I dont fit in this car! by Greg Piet
Started on: 05-09-2000 11:38 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Eric on 05-12-2000 03:29 PM
Greg Piet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2000 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
Since I started autocrossing, i got my friend hooked.
He went and bought a first gen rx-7...
That way he gets to play with a rotary engine, and we will be in teh same class so we can "race" each other.

I went to sit in it since if one of our cars break we will drive the other ones, but I DONT FIT!
My left knee is pinched by the steering wheel and the door handle! I cant friggin believe this! Well there is one more car that I will never buy! I have got to see if I will fit in a MR-2. The new ones have promising performance specs...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sid1200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2000 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sid1200Send a Private Message to sid1200Direct Link to This Post
how tall r u ?

I'm 6'2 180 and fit just fine in my friends RX7 gen 1. seems to have a similar amount of room as my fiero, and the seats recline more.

Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2000 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
I am 6'2" as well.
I suppose I have long legs. I thought I put the seat all the way back, but ill have to check again.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2000 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I never sat in a rex, but my friend had a first gen, bought it when it was new. He is a pretty tall person, around 6'1", maybe 180lbs. He actually had to order leather seats in it because it gave him just MILLIMETERS of headliner clearence. He said his head was on the roof with the cloth seats. Intresting. Now me, I am 6'3", 250lbs. I don't think I could fit in that car! Even if I could, I bet it would have that "fat old guy in a Geo Metro" look. Not that I am fat and old.
My '87 GT fits me perfectly. For some reason, my '84 (soon to be my mother's) is too small for me. The seats seem to be up higher. Weird.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2000 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I've probably got to rate as one of the worlds largest Fiero drivers at 6'6" and 280#. I fit (barely) in my 86 GT with leather seats and sunroof, but am a tight squeeze in my dads 86 GT with cloth seats. And if it don't have a sunroof? Fugeddaboutit.
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2000 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Gee stimpy, you look so much smaller on TV...
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2000 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
ren is freakin huge! bigger then shaq!
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
kid I work with just got an 81 RX-7 limited edition. 80,000 miles, never seen a winter. very nice looking car.. I can't believe those rotary engines.. that thing idles at 200rpm!! And it's just silent... oh well, my GT looks cooler.. and I much prefer the v6 growl..
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
I had a 2nd Generation RX-7, and fit in it just fine. I'm 6-2, 180ish. I looked at a 3rd generation RX7, fit fine in it.

The only car I have not been able to comfortably fit in was the Panoz Roadster... the little bugggeye looking thing... my knee hit the steering wheel and my elbow hit the shifter, with the seat all the way back!

I also don't like the seating position of the Testarossa. I was in Davis Loves car, and jsut found it very unconfortable... no dead pedal! But then again, I guess if you are driveing one, you are on the pedal's the whole time anyway!

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2000 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
How do you know Davis Love?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock