Started on: 11-05-2000 02:48 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Indiana_resto_guy on 11-06-2000 07:48 AM
fierospeeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2000 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
im trying to figure out what are the two sensors on my moms car, 88 chevy celebrity wagon. It has a 2.8 engine.

There are two sensors on the lower side of the block, opposite side of the starter.
There is one that has a small one inch long shaft with a large circle thing on it, and only one wire going into it. The other, sort of looks like a plastic figure 8 with two wires going into it and it is held down by a small 1/4"? bolt, and two wires are coming out of that one.

I having some oil coming out of someplace near those sensors, its not leaking but just making the block oily. And the manuals i have dont really get into detail about the other sensors besides the oil pressure one.

thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Terrybogin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2000 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TerryboginSend a Private Message to TerryboginDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm. Sounds like the knock sensor and the crank angle sensor.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2000 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Terry sounds correct! The only one that will produce an oil leak is the crank sensor, the knock sensor is a bottom hole.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock