Started on: 01-25-2001 08:36 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: mrfixit58 on 01-26-2001 08:40 AM
mrfixit58

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I was just wondering if any of our California members are having to run their computers off of batteries?

Roy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I heard a Motel 6 commercial over the radio this morning...

"...and we'll leave the light on for you. Offer not valid in California."

From blurbs of what I've heard on the news, there's talk that the energy problem might have been caused by government deregulation, go figure.

I wonder if there's evidence that California will finally fall into the ocean soon, and the problem will just go away? j/k

p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
I heard one place blame it on the Internet.

Soon it'll be taking out the garbage and bringing me my sandwhich.

------------------
-=-=-=[ p4n1c ]=-=-=-
"Each passing day, every passing face seems like such a blur"
- The Offspring(Million Miles Away)

[This message has been edited by p4n1c (edited 01-25-2001).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Just wondering. I work for a power company here in Florida and all we've been hearing about for the last 10 years is de-regulation. Every utility in the country has been watching California.

Unfortunatly, their lack of available power isn't due to solely to just deregulation. It's mostly due to the envronmentalists and the sympathetic politicians. They have made it too difficult and too expensive to build anything. Don't even mention nuclear power.

I guess to help them out, we should all pray for a hurrican to blow through so all the environmentally frendly wind generators can pump up the mega-watts.

Roy

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Roy,
Where do you work?
What do you do?
I work for Southern Company in Atlanta.
We've been preparing for de-reg for about 5-6 years now, but California has screwed it up so badly that I don't expect it to happen here anytime soon. That and the GA gas de-reg debacle.
BTW, did you know that Calif still has price caps? Doesn't matter what the Power Co's have to pay, they can't pass it on the the customer. Some de-reg, eh?
I place most of the blame for California's situation on the folks whe wouldn't let new plants be built. Just an uneducated guess.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
A combination of factors, I've heard, including power producers who didn't want to fork-over the bucks to build new plants, crazy growth, bad weather, grumpy environmentalists, and expensive fuel. Supposedly, the state government has been telling producers for five years that they don't have enough reserve capacity.

But what do I know? Just that my December gas bill is up about 50% after deregulation.

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2001 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
I just want to let you all know that everything is just fine out here in California, our Governor in right now online taking bids from power suppliers. He has assured us that there is no need to panic, and this little problem will @$%!!@!$% !#$!#$% !1341 2……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2001 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Raydar,

I work for TECO Energy - Tampa Electric Company. Going on 17 years. The company seems to be doing good. It was rated as a top 400 company by some stock mag. The stock price has gone from $18 to ~$28 a share in 2000. Not bad. Looks good for my 401K.

Roy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock