Who else races or has raced go-karts? by Dan
Started on: 05-01-2000 06:30 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Dan on 05-14-2000 08:56 AM
Dan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2000 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanSend a Private Message to DanDirect Link to This Post
Was into go-karts and raced several different classes with a Yamaha 100.Raced mostly temporary street courses varying in design and length fron 1/4 to 3/4 mile.Sure makes me appriciate the Fiero that much more.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2000 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Raced way back when (1961) "A" Super. MC-6 twin plugs 3 carbs fuel GoKart chasis
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2000 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
i JUST bought a Cobra chassis with a (used to be)5hp Briggs. Has Methanol carb, horstman rod, weisco piston, precision cams / cam, and 3 stage header... water brake dynoed at 16hp. ! tested at Hill Motorsports Dalton, Ga. Haven't raced yet.. next event isn't till 2 fridays from now... 6x11 Bridgestones on the front and 6x12 on the rear. adjustable tension frame.. I'm trying to find info on forced induction.. I've seen a supercharger on a "Blockzilla" pulling 12psi and pver 40hp!!! out of a basicly normal 5hp Briggs block. what do those yamys pull.. lot morre RPM than i do i'm sure.. but any HP ideas... www.4cycle.com
Racer 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer 1Send a Private Message to Racer 1Direct Link to This Post
My friend bought a go kart from the local motorcycle shop. It has 4wd disc breaks and a KX250 engine with pipe. I hopped in and was kinda scared doing 60mph with only a helmet on and no leathers. My friend said it can go over 100mph.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I've done a couple of years of Formula 4 karting (125cc) but never actually participated in a race since I was too young at that time for this class. I was in the same team as the dutch champion and european champion, and I was a lot faster than them (I still hold the unofficial track-record for that track). A few month before I would do my first race, the team was cancelled because one of the major sponsors withdrew. Turned out one of my team-mates was spending sponsor money on all kinds of things that had nothing to do with karting.

Perhaps I still have some old photo's laying around. I'll see if I can find them and post them here.

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2000 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
http://www.hscsupercharger.com/ I'm SOOO there! i have a t-25 but don't sure if there is enought exhaust gas to spool it up... like this kit though..
Racer 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2000 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer 1Send a Private Message to Racer 1Direct Link to This Post
My friends go-kart KX250 motor makes like 100+ horespower had the motor worked over by a Pro! This baby aint cheap it was like $8000.00 plus upgrades. The kart handles better then my Fiero.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2000 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I raced dirt oval for a couple of seasons. It was a blast! I just hate the amount of prep time involved in keeping competitive. Since I was on a very limited budget, there was no way that I could out horsepower those guys with $1500 and more in their race engines.
Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2000 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanSend a Private Message to DanDirect Link to This Post
Stock Yamaha runs about 17-18 horsepower and typically will turn 14500 Rpm, sometimes more or less depending on track configuration and the expansion exhaust pipe you are using.Cooter, I assume you were running a Briggs on a dirt track, which really gets expensive. The last couple of years I raced, I ran a Sportsman class with an RLV YBX muffler. It cut the HP down to about 9-10, but it cut everyone elses to that range and removed most modification gains.Very little preparation,very little maintenance, and very competitive racing.I ran asphalt, and cleaning consisted of spraying down with wd-40.Very little wear and tear on clutches and tires too.Setup at new tracks (I ran temporary road courses, mainly sprint courses but with a mix of ovals) was very simple, and if you didn't mind driving a little slower, it made racing much more competitive and enjoyable.The class has gained popularity in recent years and really seperated the engine builders drivers from the real drivers.Racing the "can" Yamaha class is most definately the most economical class, very little wear and tear and very fun.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock