Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Like your Fiero? Vote accordingly. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Like your Fiero? Vote accordingly. by ChadMan
Started on: 09-22-2000 09:37 AM
Replies: 67
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 10-08-2000 01:08 AM
87ECO5

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2000 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Sure am glad I follow that basic rule of "don't discuss sex, religion, politics or salary" on Pennock's Fiero Forum ... no wait, that's at work ... oh well, I'll follow that same rule here too ...
IP: Logged
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2000 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
All I have to say is that its a shame that when History looks back on the Clinton administration it will remember him the same way I remember K.C. and the Sunshine Band....

{Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!)

Its been a long time since this country has had a president with a vision....someone who could inspire the nation. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a change on the horizon. However, we may not like the choices we have, but we still need to go to the polls and make a choice. At least that way, we retain the right to gripe about it if we dont like the outcome of the election!

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6
"You mean like the back seat of a Volkswagen?"

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2000 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I don't think Bush will be a good president Batboy. I'm just sure Gore will be a bad one !!! I'm really tired of "DEMOCRATS" and they're big government policies that about all I can do is offer up knee-jerk reactions. I'm a Foster-adoptive parent, a gunsmith and firearms dealer, a outdoorsman, an ATV'er and a car enthusiest.

1 The Democratic party has repeatedly stood behind freedom of choice when it comes to murdering babies.

2 The Democratic party has repeatedly attempted to remove my second amendment RIGHTS.

3 The Democratic party has repeatedly attempted to limit public grounds to hunting, camping, fishing, and off-road activities.

4 The Democratic party is now attempting to permanently park my dirty old cars.

So as you can probably tell it's not really Al Gore that I'm pissed off at. It's the whole Democratic Party and the leftist "we know whats best for you" attitude that they foster.

This is all just my opinion. I've learned a long time ago that I can be great friends with folks that don't agree with me...politicly, religion, etc. I do try to respect everyones opinion...even if it's not mine.

What I believe in most is God and Family. Government fits in at a very vague third.

SO PRAY, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN AND GO VOTE !!!

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2000 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
batboy, Nixon was never impeached, he resigned. Although you may mean Clinton (not sure by the context of the sentence), he was impeached (by the house).

Also, the money that Republicans spent on the investigation of Bill Clinton is very very minimal in comparison to the money Bill Clinton wastes on his round the world trips. My uncle flies in the Air Force here in MD, and is stationed at Andrews AFB, which is a launching point for many of his vacations. (aka "peace talks" or whatever he calls them) He tells me a lot about how every time he takes these trips he brings along about a 1,000 people. These require many planes and it virtually freezes up many resources. They stay in world class hotels at the tax payers expense....

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2000 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
And when Bush and Reagan went on their trips, they went Tower Air, packed sandwisches, and stayed at youth hostels. The Democrats are those nasty BIG SPENDERS. Good Republican boys and girls never spend an unnecessary dime and would never dream of wasting your tax dollars on frivolous military items. (B1 bomber, Star Wars)

I wish this whole "Liberal vs Reactionary" rhetoric could be dropped. Anyone voted into office is first and foremost a politician. Politicians have no quandries about cozying up to special interest and selling out the AMERICAN public. There is no sainted political party, so all this "us and them" is nothing else but the pot calling the kettle black...

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Anyone else think those bumper stickers reading "Don't blame me - I voted for Bush!" are going to get a second life!?
HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Vote for me!!!! I promise I'll fly Northwest econo class!!!

I'm sure I can collect enough frequent flyer miles to be set for life, muhahah

Don't listen to that bolony (sp?), REP. Governer John Engler here when campaigning for election in Michigan vowed to drive only his Olds Eighty Eight around the state if he was elected for Governer. Yea right! He's been our Governer for the last two or three terms now, (Hey, don't look at me) and I've yet to see him and his Oldsmobile...

[This message has been edited by HugGRRRFiero (edited 09-25-2000).]

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
When I started this thread, I thought we'd have a harmless and fun little political debate - I really didn't think we'd get personal.

I'm kind of regretting my original post now - I was envisioning Al Gore's dream world, in which we can all choose between driving electric cars to work (the GM/Saturn EV1 has a range of about 15 miles on a full charge in 20-degree weather) or riding a damn city bus. The idea of my Fiero sitting unused under a tarp because of some government mandate pi$$ed me off so badly I just had to post.

I like to think of the Republican party as the party of personal freedom - then I remember it was my beloved Ronald Reagan who gave us the totally ineffective War on Drugs ($150 billion and counting...).

I will go to my grave thinking liberals are dead wrong on just about everything, but I respect their right to speak their minds and hold a different opinion from mine. Especially if they drive Fieros.

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy,

I liked Star Wars, but I thought it was a George Lucas thing. I'd gladly invest my tax dollars in a X-wing fighter or Millenium Falcon. (with environmentally sensitive fusion engines, of course)

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6
"You mean like the back seat of a Volkswagen?"

pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
I'D VOTE FOR CLINTON AGAIN, IF THEY'D LET ME!!!!!!!!

4 MORE YEARS, HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm one of the dozen or so democrats in the entire state of Texas. I'll never vote for a GOP prez, and i'll never move out of Texas, so i guess my votes will never count...

It seems like the population here is growing by about 100,000 a day, but none of the frikkin' carpetbagger yankees moving here are democrats.... How the hell does that work?

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Those carpetbaggin democrats from the south are moving to NY. Maybe Texans can talk Hillary to moving there and run for the senate or better yet govenor. She can do for Texas what she did for Arkansas.
PFF
System Bot
cscougar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cscougarSend a Private Message to cscougarDirect Link to This Post
Just think if Clinton had 4 more years how many more interns he could have...
pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
I wish Hillary would get elected governor of Texas....

I don't even know anything about her policies or plans, but maybe that would ebb the incoming flow of republicans.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I have to admit I'm rather suprised at Batboy's adamant support of the Democrats. I can only wonder if his V-8 Fiero has an official "Approved by Al Gore" sticker on it. What are you going to do when the enviro-nazis push the Democrats in their back pockets to finally mandate 50 state vehicle emmission testing for everybody?

cscougar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cscougarSend a Private Message to cscougarDirect Link to This Post
We had a female governor, Ann Richards, a Democrat in the Hillary mode. Good old George W. defeated her in the next election.
I feel sorry for you NY people but we are glad here in Texas old Hillary moved north. Hope she and Al both go down in defeat.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
You make a great point, Boomer. According to the letter of the law, Batboy's V8 Fiero is operating in an illegal "tampered" condition - even if its tailpipe emissions meet federal requirements! According to the US EPA's Engine-Switching Fact Sheet, you can't swap an engine into a car unless the engine-car combo was an "EPA-certified configuration" (i.e., 2.5-liter 4 or 2.8-liter V6). Source: http://www.epa.state.oh.us/dapc/mobile/main_page.html Click "Modified Vehicles." Then read the third paragraph under "Establishment of Engine-Switching Procedures."

Batboy, I like and respect you, and I can tell from your posts you're a good guy. But once Al Gore has established nationwide e-Check, you may very well be unable to register the Batmobile for use on public roads. I'd sure hate to see that happen.

So keep Uncle Sam out of your engine bay and your wallet. Vote Republican!

(Edited bekuz I mispeled "emissions." I is a graduate of the Ohio State Skool of Jernalizm.)

[This message has been edited by ChadMan (edited 09-27-2000).]

pollock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pollockSend a Private Message to pollockDirect Link to This Post
Seeing as how there's no money in being an "enviro-nazi", how would an enviro-nazi go about getting a politician in his back pocket?

Oh wait, was Monica an enviro-nazi?

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
One canidate has used many attitudes and wardrobes to try to catch the attention of the people. While the other has stayed in a constant position of profesionalizm in the political world and also willing to show his family off and talk about the things he does and has done in his personal life. The rival, the cameleon in my book, hasn't given much in the way of how he lives outside of the political relm. His image looks so much like the dolls my sister played with where you can take the paper clothes off and put on others to make it look better.(did that work?) I like the one that owns an early 70's bronco that goes hunting, enjoying nature with gun in hand instead of finding other ways to tie the hands of honest citizens who are only practicing their rights displayed in the constitution. Confused? Maybe.(do you here that dixie music playing in the background?) STSGT
KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
If Gore is elected we can kiss our constitutional rights goodbye.
I vote for Bush.

------------------
Rick Lord
Webmaster
http://www.KitKar.com

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2000 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
stsmithgt, a gun in his hand? Oh my God, what about the children?

[This message has been edited by BN Boomer (edited 10-06-2000).]

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2000 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post

BN Boomer

2086 posts
Member since Jun 99
pollock, if you are unable to see that there are big bucks flowing into the Democrat Party coffers from Seirra Clubber/Earth First! types and the liberal left wing Hollyweird "Save the Environment" types then I would repectfully suggest that you may suffer extreme myopia and should have your vision checked immediately.

---------------------------------------------

EARTH FIRST! We'll log the other planets later.

PFF
System Bot
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2000 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha, man you guys are a hoot. I heard the same people saying the same exact things eight years ago about Clinton if he got elected. Republicans moaning and crying that it was going to be the end of all their constitutional rights and the end of the world. Geez! Al Gore will probably be elected president and the congress will probably remain a Republican majority, so we will have 4 more years of government grid-lock and not much else happening despite your fears. Don't worry, the Batmobile will remain on the road for the next four years. Al Gore ain't going to change that. It's really funny that Bush accused Gore of "fuzzy math" and now it's being discovered and reported that Bush's math is fuzzier yet.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2000 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Boomer is right about some of the enviromental groups have lobbyists now. They have to fight fire with fire, or so they think. Regardless, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of money spent by industrial and agricultural lobbying efforts.
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2000 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with the fuzzy math...Gore is very good at math...example: Give the Chinese nuclear arms info...get plenty of landered Communist funds to add to campain war chest. And thats GOOD Math !!!
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2000 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Dale can prove that Al Gore sold the Chinese nuclear secrets. Sounds like that sinister, commie-loving Al Gore will soon be in prison, if that's true. Hahahaha! See what I mean, absolutely nothing good can be said about the Republican platform or Bush's stand on REAL issues, so his supporters have to make up ridiculous and crazy things about Al Gore.

By the way, I'm not a Democrat (or Republican for that matter). I vote for the lesser of the two evils (in my opinion) regardless of party. Please respect my opinion and I'll respect yours. I urge everyone to truly research the issues and ignore half the compaign promises that you know neither candidate could possibly keep. Get out there and vote for the one that best represents your own interests and values.

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2000 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Batboy, with all due respect, the only reason things didn't change more radically during the Clinton/Gore administration was that their attempts at a bigger, more onerous and oppressive government during their first 2 years in power backfired dramatically and caused ther party to be swept out of power in both the Senate and the House of Representatives for the first time in 40 years, thereby allowing the Republicans to shunt any further attempts by the Democrats. And thank God the Republicans in the Senate were able to use the filibuster to inhibit Clinton/Gore those first 2 years. HillaryCare, anyone? Even you are unable to simply deny that these kind of Democrats think that they can spend your own hard earned money better than you. Why don't you just send them the rest of the measly pittance they allow you to keep, otherwise known as your paycheck?

I don't know about any "fuzzy math" on Bush's part, but what about how Bush suggested having the Russians step in to help out Milosevic and stabilize Yugoslovia only to be derided for doing so and alluded to as ignorant on foreign afairs by Al Gore and fellow Democrats? Funny how THE VERY NEXT DAY the Russians DID EXACTLY THAT by recognizing the opposition party as the winner of the election and hastening the departure of Milosevic, don't ya' think? Equally funny how the media is starting to pick virtually all of Gore's stories apart and exposing them for the exaggerations and outright lies that they are, too. Now THAT'S funny!

I don't if much, or any, nuclear secrets traded hands, but don't you find it just a wee bit convenient that after the Chinese dumps millions of dollars into the Democrat Party they are suddenly being considered for MFN trading status or that missle guidance, satellite, and other sensitive technology is approved for transfer to them? Boy, that sure was a hard line to draw now, wasn't it? Gore might as well have placed a huge FOR SALE sign on the capitol lawn.

Bush does have a substantive stand on most issues and has a fine record in Texas. Most people who criticize it have probably never even been there. Of course, it's always easier to try to paint Bush in this manner rather than face the truth about what kind of slick shyster Al Gore really is.

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2000 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
All right, finally someone is actually thinking and being rational and making some valid points, even though I don't agree with everything. More information being exchanged and less name calling and mudslinging is a welcome change.

But are we forgetting all the money poured into the Republican coffers from Viet Nam in an attempt to normalize relationships and to help shape trade agreements. I think both parties are equally guilty of swaying to special interest money from time to time.

My sister who lives in Fort Stockton, Texas has a differing opinion of Junior Bush's political accomplishments in that state. But enough said, I'm very weary of politics. Remember, I'm a government worker myself, so I see first hand how badly politics stink.

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2000 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
ain't this fun y'all.

Batboy, even though I like pokin' fun at Democrats I do have a grip on the issues at hand. And it may well take fifty years...but...The Clinton-Gore years will go down in infamy eventually.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock