Started on: 01-31-2001 11:58 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: JohnnyK on 02-02-2001 12:38 PM
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Sigh, still dreaming about my late 60's fastback mustang... Ahh... Or a Boss if I could find one for cheap. 351, built to my specs, painted to my specs, with a whoppin can of nitrous in the back. I can't wait.. Got a question about nitrous though, if you can't use it unless you are at WOT, how can you use it off the line while driving stick? (Have to let off to shift)?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Well, you don't use it off the line, unless you like shattered clutches and flywheels. Only go to WOT once the clutch is fully engaged. I think most people with high-horse V8's on n20 don't use it until second gear, otherwise there's too much tire roasting going on. Or you can just get a progressive nitrous controller, gradually eases up the nitrous dosage to keep wheelspin to a minimum.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
So does the nitrous shot only last a fraction of a second? I had the impression it sprayed for a few. And if that is the case, you have to let off the gas to switch gears, in which case you would jsut be wasting the nitrous?
Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
The nitrous will spray as long as you're at WOT. There's a switch you can put either under the pedal or mount on the throttle body so it's only activated at WOT. When you let off from WOT the nitrous flow is shut off. It's not good for the engine to run nitrous at less than full throttle, from what I've heard. Really bad if you had the nitrous going with a closed throttle.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2001 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Ahh! This is starting to make sense now. So if I engaged it in 2nd gear and it started spraying, then i let off the throttle to shift, it would stop spraying. But, when I shifted to 3rd and floored it again, would it resume spraying? (To it's 100hp shot or whatever it was set to?)... I "think" that all makes sense.
Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2001 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Yep, you got it!

Those horsepower ratings on the kit are based on an engine in good shape without too many mods. If you built an engine specificaly for nitrous, you'd be able to get more power from the same kit than if you just slapped nitrous on a worn engine.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2001 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Was planning to rebuild this engine anyways.. Going down to talk to young frank, a nearby mechanic. I'm not sure how this certify thing works if I want to sell my car. I want to get it checked today, to see if it needs anything, but then I'll need to get it certified right after I sell it, and I don't want to pay for certification twice?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock