Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Nation held hostage by recount... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Nation held hostage by recount... by deceler8
Started on: 11-09-2000 03:00 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: Oreif on 11-15-2000 11:40 AM
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Damm close election...Florida will probably be decided by less than a thousand votes.

If Gore had won his home state of Tennessee, he would have won it on Tuesday night with 271 electoral votes. Bush would have conceded, and that would have been it.

Kinda sounds like the Democrats rounded up a bunch of folks on life support down in Florida and just told them to vote for the second guy on the ballot. Anyone with a sincere interest in the process would have checked their ballot prior to submitting it and would have asked for another one if they felt they had screwed it up.

I've never had a problem with the punch ballot...or the "arrow" ballot...it only takes a second or two to look it over.

Really surprising that the Dems are the ones claiming voter fraud...looks like Gore will come up a hundred cartons short in his quest for the White House.

And the longer this goes on...Markets are falling...Just wait for the nonsense from Iraq or from the Palestinians trying to capitalize on this.

I think the Electoral College is an institution that should probably go away, but imagine how screwed up this election would be were it not for the Electoral College...

Gore presently leads the popular vote by about 75,000 votes out of 100 million cast...if this election were determined by popular vote, there would have to be a nationwide recount. And there were plenty of close contests where Gore won by only a few thousand votes.

If this still isn't decided by the time Congress reconvenes in January, the House will determine who our next President is. And since the House is controlled by the Republicans, and Bush won 29 (possibly 30) states, he will likely prevail in that unlikely instance.

What a way to begin a new millennium.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I think the entire election system needs to be overhauled, as well as the public made more aware of the issues. Less bashing the other candidates, more rational debates and completely clear statements about each candidate's position on issues. I think it would also be beneficial to see details of their plans for any intended changes to government or social programs, eg. health care.

for example, if everyone knew exactly what Mike Harris was planning to do to Ontario schools, would the election have turned out the same?

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
George W. Bush will be the 43rd President of the United States, without question. 53 of 67 counties have been recounted in FL and Bush holds a 787-vote lead. The disputed counties (Palm Beach, Volusia, Broward, Dade) have been recounted already, and most of the absentee ballots are military personnel among whom Bush enjoys strong support.

And as for all those fools who punched the wrong hole on their ballots, the legal precedent is this: Once you've voted, your vote stands - period. I'm sure a lot of Clinton voters would have liked to change their minds during the Lewinsky scandal.

I fear the point of all this Democratic hand-wringing is to cast a shadow over Bush's presidency. The Democrats will proceed with their lawsuits and drag them out as long as possible in an attempt to illegitimize Bush's administration. Bush will have to perform impeccably and hope for a strong economy if he hopes to be reelected in 2004.

No matter what happens, no good will come out of this.

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
There's speculation that Clinton will step forward and ask that Gore concede...assuming the Florida recount stands.

Gore distanced himself from Clinton during this election...is this how Clinton gets back at him ?

Also gets Gore out of the way for a Hillary run in 2004...I wonder how many Democrats are looking at what's happening in Florida and asking if they really want to be a part of it.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
The thing that kills me is all the stupid old people who voted for Buchannan instead of Gore, SUPPOSEDLY. If you can't tell a freakin arrow pointing to the candidate is who you are voting for, I don't think you should be voting. Even if they did make that mistake they can go to the poll officer and ask for another ballot to fix it.

And they let these people drive...

------------------
Jeff
'88 GT t-top 3.4
Baltimore, MD

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the people who are unable to read a bollot crack me up. We had another transportation bond bill up for election on top of the ballot where all these items are for the past 30+ years I've been voting. The news was interviewing people who couldn't see it, didn't know where it was. It was in front of there face. Low IQ of the voter...Hillary got elected to the senate. Well its only for four years, she'll be off to higher office in 2004.

The bond issue went down to defeat. Our state representative want to borrow money to pay off previous campaign contributors with some additional taxpayer paid pork. And NYS carrying the highest debt load in the nation. What a bunch of crooked elected officials.

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
When you're in school, you're invited to check your answers BEFORE you hand in your test. If you don't, you suffer the consequences.

Same lesson applies here.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
They just showed us the punch-cards in question here on tv. First thing that went through my mind was "how stupid can you be?".

I really can't see how this could be confusing to *anyone*. You have a name, you have an arrow, and you have a punch-hole.

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Cliff
How stupid can people be? Why do they put a sign on a lawn mower saying "Do not put hand in discharge chute while blade is turning"
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Gore is just going to pi$$ and moan about this whole thing until he either gets his way, or Gov. Bush receives the presidential position, which he rightfully deserves. Just another reason Gore disgusts me! I could go on and on, but I'm sure others will say what I'm thinking.

Phil, that's good, I like that!

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, why is that on lawn mowers?
Signed, Three Fingered Louie.

I don't really care about whether the democrats try to illegitimize Bush's presidency or not. The republicans control the senate and the house.

Poor Bush, though. The economy is already slowing down, stocks are dropping, and HE will get the blame for it. Not his fault oil prices shot up just before he was elected. Not his fault Greenspan perhaps tightened the money supply a little too much.

Yeesh, Hilary Clinton in 2004. At least we'll have a real MAN in the White House.

PFF
System Bot
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
I think the entire election system needs to be overhauled, as well as the public made more aware of the issues. Less bashing the other candidates, more rational debates and completely clear statements about each candidate's position on issues. I think it would also be beneficial to see details of their plans for any intended changes to government or social programs, eg. health care.

Wake up. You're dreaming. The liberal media won't let that happen. It that were possible they would have a REAL debate, where one person has 2 minutes to say what they want and the other gets to rebut, then vice-versa. But no, they get dumb reporters' questions, and don't even get serious about those.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Many of you are asking how these people can be so stupid, for not being able to follow an arrow and punch the correct spot on the ballot. You say you saw a picture of it on TV and say that you could have handled it. Many of these people are low income, many do not have a high school education and many more are elderly. No excuses, but everyones vote should count. We shouldn't decide who's vote should count and who's vote should not. We are not talking about 20 or 30 whiney Gore supporters here, we are talking about thousands and thousands.

What you are either forgetting or didn't hear correctly, was that the punch holes apparently didn't "line" up to the arrows. When the voters punched the hole for the arrow they wanted, it didn't line up correctly, and so many ended up punching the next one down due to the not exact postioning which ended up being for Buchannon.

The statements being made by the Republican reps about the ballot being published earlier in the paper and thus had plenty of time for people to say if they found it confusing or not, are nicely not mentioning the punch hole problem. It wasn't so much the butterfly layout that was confusing, but the fact that it wasn't until later when the public actually went to vote, that they discovered the problem of the postioning not being exact. These many thousands of voters had no way of knowing about that problem until they actually went to vote.

Granted they should have gone and said something, instead of just repunching it again in another attempt to hit the spot they actually wanted. But hey, people do stupid things.

Just my 2 factual cents

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2000 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I have been watching this for the few days its been on, with my girlfriend.

She wants gore to win, i want Bush, or nader cause he doesn't like those GM brakes from the 70s?

Anyway, the people who voted wrong are morons. I saw it 5 times on the news and it points with an "arrow" to the hole you punch in for the president you love, and they also said that illinois uses the same type of voting card and two other states. What pisses me off are the florida protesters bitching about how they voted wrong, and they should get another chance. I also told my girlfriend look at illinois, 90% of the people cant drive, and she knows that cause shes from michigan. When i was working as a cashier yesterday, i had to help a customer, in her 30s, to subtract and multiply for her so she can figure out if she got her things on sale. it was one of those 3 for $5 deals. 90% of items the customer grabs and thinks its on sale are not, because they dont take the time to read the sign, 10% is store error. So i can believe 13,000?? people voted wrong, and my girlfriend said thats bogus. Oh well.

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
In spite of who I prefer to win, Bush and his people have been bad sports thru the whole affair. For once I think the democrats have behaved and reacted reasonably, with patience & maturity. Very unusual for me to agree with them. BUT neither of the two sides have said anything about whether they would be good citizens and support the other guy as their (our) president if he wins.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Let's try this again.

"the people who voted wrong are morons. I saw it 5 times on the news and it points with an "arrow" to the hole you punch in for the president you love"

1) Your "arrow" argument is silly and shows that you are not as "informed" as you think. You should try not only watching next time, but listening. This wasn't a simple look at the ballot, follow the arrow and then pencil mark your choice in. The form slides into a special template section and then you have to punch the spot pushing the "punch" tool through the template that makes it punch the hole for the spot that the arrow was pointing too on the paper ballot "underneath". The voters, thousands and thousands of them, are stating that the template didn't line up exactly, so they ended up punching the hole next to it. I find it amazing that the morons running the booths, didn't catch a clue to what was happening and try to fix it ASAP. Many voters have stated that they brought this to the attention at that time to the election people at the booths, who basically did nothing. Who are the real morons here?

"..and they also said that illinois uses the same type of voting card and two other states."

2) The template that Illinoise and the other states used lined up correctly, so the spot you wanted to punch actually got punched. Only Florida screwed up the lining up of the ballot and template. Now because of this, thousands of registered voters will possibly not have their votes count.

Also, the lady who designed the "butterfly" ballot, has now retained a lawyer. She has said through her new lawyer, that her butterfly ballot design "is" legal. It was the design of the template in the booth that was flawed, causing her ballot to not allign properly within it when the voters tried to punch the correct spot.

Don't get upset at the voting people because the morons who created a poorly designed ballot didn't have the brain cells to work with the booth design people, to actually make sure the stupid thing alligned properly in the voting punch plate.

I wasn't really thrilled with any of the choices for President this election, but I believe in this case these people got kinda screwed. Put blame where blame is due. Thousands and thousands of people can't all be wrong. Give me a break.

BTW: I was watching CSPAN earlier, and there were also many Bush supporters who were also upset that they believed that they had the same punch problem, and want their vote to count too! Gore's possible votes are getting the news coverage right now only because he is seen as being the more hurt by this fact right now. If later Bush looks like he is going to lose, I am sure his reps will make sure this fact is brought more to the forefront.

The one problem I see though, is if they do decide to do a whole new revote, those who did vote for Buchanon or Nader, will properly vote now for either Bush or Gore. That is changing history in a very different way. I'm not sure I have heard a good way to handle this yet, but I do know that I am more uncomfortable with just throwing out the votes alltogether if the punch plate problem is true, than a possible revote.

Once again, my informed 2 cents worth

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2000 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Informed 2 cents huh. Well must be using that fuzzy math again.

What is so hard to follow. Look at that Kelley. If, as your informed 2 cents say, the ballot was not punching the right hole, how come on the www.msnbc.com website, it says that lawsuits were filed based on "CONFUSION" of the ballot, not the machine punching the wrong holes. No where does it talk about the problem with the machines.

As Phil, Larry B, and just about everyone else on this forum agree that you must be a total moron to mess it up. I don't care what type of informed liberal B.S. kelley has been listening too, but the machines were fine, its the people that were screwy.

It seems some people have to be difficult and disagree all the time.

The fact is, a sample ballot was sent out weeks before the election. If anything was wrong with this, they had more then enough time to question it, both parties. The ballot was designed by a Democrat, specifically for old people.

Please try to debate this Mr. Great Informed One....

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Well.. I knew I had to get in here and see what everybody had to say about this one! I really do love everything I read on this forum. There is a nice mix or knowledge, humor and bull$hit all mixed in just enough to make it fun...

Here's my 2 cents worth. Ya'll can decide which of the above mentioned categories it falls into...

What I have read in this forum falls right in line with what I have seen on TV since the election started... You have Democrats whining and pointing fingers, trying to figure out some way they can say that they won. And you have Republicans saying get over it, better luck next time.

Now I am a registered Democrat and come from a very long line of yellow dog Democrats down in GA. My family has been in politics for over 100 years and some of them worked for Carter as both Governor and President. Now my family is not too happy because I have voted Republican in presidential elections since I was old enough to vote (I'm 36 now).

I have a Bush/Cheney button on my website with a caption beneath that I added, "Vote for character, the rest will fall into place"

The Democrats in this election have shown the lack of character that I expected from their candidate. From trying to hold the polls open in St Louis, to all of this recounting and impending law suits in Florida.

The only thing the Democrats can say about Bush's actions is that he is going on as if he has won. What's wrong with that? At least he is not tearing our country apart with all of this ridiculous stuff. Has anyone looked at the stock market?

There is the complaint about those people in Florida that 'may have' messed up on the ballot... the ballot that was designed by Democrats. What makes a person hours later go back and think he may have messed up on something? When you walk out of the booth thinking you voted for Gore, why later on think 'Oh my, I think I missed?' Obviously, a ploy to get a revote because the Democrats hope they can pick up the votes that they lost to Nader in Florida.

I guess no one heard about all of the people in Tennessee that didn't even get to vote because the DMV had a foul up. These people checked the box on the form when they got their driver's license that was supposed to also register them as voters. But it didn't work that way. The DMV was supposed to give them an extra form to fill out, but guess what? They didn't. Now Bush won TN. Seems like if he wanted to be petty he could call for a revote in TN so these people could cast their votes.

And doesn't it also seem funny that Gore can't even carry his home state, or Clinton's? I would almost have voted for Gore to keep him from coming back to Tennessee!

OK, I'm almost done. You know what I am going to suggest if the push on with this thing about re-voting in Florida? Let's just scrap the whole thing and let the whole country vote again! That would be the only thing that is truly fair. And keep the media out of it! Let's vote one day and wake up the next day and find out who won!

Bush would still end up in the White House... for one reason - character. And that comes from a Southern Democrat.

And that's all I got to say about that...

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
This is, by far, the most rediculas thing to happen to America. Lets break this down.

1.) The butterfly ballets were confusing.
Ok, so someones confused, thats fine. When you go to vote, and you have a problem (like not being able to figure out what hole to punch) you ASK FOR HELP. You will then get help...not by one person, but by TWO. One from each party. They will assist you in anything you want to know. Did you know that if for some reason you go to vote and you cant get out of your car (for whatever reason), that TWO people (again, one from each party) will come to you and let you vote from your car.
There was a law passed in 1974 that states that if you have a problem, complaint, question, whatever about a balet, that you may contest it BEFORE you vote. AFTER you vote, all bets are off! Once you punch that card (no matter what you put) you cant complain (legally).

2.) Once again, the ballets were "confusing".
Answer/comment: The ballets were both DESIGNED and APPROVED by Democrats.

3.)The votes were so close, that a recount must be made.
Answer/comment: In Florida and some other states, true. Recount until your hearts content. (And by the way, history shows that recounts didnt change the result).

4.) A Democratic leader (his name temp. escapes me) said that he saw voters "wailing and hysterical" comming out of the poles because they believed that they voted for the wrong person.
Answer/comment: Ok, voting is very serious business...but do you think people were actually "wailing and hysterical" comming out of the poles...lol, I think not. Even Larry King, whos about as liberal as they come, laughed at that comment and said he found that very hard to believe.
Once again, if refer to above in regards to "being confused" about a ballet.

5.) Due to the "confusion", some people should be allowed to re-vote.
Answer/comment: The term "re-vote" is not even a term...or a word. Why? Because there is NO SUCH THING, its ILLEGAL. Americans vote ONCE every four years...you dont KEEP voting until you recieve the outcome you want. Its absolutly impossible (to re-vote), so dont even try. Complain, moan, belly ache, riot, whatever, its simply NOT going to happen.

6.) Some people were discriminated against.
Answer/comment: Would you expect anything less to be brought up by the "reverend" Jessie Jackson. Who invites this guy to everything anyway?

Listen, being Republican or Democrat dosnt mean anything in this situation. Its simply the LAW AND COMMON SENSE. The difficult part is trying to explain that (common sense) to these people.
This is so typical in this day and age...nobody wants to take responisibility for their own actions (such as "voting for the wrong person")..they simply want to blame someone else for their screw ups.
People, the votes have been made, Bush won (barely, but none the less)...go with it.
This whole situation is actually very frightening...it seems some people want to bend/ break/ ignore the rules and laws so that it suits their own needs.
I would have to think that even most Democrats would have to admit that this is absolulty rediculous.

Oh yeah, for those people who claim to have been "confused" by the ballets..maybe voting shouldnt be their biggest concern right now.

RaeQwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaeQwanClick Here to visit RaeQwan's HomePageSend a Private Message to RaeQwanDirect Link to This Post
Warning: first of all let me say, I dont want any flames to me cuz I tried to bring a lil smile to ya'lls faces in this very funny & trying time. okie..

Oh My God I Voted For The Wrong PERSON!!!!!

Wait a second, now wait a second, I dont live in FL. ooops, I didn't even vote (bush won NC, I would have voted for bush, no biggie) but let me complain and moan and try to jerk ya'll around just becuz. I wanted to see what it felt like to be a gore supporter. I am not saying that all Gore supporters are bad ppl. but there was a guy that called into cspan after they said Bush won, and started quoting from the bible (revalations) calling Bush the devil, not A devil but THE devil. I mean for real people, we all know the devil's term as president is about to run out. Cigar anyone?

------------------

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I think it's pretty arrogant of Bush and all other Republicans who say Al Gore should concede early. There are still many more absentee ballots that need to be counted no matter for whom we speculate they might be for. Bush must think that we don't care if every vote is counted, and in a sense, that every vote doesn't count.

This isn't the landslide win that we normally get, from the looks of it now, the decision of who will be the next leader of the most powerful country and the free world will likely be decided by the votes of a few hundred people.

I don't blame Gore for holding off his concession and I don't feel I'm being held hostage for not knowing the results the morning after election day. Especially when he's currently is the winner of the popular vote.

If it was the other way around, Bush would want a recount too, and he would make us all wait for the absentee ballots to come in too.

I remember the day of the election some Republicans were questioning the electorial collage because it they speculated that the popular vote would go to Bush and Gore would win by the electoral collage. Now that it seems the outcome could be the opposite, it's funny they all seem to have shut up now.

I feel like I'm at a World Series baseball game... The home team is ahead by one run in the 8th inning, and the crowd demands that the game should be called.

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 11-10-2000).]

PFF
System Bot
deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
From what I've seen, do we really want to recount the votes of a bunch of political illiterates who don't understand the system or the issues ?

When all is said and done, turnout is the key. The Dems can piss and moan all they want about their voter base being disenfranchised and discriminated against, but in the final analysis, only half of them even bothered to show up and vote.

If they continue to contest this after all the Florida votes have been recounted (after Nov. 17)...they will have lost nearly all credibility. And if I see another 95 year old fartt with inch thick glasses or another Haitian immigrant or another poor Holocaust survivor whining about the Palm Beach ballot, I'm gonna "Elvis" my TV set.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
How hard is it, people? Let's get real here for a minute. If you can't take the time to figure out this quantum physics test, then you deserve the grade you get.

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
It was the Democrats who repealed the literacy test in Florida (apparently they wanted folks who couldn't read to participate in the process).

Looks like they get bit in the asss over this one.

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post

deceler8

2139 posts
Member since Sep 1999
Moron Party...I think you're on to something...

Of course, then you'd have official Morons protesting about the moronic ballot. And in a press conference after the election, the Moron candidate could say in his concession speech to his constituents..."Remind me to murder you later"...

NYUK NYUK NYUK

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
I have no problem whatsoever saying certain people's votes shouldn't count. If you're too lazy to register, your vote shouldn't count. If you're registered, but too lazy to go to the polls, your vote shouldn't count. And if you're registered and you go to the polls, but you're too damn stupid to understand a simple ballot, your vote shouldn't count.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
People, y'all are killin me. If the tables were reversed, and Bush lost xxx amount of votes, and were to lose by an even smaller margin, theRepublican Party would not go softly into the night. These people are politicians, and none of them sh!t vanilla soft-serve. To pin this all on "the Liberal media" is about as cliche as it comes. It's just human nature to fight until the fight is done.
burdell1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for burdell1Send a Private Message to burdell1Direct Link to This Post
"Now I am a registered Democrat and come from a very long line of yellow dog Democrats down in GA. My family has been in politics for over 100 years and some of them worked for Carter as both Governor and President. Now my
family is not too happy because I have voted Republican in presidential elections since I was old enough to vote (I'm 36 now)."--Songman

This makes no sense....if you are a registered Democrat, why are you voting Republican?

burdell1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for burdell1Send a Private Message to burdell1Direct Link to This Post

burdell1

340 posts
Member since Apr 99
.) "Once again, the ballets were "confusing".
Answer/comment: The ballets were both DESIGNED and APPROVED by Democrats."

I find that very hard to believe cause usually it is the Republicans that try to make the voting process as difficult as possible because they know that the common person doesn't vote for Republicans....Only people that are as equally selfish as a Republican vote for fellow Republicans...

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
BN Boomer-nice form! lol. Stimpy, super line about the soft-serve! LOL.

You know what. It's not like golf. There are no mulligan's. The vote is the vote. There will be no "re-vote". No do-over's. No "I called time-outs".

Re-counts: fine. Re-votes: no way.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
According to CNN the voting ballots in Palm County have been the same style for the last 6 years. In my opinion the reason the election is so close is people were basically deciding on the "lesser of 2 evils"
It just shows that neither candidate came off as providing a very positive outlook for the next 4 years. The other thing is that there are like 3-4 other states that were close. What about their absentee ballots? If Florida has roughly 2600 people overseas in the military (and their families) what about the other states? Part of Gore's complaint about the Florida voting problems is probably due to the fact he knows that most military people vote for the republican since the military usually gets better raises in pay when a republican is in office.

"If you vote for the lesser of 2 evils, Your still voting for evil"

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Fiero5spd seems to be the only one who seems to have nothing better to do on these forums and on the e-mail lists, except constantly show his ignorant attitude with his idiotic rambling and personal attacking of people.

Here is an up to date copy from one of the election 2000 news web sites. I didn't write it bright light Fiero5sp, so calm your moronic butt down allready.

"Responding to requests from Democrats and Republicans, Palm Beach County officials announced Thursday they would conduct both a manual and machine recount Saturday of the county's presidential election results.

In addition, an area congressman, Rep. Peter Deutsch, D-Florida, said Friday that under Florida law a "circuit court judge would be required to determine what the will of the voters was and create a remedy." He said that could include throwing out the election, as was done in March 1998 when a judge threw out
the sitting mayor of Miami because of absentee ballot fraud and ultimately installed his opponent in that office.

Deutsch said Palm Beach Circuit Judge Kathleen Kroll postpone certification of the vote in Palm Beach County until she hears a challenge on Tuesday, but he said the larger issue is how to handle 19,000 ballots discarded because voters "double punched" candidates in the presidential race due to a flawed punch design.

Deutsch pointed out that the sample ballot distributed in advance of the election did not match the actual ballot used, nor did it line up to the punches correctly.
He went on to say that "George W. Bush should concede defeat," predicting that any court ordered remedy will give Vice President Al Gore 10,000 votes in Palm Beach County and the election in Florida."

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Quote from black88GT:
"Please try to debate this Mr. Great Informed One...."

I just did fiero5sp (Black88GT), with actual facts too. You should try it sometime.

BTW: Let us all know how crow tastes :-)

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure if the Florida ballot cards looked more like bingo cards we wouldn't have this confusion.

just trying to lighten everybody up...

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
This is nothing short of being pathetic. The Dems are sore loosers. The Florida votes were counted TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Bush won both times. PERIOD! This crap about the "will of the people" is border line mob rules. The will of the people is insubordinant to the rules and laws of our country.
True, Florida law states that there must be a recount if under less that half of one percent. It was done. Bush won (again). You DONT keep counting until your favorite person wins. This whole situation has made a mockary of the United States and everything we stand for.
Dont bend/break the laws just because you are not happy with them. We are now the laughing stock of the world due to some illiterate individuals who cant take responsibility for their own idiotic actions.
I find it hard to believe that even Democrats hold any credibility to this garbage.
And yes, Burdell1, the Democrats DID design AND approve the ballet.

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 11-10-2000).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
I love how every time someone disagrees with Kelley he claims its a personal attack. (yet, he calls me moronic?)

Then he says I have nothing better to do, coming from a guy who posts 90 things on his 2m4 beating a Viper (haha) or his ratty fiero club junk, or his dad looking for a blue GT. How many emails showed up on the lists about these topics? More then I have ever posted in 4 years of being on the lists.

Back to the issue at hand. What website was that copied from? The Al Gore site? It must have been, I watched MSNBC most of the day, they have had Jesse Jackson on, all types of political analysts etc. etc. Not one of them mentioned a single word about the machines. They all talked about confusion. Jackson even threw RACE into the mixture (surprise surprise), but not one word about the machines. I find it very very hard to believe that if the machines were the problem, they would be talking about the ballots. Especially when the ballots were designed by Democrats.

Also in that site you quoted, it says that
the sample ballot was not the same. The only difference was the sample ballot didn't have the holes in the middle. Woopty doo daa. Even if they double punched, they could have simply located the nearest voting official, told them what happened, and they would have given them another ballot.

p.s. atleast you spelled "light" right this time, still trying to figure out ALREADY I see....

lol

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 11-10-2000).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000
Hmm, it also seems, if I heard correctly on MSNBC, that in some county in Illinois had 120,000 people that voted for two candidates. But, according the the All Mighty Informed one, the ones in Illinois lined up right?? Thats odd. Why believe the professionals on MSNBC when we have the Great and Powerful Informed one RIGHT HERE ON THE FORUM!!!

WHAT KELLEY SAID...
"2) The template that Illinoise and the other states used lined up correctly, so the spot you wanted to punch actually got punched. Only Florida screwed up the lining up of the ballot and template. Now because of this, thousands of registered voters will possibly not have their votes count. "

p.s. I-L-L-I-N-O-I-S

lol

BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
AAHHHHHH HAAAA HAAAA AHHHHHHH HAAAA HAAAA, you guys kill me. No one ever said you had to vote your party; Vote your mind. And seriously, the people who punched two cadidates, how did they know that the templates didn't line up correctly? If they knew that much, how come they didn't inform some one? If they they were so distraught coming out of the polls, Why wasn't there any attention on this matter till after the electoral votes started stacking up against Gore? Correct me if I'm wrong (I might be)but doesn't the ballet say sellect one? If so, why would anyone in their right mind sellect two out of error and then just walk away.

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW, THE PLAY STANDS AS CALLED; FIRST DOWN, TEXAS!!!!!!

OUT!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by burdell1:
"Now I am a registered Democrat and come from a very long line of yellow dog Democrats down in GA. My family has been in politics for over 100 years and some of them worked for Carter as both Governor and President. Now my
family is not too happy because I have voted Republican in presidential elections since I was old enough to vote (I'm 36 now)."--Songman

This makes no sense....if you are a registered Democrat, why are you voting Republican?

It makes perfect sense if you actually read what I wrote... I am a registered Democrat because that it the way I was raised. I still prefer Democratic candidates down in my little hometown in GA. BUT, I think voting a straight ticket is crazy. I vote for the man that I believe has the best character, regardless of whether he has a D or an R beside his name. In Presidential elections since I was 18, that has just happened to be Republican.

Please actually read the messages before you respond and reply to the whole message instead of trying to find one or two lines to take out of context. Thank you.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2000 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by stimpy:
People, y'all are killin me. If the tables were reversed, and Bush lost xxx amount of votes, and were to lose by an even smaller margin, theRepublican Party would not go softly into the night. These people are politicians, and none of them sh!t vanilla soft-serve. To pin this all on "the Liberal media" is about as cliche as it comes. It's just human nature to fight until the fight is done.

This is also a funny reply to me... Who has proof that it is Gore losing all the votes. Bush could have lost votes too. And I have already given the example for TN where over a thousand people did not get to vote because of a screw up. The point is enough is enough. This thing can't be dragged on through recounts and lawsuits until the Democrats get the result they want... or can it?!?

It has even been rumored that President Clinton will ask Gore to concede since the Florida recount came up in Bush's favor. Of course, hard core Democrats say this is 'sour grapes' on his part because Gore distanced himself from Clinton during his campaign. Always an excuse...

Did ya'll hear about the second grade teacher in GA that duplicated the Palm beach ballot for their 2nd grade class, replacing the candidates with Disney characters. Not one child was confused and all voted for the character of their choice. As if I needed more proof... that says alot!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock