Started on: 10-04-2000 12:31 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: BN Boomer on 10-11-2000 11:48 PM
hugh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Ok so that I am clear on how you all stand you feel that women (rape and incest victims included) should all go back to using a coathanger in a dark alley somewhere?

By the way does anyone seem to know the percentage of women who are in a stable relationship until they discover they are pregnant only to have their man leave when he gets that bit of info????

Anyone????????

Anne

[This message has been edited by hugh (edited 10-10-2000).]

IP: Logged
HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
First of all, I used "Boston Massacre" as the title for this thread to try to gain some forum members interest and create a discussion. You know, kinda like the bait, click here.. check it out (I can't believe I need to explain this). Maybe I should have named the thread "Boring debate... don't bother reading?"

Originally posted by HugGRRRFiero:
I pay taxes and social security too and it sucks. I hate that the government "is" (opps, missed a word while typing) using my money for programs that I don't necessarily need or want.

BN boomer, you say I'm a fan of big government and want it to solve all my problems? Talk about taking words out of context. I thought Al Gore only did that.

Oh by the way, a week or two before the debate I saw an elderly man picking up pop bottles/cans on the side of an exit ramp of which I had almost forgotten until Al Gore mentioned something about that poor old elderly lady in Iowa.

Sure, why should we penalize the top 1 percent'ers? Let's penalize those people, the middle working class, and the lower class who are the one's that make those corporations sucessful.

Gosh, anyone is a fool if they believe everything they are told from a politician is going to be true. Nixon lied to us, Reagan lied to us, Bush lied to us "No new taxes", Bill Clinton has lied to us "No I didn't have sexual relations..", Al Gore has lied (sugar coated some things) to us, but Gov. Bush I have to say is smart, he doesn't say much, therefore we cannot even find out if he's actually is lying to us.

I had to laugh last night watching Bush trying to deal with some simple percentages and making no sense what so ever. You gota like the man tho, because he's got integrity, and charm... yea whatever.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Anne - Coathanger??? Wow, is that an old one. Your a woman. You know women. You probably know women who have had an abortion. Of all these women, how many would actually result to such extremes if abortion was not legal? If I could, I would stop all the women who leave their baby in dumpsters or on park benches, too. These women need help... mentally. So do victims of rape and incest. My point is, the baby, regardless of how it came about, is innocent. And to kill him/her does not make the crime go away. Nor will it mask the emotional scars... only add to them.

Hugh - I can't make any moral decisions for anyone. I can only teach my children the best I can. I will not leave a such important thing for them to learn just by chance. It's my duty as a parent to instill in them a since of morality. That's our job as a parent.

Wether you like it or not, you instill in your children morals daily. Good or bad, you are their point of reference. I suppose you've tought them that stealing is bad. You've probably told them not to color on the walls. You've probably told them not to hit the dog with the baseball bat (At least that's what I've told my son). What about drugs? Are you letting them find out about them by themselves? Probably not. What about murder?

At what magical point between conception and their current birthday did your daughters become a living human being? When you found out you and your wife was pregnate could you have said, "ya know, if you have that abortion before Friday, you'd only be removing unwanted tissue. But, by Saturday morning it'll be a baby". Huh??? Does that make since?

To all - My daughter was born six weeks premature. She weighed less than four pounds. We took her home three days after she was born. We had to dress her in doll clothes for the first month because she was so small. She cried when she was hungry or dirty, and slept a lot. She could chug down a four oz bottle in ten minutes flat! Under the current laws, she could have died under the knife at the abortion clinic any time during those six weeks if she were still inside the womb. Nobody, but NOBODY will convince me that abortion is not MURDER! PERIOD!

It's easy to turn you head away and ignore the problem. It's harder to care. It's harder yet to try and do something about it. Gore doesn't care about me, my chidren, or their future. However he has tried to sugar coat it, it's all lies, smoke, and mirrors. Including pro-choice. Call it what you will, it's still murder. They get the chair for murder in Florida.

Roy

hugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
BN Boomer I've thought about your statement to my daughter in law ,Anne, all day in work.I find it hard to believe that someone would would talk to a woman that way.I suppose it was for shock value.There are many ways to say what you said that is much more acceptable.You showed a total lack of class with that statement.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't recommend holding your breath while awaiting an apology for my not sugar coating those remarks. Some things need to be spoken plainly and truthfully. Of course, doing so almost always offends typical liberals who then resort to name calling while claiming the high road for themselves. Yet another fitting example of their hypocrisy.
hugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
BN Boomer I neither asked for or expect an apology,I can't speak for Anne.There was no name calling in my post,as there was in yours.
mrfixit58 I pretty much feel the same way as you.We have 5 children,and sometimes it was hard,but we never gave a thought to getting an abortion.I have 12 grandchildren,so you can see my children feel the same.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2000 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
O.k. now to move on to issues that involve the rest of us. I personally don't think Bush or the rest of the moderate republicans have any intention of repealing roeVwade, we have to change the moral fabric of the u.s. first, then it will probably become a moot issue. I'm all for having some of my money back rather than having it given to those who will not work for it.
I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore the rest of you.
BTW is there a way we could bring back McCain or even put up Chaney for pres?
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2000 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone see the special on the NRA yesterday? They said that Al Gore was buddy buddy with the NRA when he needed campaign money for his Tennessee. Then next thing you know its "pass more gun laws blah blah blah".

About the education thing, its sick to find out how much money public schools get from the government, when private schools can educate kids for a fraction of the cost and usually in a more beneficial way. I go to a catholic school and my friends and I always joke when we drive down the street, past the local public school and see Lexus', BMW's, Mercedes' in the parking lots, yet the kids can't even read. Thats real great putting NASA computers in the rooms when the kids can't even turn them on much less use them for "educational" purposes....
If the liberals would actually try to reform something rather then tossing the money down the black hole, things would probably change for the better.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2000 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see what tonights second debate brings out. Vote for your choice.. Those that want Algore to think for them or for GW who will let you think for yourself.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2000 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Old Lar

13797 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Round 2--- A draw...
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2000 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Draw, my a$$. Bush beat Gore all over the ring tonight.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock