My pre-Fiero rides.... pics by GT Bastard
Started on: 05-26-2000 01:04 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-27-2000 10:17 AM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2000 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Here's my favorite f-body. It was my 3rd Camaro, and I was 17 when I got it. I named her Blackie (for obvious reasons.) She was a sweetheart. 305 V8 H.O., 3.73 gears, auto, t-tops, all power options.... And only 59,000 origional miles when I got her. I wish I still had it. That car was a wicked performer. It still holds my record burnout of 37ft on NEW p215 60R 15's. It was in the back of a Walmart parking lot, and I was so proud that I paced it off! anyhow... Her tranny blew while cruizing down the highway(it always had problems.) I ended up accepting an offer I couldn't refuse. Still regretting it.

Here's my first car... 1984 Base model coupe. V6, F41 suspension, NO other cool options. This car was a hand-me-down, and it was a dog, but everybody thought it looked fast. Note the pimpin' paint job my dad gave it!

Last but not least, my '85 IROC... When my dad got this car, it didn't run. It had sand in the gas tank, and no exhaust! It had a TPI 305, and it had a rough life... Note the "meat is murder" sticker in the back window. I used to be very hardcore vegetarian in HS. My dad passed this car on to me when I was 16. Needless to say, it had bald tires and all the usual wear of an idiot driver. THIS car hold the record for the most air-time of any car I've owned, but that's a story for another day. You may find it hard to believe, but I baby my Fiero! Still miss some of these cars though.
Anyhow... later guys

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2000 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I had an 84 Camaro Berlinetta with the 305. It ran OK, but I was doing lots of work to it. I replaced the dirty,ugly interior with the interior from a wrecked 89 Firebird (this was in 1989 when I was 17) and got some 16" I-ROC wheels for it. It was looking good til some guy backed into it and crushed the rear quarter panel... then the engine let go and I kinda let it sit. I bought an 86SE Fiero from my brother and let the Camaro go for almost nothing. I miss that car.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2000 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You want pre Fiero, I don't think you can handle this pre Fiero!

Egad, I had dark hair.

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2000 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I didn't know there was a Mcdonald's around in 1886 . Look at that old guy struggling to lift that hood... he must be pushing 60 in that picture... wonder if he is still around.

Just kidding... what year was that taken?

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2000 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Not only is the old guy around, the car is still around. The McDonalds is gone.

I think the photo is from 1977.

This was my first project car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock