More senseless and unproductive babble by GT Bastard
Started on: 09-26-2000 09:03 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: deceler8 on 09-29-2000 09:17 AM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I just woke up and I was totally unaware of my surroundings for a few seconds. Ever since I've been unemployed, I keep getting this same feeling like: What exactly am I doing here? Getting fired was the best thing that could have happened, but now I'm more doubtful of myself than ever. Working for my company was really the only constant in my life(next to Uncle Bens Rice Pudding), and now that constant is gone. I've spent the last two weeks wandering aimlessly and turning in resumes occasionally. I need to find a job but I really don't want one. What else would I do? It's pathetic that people don't know themselves better(myself included.) I see it all the time in almost everyones face. I'm 20 years old, and you would think that after 20 years I would be able to figure out what I need to do in order to maintain happiness. It's really simple... I can think of ideal situations in my head, but getting there is too difficult, and it's always changing anyways. Being a human is far too restrictive. So what if we're at the top of the food chain? I'd rather be a dog sometimes. Maybe dogs are more intelligent than we are, but they realize that it really makes no difference. Maybe dogs realize that everything that we build will eventually fall. Who the hell knows, right? Anyhow, that's my rant for this morning....

good luck,
Jeff

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Click Here to Email deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Shutup already...I'm 40 and have no clue what I'm gonna do for the rest of my life. When I think about the past five years, I'm amazed that I was able to survive all the changes and uncertainties. Even after all that, I'm in the best financial, emotional and spiritual condition that I've ever been.

It really is true...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Try this as a confidence builder...go skydiving. I'm not kidding...try something that scares you to death...confront a fear you've always had. It really is one of the most powerful things you can do for your confidence.

I used to be scared to death of public speaking, so I volunteered to be a fundraiser for public television. As it turns out, I ended up being one of those annoying folks that interrupt your favorite public TV shows to raise funds. It was great, but it never would have happened if I hadn't made that first move.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineClick Here to Email PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
try to do some thing even if it's just an interim job. i went through a long period of unemployment that started to work on my own feelings of self worth. i still feel like if i had been doing something even half way productive during that time my life would be better now. i feel a few steps behind most people my age (40) now.

keep beating your head against it. what else can you do but keep trying?

Master_Sushi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master_SushiClick Here to Email Master_SushiSend a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
I'm having some simmilar problums. The company I work for isnt doing very well now and my hours are cut WAY back. I'm working about 10-12 hours a week, and it sucks . I was happier working 40, even though I didnt have allot of free time. But im doing the same thing now. Just turning in resumes and hoping for the best.

[This message has been edited by Master_Sushi (edited 09-26-2000).]

White88cpe
longer registered

Report this Post09-26-2000 06:42 PM   Send a Private Message to Master_SushiDirect Link to This Post
Umm.. I'm only 19 and the only thing I know I want is to be able to have my car. The rest of life is just.. well.. undecided..

------------------
Ray - Blue 88 Coupe
My Blue Knight - Carolina Fieros

HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageClick Here to Email HugGRRRFieroSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Snap out of it man!

Watching Ricky Lake, Jenny Jones, Jerry Springer, Barney & Friends, Seasame Street, Mr Rogers, The View, Bold and the Beautiful, Young and the Restless, General Hospital, Martha Stewart, and the Christopher Lowell Show can really take a toll on someone.

Keep tuning on your resume and trying to make contacts. I've been in this situation before a couple times and know it might take awhile, some businesses can take a week or two or longer just to take a moment to read your resume or call you for an interview. Hang in there, and keep us posted...

------------------

HugGRRRFiero@hotmail.com

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
If you were a dog, you couldnt drive your Fiero!
Cheer up, things will get better. Ive been in the same position...BELIEVE ME.....
HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageClick Here to Email HugGRRRFieroSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Didn't you say you were going to meet your former boss? Inquiring minds want to know.
whamel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whamelClick Here to Email whamelSend a Private Message to whamelDirect Link to This Post
Man, I know you're in the same field (well similar from what I can tell) as me and I have to get out there and HOUND these guys when I turn in my resume! Call some of them up - ask if they've had time to review your resume and if they have any questions. Sound confident and you'll do just fine.
If you need contacts with recruiters or anything - email me. I think I still have a few good ones in my list. I'll do what I can to help you out - I know quite a few guys that do good work and aren't just out for themselves.
Wade
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Click Here to Email Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
It really hurts at first, I know. But it's amazing how the next job gets your head on (almost) straight again. Also, you'll soon realize this experience helps you know what's really important to you. BTW I'm 43.

Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzyClick Here to Email OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Dude...Old people die not knowing what made 'em happy!

Let me summarize your problem for you;

It's really simple... I can think of ideal situations in my head, but getting there is too difficult

Solution: Expect a little less and DO a little more. Be patient!

Its totally natural to doubt yourself when unemployed. Being fired makes that a little harder but the point is the same; IF you are 20 (?) you have a long way to go and this will NOT be the hardest thing you will face. Thats a promise!

I am 38 and the last three months have raised similar emotions in me. I left my job because I'm willing to take risks to improve myself but I was still left with doubts at times 'cause the phone was not ringing off the wall offering me 100k salary jobs.

Perservere my friend! It's worth it! I hung out and now have the gig of my life! My efforts from the past qualified me for a job that normally requires a degree in engineering! You seem intelligent from your posts (arn't you a computer geek?? ) Try tomget into something new that teaches you something you don't know already. If I was 20 again and not tied down to the expenses I have now, I'd go back to school and begin at least an associate degree. A degree is not that important...the discipline of putting yourself thru it is!! The work ethic here in the U.S. leaves a lot to be desired sadly (This is not intended to be a controversial statement...Just an observation having worked as a manager for many years) As a result, It is not difficult to be a shining star! Be prepared to do more than is expected just some of the time and you win!

That is all the material stuff: The times I have felt truly happy to the core in the most healthy ways I know have been...

(Never thought I'd say this...)The recent birth of my son! I haver never had a paternal instinct in my life and BOOM. Hang on for the ride.

Marrying my wife...I already had a practice run! This is number 2 but she's awesome!

Helping someone else for NO personal gain! Especially those most in need. (Remember the saying; I felt sorry for myself for having old shoes untill I saw a man with no feet!)

Sorry to go on dude...You just sound like you need a bit of the straight stuff. Hang in there. Life is like this...if things are going good, they are about to go bad! If things are going Bad, they are about to go good!!

------------------
There are 3 types of people in this world;

Those who make things happen,
Those who watch things happen,
And those who wonder What Da hell Happened?!

Ozzy
'87 GT (Ol' Blue)

PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the insight. I hope I don't sound depressed, because I'm really not. Stuff just comes to mind and I go off on a tangent.
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Click Here to Email deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
"Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo...

Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do..."

The really sad part is eventually you'll look on these days as some of the best of your life and you'll wonder what you ever were worried about.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock