any non fiero race stories? by FieroSTETZ
Started on: 08-05-2000 04:04 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: whamel on 08-10-2000 04:05 PM
FieroSTETZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post
i will get to work writing some of mine up, can some of you others write up some non fiero related race stories and post them here?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2000 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Before I got busted for street racing, I used to race everything with my hatchback Civic. Some of the best wins were against a Mitsu-3000GT, a late 80's Vette, more plastic F-bodies than I care to count, and the one that ended it for me: a three lane race with me, a RX7 and a Z-28. I got them, but the cop got us! Most embarassing thing I've done in a long time. The Civic is not fast, but 6000 RPM launches and full throttle shifts at 7800 make a gutless car suprise the unexpecting.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2000 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
One story that comes to mind took place when I had my old '76 Monza. Had a rebuilt '70 350/300 HP from an Impala. L-82 cam, 10.25 cr, 4-speed, Hookers, Edelbrock intake and Carter AFB. Looked "very" stock. Even had the steel wheels and finned wheel covers. Found myself next to a brand new IROC at a light. When the light turned we both nailed it. As soon as I hit second and burned the tires for about 6 feet (right beside his door), he just lost his will to continue.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (ISO big V-6)

"Some mornings, it just isn't worth
chewing through the restraints."

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2000 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
the most fun i've had playing in traffic was on a big street/trail bike, a honda xl600. i don't thihk people think about trail bikes being that big. plus this was mid 80's and cars weren't that fast. the best is things like some one pulling up so you can't get in at a light. slip between lanes and gun it on green. when you get to the next light turn and wave at the driver (the fact that no one tried to run me over or shoot at me i sometimes think about still).

one guy in a 280z got in the far right lane at a light to pass (city traffic). i'm thinking it's a z so he won't hold me up, i let him pass. he gets by, gets in front of me then slows down. that won't do, so i get in the right lane and pass him back. he tries it again and i just accelerate and keep him back. he pulls up beside me at the next light and starts hollering at me. touchy, but i kept him behind me.

got chased a few times. as long as there's stop lights (not a lot of top end) i could stay ahead of most any car.

still got the bike. need to fix it though. plus cars are faster now and i'm older. i think i could be good. maybe.

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2000 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
courtesy of a 97 gsxr600 (or 94kat600)..

Saleen Mustang.. came up behind it on the interstate looked over & nudged ahead. he nudged back.. i nodded.. & just to make sure he goes i hold back.. then poof.. a distant memory.

Riced Out Honda.. i was goin through some twisties rather calmly & i look in my mirror to see him nipping at my wheel.. poof.. he actually did a pretty good job of keeping up.. but was squeeling around the corners & my suspension still wasnt correct.

C5 corvette.. just chased him around a bit.. there was traffic & it was a little damp.. plus he is a cop & didnt want to act a fool around him to give him a reason to follow me when he was on patrol.

Vipers.. never raced one no matter how hard i try they are there owners are the biggest bunch of non-driving pu$$ies ive ever seen.

my favorite..
3000gt TT vr-4* (i think).. caught up to him on the interstate about 630 or 7 in the morning. raced him at triple digit speeds for about 25 miles.. slowing down to let him catch up when he got caught behind a car or sumthin.. once we got into town we got stuck behind a cop from one end to past the other.. another 3 miles at 100+ & we took the same exit.. we both called each other fukin insane.

open novice race.. at ppir.. lots of fun.. but my bike wasnt set up right & i had street tires.. crashed w/one lap to go.. best time i ever had crashing though.

ran from the cops a couple times.. but i was already near or over 100 when they saw me.. so i dont know if they gave chase.

plenty of street race victories against other - & more importantly - bigger bikes.. racing through the mountains or on back country twisties.

Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2000 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
When I was a young kid a buddy of mine had and old ratty looking 52 or 53 chevy. Crumby paint job, useless and non functional rusty tailpipe hanging down in back that was held up by a piece of wire so it swayed back and forth. Inside it had some kind of honkng big v8 with box headers that could be opened up electrically. The only thing that would give you a hint that the car was not what it seemed were the tires were nice rubber. We loved going around and reving the engine which was real quiet with the headers closed at vettes and other "hot" cars and then blow them away between stop lights. We used to just laugh our heads off after smokin someone. Great fun.
b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2000 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
I had a '79 Camaro Berlinetta. I bought it with a 350 with Offy intake, Dart II heads, Holley 800 cfm carb, Hooker headers, aluminum exhaust with cats only, TH400 with a shift kit, Lincoln Locker diff. The thing handled for s*it but could beat anything on the road in a straight line. Lots of kills, too many to list, WAY too many Mustangs. Once I was pulling into my neighborhood and this yellow '92 Mustang pulls in behind me I noticed he had been following me for a while and he pulled me over and told me he used to race the guy who used to own it. Kinda funny. Haha

------------------
'85 GT (in progress)
titled ICE-plates B LO 0

Go to www.audioimagery.i-p.com !!!

Pontiac Fiero Owner's Club-Pics, Videos and More-Or Post your Own

RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2000 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolDirect Link to This Post
I used to have a 89 20Th Anniv Trans Am. And I had a guy in a same year 5.0 LX stang.

we were coming to a two lane on ramp for the interstate. He sat there and REV'D and REV'D his motor. I sat there and let him do that awhile acted like I wasn't paying attention. But as soon as the light turned green it was seeeeyaaa! By the time I saw the headlights I was already at 100+ and gone!. I let off and slowed way down. and waited and as soon as he passed I caught up with him and he justed waved me off ! i guess he wasnt so much in hurry for a race. he he

whamel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2000 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whamelSend a Private Message to whamelDirect Link to This Post
Most of my good race stories involve my '92 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T (wish I never sold it!! ARGH!) - Didn't beat the Acura NSX I was racing on the highway, but he sure didn't get his money's worth out of his expen$ive Acura THAT day! 290hp turbo-charged, front wheel drive Dodge is a little bit scary at 160MPH, but it's sure fun! It surprised quite a few Mustangs and Camaros too. I always gave right of way to a Fiero though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock