap meet. However, I may head down next month to get it. If I were to head down on the weekend of, say, 3/24, would you be interested in hooking up for breakfast or something?

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Ever seen Deliverance?? Stay away.... Stay far away...
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
wasn't deliverence in West Virginy? If so, that would mean stay away from 007Doug!

squeel like a pig! suuuuuueeeeeee!!!!!

jk, doug.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I don't know where it was. All i know is it was full of rednecks, hence, Alabama.. (oops, I said that out loud)
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2001 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Things to see while in Toney Alabama?

You are in luck! The Fiero Factory is in Toney Alabama!

Right now the first thing that pops into mind is Talledega Superspeedway. Not sure if they have a track museum and not sure how far that's from Toney? Just an idea...

PAUL88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2001 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PAUL88GTSend a Private Message to PAUL88GTDirect Link to This Post
87:
Your car was still in the lot. It did not appear as though they had started on it yet. It looked sharp by the way, very sporty. The 3.4 I saw was going into a green coupe. 3/24 would be OK.

bhooper: Deliverance was filmed in North Georgia.

JohnnyK: I will not even waste my time responding to your comments. The rednecks that live in Hunsville (near Toney) put a man on the moon in 1969 and have designed and built almost every major element of the Space Shuttle and International Space Station.

Tigger: Talledega is about 2 hours south of the Fiero Factory. They do have a museum.

Paul

[This message has been edited by PAUL88GT (edited 02-22-2001).]

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2001 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Paul, your right about the filming. But actually, part of it was filmed in south western NC, not to far from Franklin, Sylva area.

hoop

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2001 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Strange that someone who likes to start barroom brawls calls other folks rednecks. Heh.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock