Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Darwin Awards, Rocket Power Cars and other fun stuff!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Darwin Awards, Rocket Power Cars and other fun stuff! by DaRkLoRD
Started on: 04-18-2000 01:06 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Formula on 04-20-2000 09:32 PM
DaRkLoRD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
http://www.wagoneers.com/pages/RocketCar/rockit.html

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read.. It's long, but definitely worth it IMHO.. I thought it was very interesting, from an engineering point of view.. but the ending is simply hilarious..

highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
39 pages.... Single spaced....
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2000 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Wow, when will the movie be available???
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Darklord, that is TOO funny!!!
You wouldn't believe how much work I *didn't* get done, yesterday, because I was reading that thing!!!
Of course I forwarded it along to several other folks so that I could screw up *their* productivity, too.
Gold-86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gold-86SESend a Private Message to Gold-86SEDirect Link to This Post
It's a good yarn, and a very tall tail.

If you have the time and the inclination for fiction, give it a read.

The idea of him being vary at the thought of back to the future III, with the train and all, was a little funny.

But in retrospect(sp) it is a very long walk for a only drop of water.

Not intended to be a flame, just stating things IMHO.

lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Good reading... I do have to agree w/raydar. I didnt get squat done this afternoon. Oh well, i agree with djrice..it would make an interesting movie.. I give it a thumbs up..
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post

lennyb4

428 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Good reading... I do have to agree w/raydar. I didnt get squat done this afternoon. Oh well, i also agree with djrice..it would make an interesting movie.. I give it a thumbs up..
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post

lennyb4

428 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Hummmm...rocket powered fiero..hehehe....I do have to agree w/raydar. I didnt get squat done this afternoon. Oh well,..it would make an interesting movie.. I give it a thumbs up..
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post

lennyb4

428 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Sorry for the extra post. Guess we cant delete anymore..
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Gold-86SE, I don't think the mention of the train/mineshaft from back to the future means this story is fiction.. I've come up with lots of ideas that later were in movies or computer games.. one I'm fairly certain that the idea was based on mine, as I was discussing it for several months in an IRC programming channel... but that doesn't mean it was definitely someone copying my idea. The game wasn't popular anyway.. it was called "UFO". I bet no one else has even heard of it. the original game I was working on with 2 friends was called "Flight", and the girl in the game was based on Dominique Moceanu, (olympic gymnast) whom I had a major crush on at the time.. anyway. Lots of people could have thought of hiding something in an abandoned mineshaft.. and as for the train pushing the delorean along a track.. I don't see how that has much relevance to this story.
I can definitely see how this guy could very well have started the legend about the rocket powered car.. but his ideas about the incident inspiring parts of the 3rd back to the future movie, is just grasping at straws. I don't think that lessens from the validity of the rest of the story however.

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 04-19-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2000 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
This story or "urban legend" was actually discussed right here on the Forum last June.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/000126.html

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I really dont think I believe that story.

If a rocket went off anywhere with in 100 miles of a house there would be people out there investigating.

NOW IF HE POSTED THOSE PICTURES OF THE CAR IN THE MOUNTAIN, I WOULD BELIEVE IT!!!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock